By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The REAL reason the Wii U is struggling and what needs to be done! Nintendo fans, get in here!!

Really? If you asked someone what a Wii was they would say it has the Wii Remote?! The person you asked wouldn't mention main feature of the Wii?! I'm so amazed by the unbelievable fact!

Around the Network

You are absolutely RIGHT.

Nintendoers are obviously too naive and ignorant to understand that their support is killing Nintendo.

Luckily other more mature or intelligent games, realize this, but also love Nintendo: that's why THEY have to save Nintendo.

oniyide said:
Licence said:

I think you have a good point. The thing I loved about the Wii was the motion controls. It was a bit crappy before the Motion Plus, but after that it fixed most of the issues. I though that games that supported the Motion Plus are all really good (Tiger Woods golf, Wii Sports Resort, Skyward Sword, Conduit 2, Red Steele 2).

With the WiiU, the motion plus is now a given. They now really can produce the type of games that the Wii initially promised ... but then they went with the gamepad. Now, don't get me wrong, I really like the gamepad in "core" games like AC and ZombiU, but I have a feeling that most Wii owners are looking for those wild swingin' days with the wiimote.

And where is the golf game for the WiiU? Tiger Woods was one of the best selling games on the Wii, outselling its PS360 piers in spite of being graphically inferior. There are hundreds of thousands of corporate workers looking for a way to make golf in their living room a reality - why is no one tapping this market?

EA owns the license to Tiger woods, and PGA golf EA isnt producing for Ninty. simple

It doesn't have to be Tiger Woods per se. Any golf game will do. At the moment, there are ZERO.

Licence said:
oniyide said:
Licence said:

I think you have a good point. The thing I loved about the Wii was the motion controls. It was a bit crappy before the Motion Plus, but after that it fixed most of the issues. I though that games that supported the Motion Plus are all really good (Tiger Woods golf, Wii Sports Resort, Skyward Sword, Conduit 2, Red Steele 2).

With the WiiU, the motion plus is now a given. They now really can produce the type of games that the Wii initially promised ... but then they went with the gamepad. Now, don't get me wrong, I really like the gamepad in "core" games like AC and ZombiU, but I have a feeling that most Wii owners are looking for those wild swingin' days with the wiimote.

And where is the golf game for the WiiU? Tiger Woods was one of the best selling games on the Wii, outselling its PS360 piers in spite of being graphically inferior. There are hundreds of thousands of corporate workers looking for a way to make golf in their living room a reality - why is no one tapping this market?

EA owns the license to Tiger woods, and PGA golf EA isnt producing for Ninty. simple

It doesn't have to be Tiger Woods per se. Any golf game will do. At the moment, there are ZERO.

And i dont see that changing soon. Yes they could make one without the license but that would be like making a football game without the NFL, the amount of people that would be interested in that is small. Your only hope is that Ninty makes a Mario golf game for the Wii U and considering that they didnt see fit to put one on the Wii the system with the dam controller that made the most sense and since they are making one for 3ds (makes no damn sense) im not holding my breath. Maybe theyll buck down and throw it in whatever Wii Sports nonsense they make next.

oniyide said:
Licence said:
oniyide said:
Licence said:

And i dont see that changing soon. Yes they could make one without the license but that would be like making a football game without the NFL, the amount of people that would be interested in that is small. Your only hope is that Ninty makes a Mario golf game for the Wii U and considering that they didnt see fit to put one on the Wii the system with the dam controller that made the most sense and since they are making one for 3ds (makes no damn sense) im not holding my breath. Maybe theyll buck down and throw it in whatever Wii Sports nonsense they make next.

I don't think they're the same market. People who play FIFA or NFL on a console is looking to recreate the experience of the professional leagues on their gaming console. Golf players are different - they are looking to recreate a realistic golf setting in their living room, where they get to practice their game and pretend to be out on the course when it is actually raining outside. They don't care so much about licensing.

Around the Network

I know how to make up for it, I HATE NINTENDO!!! BWAH GON JACK OFF TO THE HATE. (Now everyone will like my comment, and I get 1st place for the most intelligent comment posted. WINNING.)

fatslob-:O said:
Your dead wrong for the most part but I'm not surprised because most people on game forums don't know what sells. I'm especially surprised that a game sales forum such as this itself is contained with alot of people who don't know the mechanics of how a game will sell.

Would you care to explain what exactly i'm wrong about?

Soundwave said:
To get back to the OPs point, there's no singular reason the Wii U is struggling. Nintendo made about 3-4 crippling mistakes.

You don't get sales this ugly without several bad decisions. Even Mario can't do much with this mess.

The controller is one issue but not the only one.

The heart of it all is them using the Gamepad instead of the Wii Mote

d21lewis said:
Did someone say "Jack off time"? I got here as fast as I could!!

Only if you hate Wii U, otherwise GET OUTTA HERE! Lol.

Nintentacle said:
Really? If you asked someone what a Wii was they would say it has the Wii Remote?! The person you asked wouldn't mention main feature of the Wii?! I'm so amazed by the unbelievable fact!

..somebody pissed in your cornflakes?