By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

No Halo and not enough Bald Space Marines

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

It's a beast. It does too much and those firmware updates are duuuur.

YallFail said:

Failure rates are climbing drives are failing google it and sony every time confronted with the issue tell people there warrenty is up aww to bad i got a free 3 year warrenty on my systems supposed issue that i haven't experienced yet in 2 years since i bought it.

drive failures
bad customer support
no in game buddy list options
no in game music
shitty online service
no hdmi included
no bc on 40gb
have to buy headset seprately
shitty controller for fps
no rumble
no removable replaceable battery pack.
shitty system memoryforcing installs on hard drives for games taking up space.
i could go on forever

so you have had problems with the PS3?

You are a part of the less than 1% failure rate, as opposed to the 33% failure rate of the 360, or am I misunderstanding your post.

The customer support couldn't be as bad as they are for Microsoft, how they transfer you to India, then put you on hold for an hour.

You have to buy any bluetoothe headset seperately, more freedom is a good thing.

why would anyone want a removable battery pack. A lump on the back of the controller which has 2 AA batteries attached, not cool, even if it is rechargable. In that regard, Sony wins.

The system installs are also for convenience to cut down on, or eliminate load times entirely. I believe the 360 would be the same way, but developers are not presented with the convenience of a hard drive with every 360 sku.

I am not here to completely support Sony though, just to point out where you are wrong. I will give credit where it is due, and not to completely go against the rules imposed in this thread, I will agree with your other downfalls of Sony.

As you said, No in game XMB  - which is coming

No BC on 40 gig, this is a big oversight on Sony's part, but brilliant for sales, they know what they are doing.

The controller has no rumble, and the 360's is better for FPS.  (it better be)  - rumble is coming

In addition to the 2 or 3 correct ones you listed, here are some more

Dispite releasing some very solid titles, Sony has still not released any established franchises outside of Unreal and Ratchet. This is a bad thing.  But it does appear to have the gaming culture convinced that 2008 will be Sony's year, and I agree with this.

The delays - at this point in a consoles lifescycle delays hurt the worst.  (where in the hell is HOME??)

loosing exclusivity of Grand Theft Auto 4,   huge blow to Sony, but they knew what they were doing here too. By loosing one exclusive, rockstar gave them the exclusivity of L.A. Noir, and a future un-announced new IP by rockstar, (which supposedly is just as good or better/parallel to the GTA franchise)

Initial Price point of $600, Terribly high price, also terrible blow to early sales. But I have been thinking about this one a bit. At $600 you have the luxury of dropping the price several times to improve sales. With every price drop there is a sales spike- this is good. Also with high price, comes high quality.

The controller, I want something better, change it for once.

Not including everything xbox 360 has from the get go:  you came out after the 360, this should have at least given Sony the advantage of matching XBL feature for feature.   They are slowly getting there

Underestimating the selling power of the wii:  the whole world is guilty of this, but it is a sales advantage that Sony wont get back until possibly Next Gen- if ever.

PSN store. IMO the online system can work great, but the PSN looks like a shitty webpage from 1995 if you ask me. This needs overhauled with a UI that works better on tv's. Including more timely releases of PS1 /PSP games, and a Music/Video store.    I am sure around the release of HOME, they will attempt some of these things.

thats all I can think of right now, sorry for going slightly off-topic by also talking optimistically. 

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

It doesn't print money!

G.W. Bush likes the PS3.

That is more than reason enough for most americans to not buy it :D.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Around the Network

No games for me.At least until now.
You can see your fingerprints on it,even before touching it. ;)

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

The controllers are too light, and the DS 3 is too heavy

Easily scratches, doesnt come with rumble controllers......
ummm... doesnt have good motion controls, doesnt have Live quality service,
doesnt print money, doesnt cost $250, i can go on forever ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
v
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
v Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz
Boo vgchartz

Will a mod please ban ilikefrogs.

OT: It doesn't include kittens.

EDIT: Looks like a mod got him. Yeah!

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.