By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So, shall we jump on the "XBONE IS DOOMED" bandwagon ?

SO??

Wow. Much doom. New Dreamcast. 562 72.33%

Very sales. Such dominance. 209 26.90%

Total:771
Nsanity said:
Have you guys seen Titanfall?

What about it ? 

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
Seece said:
Seece said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Seece said:
If you're expecting WiiU levels you're going to be greatly disappointed, it has a clear audience it's actually aiming at.

We'll wait and see what the sales do, they're not going to be fantastic but they'll be good enough I'm sure.

What is that clear audience?

The 360 audience. Didn't think it needed pointing out.

It will be cannibalized by the PS4. 

No it won't, PS4 will sell better for sure, but it won't be a PS2/Xbox scenario, don't kid yourself. They're far too close for that to happen and one $100 price cut and they're at parity with the average consumer.

Ofcourse it probably won't a PS2/xbox scenario but nonetheless it will get cannibalized by the PS4 much like how the 360 cannibalized sony's audience.

@Bold That $100 price difference is pretty much gonna mean that the audience would rather go get a PS4 instead of X1. There really isn't any reason to get an X1 other than halo. 

What are the reasons to get a PS4 then, Uncharted and $100 cheaper? Like I said that $100 is a hurdle but IF MS cut then they're at parity. The old chesnut "they only have Halo" shows you up, you can do better than that.

mii-gamer said:
it will drop off like any other console after the holiday season but it won't be a wii u situation

this. i love these threads, my console of choice is doing bad, so others must too.

Seece said:
Seece said:
Seece said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Seece said:
If you're expecting WiiU levels you're going to be greatly disappointed, it has a clear audience it's actually aiming at.

We'll wait and see what the sales do, they're not going to be fantastic but they'll be good enough I'm sure.

No it won't, PS4 will sell better for sure, but it won't be a PS2/Xbox scenario, don't kid yourself. They're far too close for that to happen and one $100 price cut and they're at parity with the average consumer.

Ofcourse it probably won't a PS2/xbox scenario but nonetheless it will get cannibalized by the PS4 much like how the 360 cannibalized sony's audience.

@Bold That $100 price difference is pretty much gonna mean that the audience would rather go get a PS4 instead of X1. There really isn't any reason to get an X1 other than halo. 

What are the reasons to get a PS4 then, Uncharted and $100 cheaper? Like I said that $100 is a hurdle but IF MS cut then they're at parity. The old chesnut "they only have Halo" shows you up, you can do better than that.

That's really it. MS only has halo, other than that the games on the PS4 and X1 are going to be largely the same. If the same situation happened to sony the only reason to get a PS4 is gran turismo. A game really only matters if it can move alot of hardware and clearly both sony and microsoft has only 1 game to do that.

Seece, you of all people should know alot about other recent users on this site like myself. You know that I don't come from either camp. (Other than PC ofcourse if you look at my sig.) 

Nsanity said:

What about it ? 

So you haven't seen Titanfall?

Around the Network
Seece said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Seece said:

So them requiring people to purchase kinect helps reclaim the 360 audience?

FrancisNobleman said:

I say that like the Wii U at it's launch, the Xbone is selling purelly on hype, and in this case, the main sales driver is the thirsty hardcore dudebro who can't wait to play CoD with the same graphical fidelity like he has seen in 2009 in PC's. 

Coming this Januray, the engine will run out of steam, and blockbuster games. So Microsoft will find themselves with an expensive box no one cares. PlayStation is cool again, so they are saved.

In this thread, we separate the Xbone doom callers, from the oblivious believers. Crow will be served in 2 months and a half, anyway the thread goes. Should be entertaining. 

The Xbone is the main console I play right now because of Killer Instinct. I wouldn't say its all hype.

Nsanity said:
Nsanity said:

What about it ? 

How well do you think is it going to sell ? 

Seece said:
Seece said:
Seece said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Seece said:

That's really it. MS only has halo, other than that the games on the PS4 and X1 are going to be largely the same. If the same situation happened to sony the only reason to get a PS4 is gran turismo. A game really only matters if it can move alot of hardware and clearly both sony and microsoft has only 1 game to do that.

Seece, you of all people should know alot about other recent users on this site like myself. You know that I don't come from either camp. (Other than PC ofcourse if you look at my sig.) 

Both shift most of their consoles through third party but also the overal library, all those little exclusives (and not so little, Gears as an example) do shift hardware. Fable 2 sold over 1m in the US in a couple of weeks, MGS$ pushed PS3 hardware sky high in the US that month, there is stuff we don't even know about that will sell millions.

There are a lot of factors that go into choosing a console, probably the biggest being where your friends are going and what you gamed on last gen, yes those can change (and likely will for a lot of people) but as long as something disasterous doesn't happen then there won't be a monumental shift. (before you say look at Wii to Wiiu and PS2 to PS3.)

Nsanity said:
Nsanity said:

What about it ? 

How well do you think is it going to sell ? 

Judging by the Earth's Atmosphere and Sun's Rays i would say about 6 to 7 million.