By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is the XBONE innovative while the PS4 is just better graphics?

Am I right?

Yes 92 21.50%

No 202 47.20%

Wii U is the real next-gen system 98 22.90%

See results 36 8.41%

Total:428

Kinect integration, the ability for real multitasking, Azure just off the top of my head. The potential is much greater on that side. PS4 really has nothing on Xbone except a small power advantage, just like last gen. lol @ people only started saying this to downplay power, people knew the Xbox One would be changing things up more since the day it was announced, whether it was a good thing or a bad thing.

Sony does have a potential feather in its cap with Gaikai, but tbh I don't expect much of anything to come out of that.

Around the Network

I don't see much of anything that is innovative about the PS4 to be honest. All I care about is games though so Innovation isn't really that great of a thing to have anyway. If Sony makes great games that's all I need same with Xbox One and Wii U.

Xbox One doesn't even take screen shots or do Twitch streaming yet.

PS4 install times are MUCH faster than XB1.

1080p > 720p ... and better graphics on PS4 as well.

wick said:
I would say neither are really that innovative.

Both are more powerful, yes, but innovative??

I think people are overusing that word lately.

Touch-pads, voice control, motion tracking, second screens, video capturing, HDMI in, new buttons, code scanning via a camera. They've all been done before guys.

Let's not bullshit each other and claim "innovation" when they are all just tweaks and improvements on existing technologies.

THANK YOU!

FInally someone understands....I constantly ask what is so innovatiive? We are indeed on the same page...

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Exactly how i feel about the 2 consoles.
Plus xbox live is getting more features in the near future.
Like: family sharing plan, able to trade/sell/loan digital copies (something steam already copied from microsoft)
Plus others they are working on.
IMO sony will copy microsoft and add those features too just like they added x game chat.
Microsoft easily wins on the software side.

Did you know ps4 only supports a 2.4 wireless signal?

The xbox one supports a wireless adapter capable of 2.4 - 5.0ghz.

The ONLY next gen console to do so. 

Around the Network
9087 said:
Xbox One doesn't even take screen shots or do Twitch streaming yet.

PS4 install times are MUCH faster than XB1.

1080p > 720p ... and better graphics on PS4 as well.

Twitch is coming 

Nothing a simple patch cant fix 

there are 8 games that run at 1080p @ 60fps on xbox one so i get to differ. 

Plus when developers start using other unique features just found on xbox one (direct x) then you will start seeing better looking games. Its not always about having the strongest console. Optimization is as important as the hardware and the xbox one is gonna have some of the best seeing as how microsoft is a software corporation afterall. 

Sony = hardware 

Microsoft = software 

Thats why the xbox one has better features and why the ps4 has better hardware. 

Did you know ps4 only supports a 2.4 wireless signal?

The xbox one supports a wireless adapter capable of 2.4 - 5.0ghz.

The ONLY next gen console to do so. 

why no mention of hypervisor?
why no mention of rio?

Are you biased because you are uninformed?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

PS4 records up to 15 minutes of game video while XBox One only does up to 5.

That is 3x the innovation.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Imaginedvl said:

The majority of the reviews out there are saying the Xbox One brings more innovation, even if they gladly admit that Microsoft needs to tweak a lot of things.

You are just picking what "you" believe is innovative in the Xbox One basically and you are ommitting a lot of things just because it does not matter to you (of you conveniently ignore them). Your list is terrible...

Innovation = vision too, you seem to forget that a lot and Microsoft got a way bigger vision than Sony regarding their "gaming" console :)

do you have selective memory or are you just saying that because you feel the need to praise microsoft? Microsofts vision for gaming with the xbox one has been one of the biggest gaming failures ever. they did a complete reversal on its policies for a reason, it was a gigantic fail. funny how you comment on the xbox ones vision for gaming when they been working for months to make it more like the PS4's.

and please, dont get me started on Microsoft and their vision, as an hardware and entertaiment company they have been anything but visionary.

TheBlackNaruto said:
wick said:
I would say neither are really that innovative.

Both are more powerful, yes, but innovative??

I think people are overusing that word lately.

Touch-pads, voice control, motion tracking, second screens, video capturing, HDMI in, new buttons, code scanning via a camera. They've all been done before guys.

Let's not bullshit each other and claim "innovation" when they are all just tweaks and improvements on existing technologies.

THANK YOU!

FInally someone understands....I constantly ask what is so innovatiive? We are indeed on the same page...

It's pretty obvious to me, yet people keep throwing around this innovating word like it justifies their choice of console.

You like xbox? Fine have fun. You prefer Playstation? Good for you. 

Just don't spruke bullshit about innovation.

NEITHER CONSOLE QUALIFIES!!! 

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron