By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox One Available on Amazon, PS4 is Not

The Xbox One is up for orders on Amazon now.

Following Microsoft and Sony's high-selling console launches, Xbox One consoles are available now on Amazon, while the PlayStation 4 remains sold out.

The Xbox One will be stocked on December 21, according to Amazon, while no date is given for any additional PS4 bundles.

According to a recent NPD report, last month marked the best November ever for hardware sales. The new console launches are largely responsible, although strong Nintendo 3DS sales were cited as well, having increased "by 15 percent year-to-date through November."

The PlayStation 4 has been credited with the "largest console launch in history," outselling any other console in its first month. The Xbox One, however, was called the "fastest-selling console," as it launched a week later than Sony's console, and outsold the PS4 on a per-week basis.

Software sales, on the other hand, were down in November, dropping $1.085 billion since November 2012. Although sales have been steadily increasing over the past four months, November marks the first of the four where growth was driven by hardware.

See the link for more: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/12/13/xbox-one-available-on-amazon-ps4-is-not?+main+twitter

Around the Network

Good news, maybe I should buy another one for my son!

It is near the end of the end....

Buying 4 more PS4s when they're available

So this means more xbox one sales this holiday than ps4.....Is that what your trying to say Op?

Lyrikalstylez said:

So this means more xbox one sales this holiday than ps4.....Is that what your trying to say Op?

I didn't make the article, ask IGN :D

But if a product is selling out, it doesn't mean that it's selling bad, right?

Around the Network

So X1 are available to order (supply to arrive on the 21st) while PS4 has no date...

interesting lol

And X1 "outsold the PS4 on a per-week basis" ? Lovely

Thanks Somini for the great X1 news

I think it's more related to supply. While Sony is focusing supply everywhere, MS is focusing more on the US, so even though the PS4 is sold out, Xbox One might still be selling more than the PS4.

fighter said:

So X1 are available to order (supply to arrive on the 21st) while PS4 has no date...

interesting lol

And X1 "outsold the PS4 on a per-week basis" ? Lovely

Thanks Somini for the great X1 news

Sure ;)

riecsou said:
I think it's more related to supply. While Sony is focusing supply everywhere, MS is focusing more on the US, so even though the PS4 is sold out, Xbox One might still be selling more than the PS4.

I agree it is realated to supply but to know how is selling more we will need the next NPD.

I'm sure the demmand for PS4 >>>>> Xbone.

So you can even supply more and get sold out faster.

ethomaz said:
riecsou said:

I agree it is realated to supply but to know how is selling more we will need the next NPD.

I'm sure the demmand for PS4 >>>>> Xbone.

So you can even supply more and get sold out faster.

Demand for PS4 is greater for Xbox One, that is not even up for discussion. People are still making 7:00 am lines on Best Buy to get a PS4. I got my PS4 on a 7:00 line at best buy and when they were opening the people standing for the PS4 was way greater than the Xbox One.

A friend of mine is making the line at Best Buy tomorrow at 7:00 am. He went last week at 8:00 am and he didn't make the cut.