By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Unofficial Nintendo Hype Thread for 2014

Okay...

Pokemon, Monster Hunter, Luigi's Mansion 2, NSMB2, CastleVania, Donkey Kong, Professor Layton.

So most of the main hardware movers?

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
noname2200 said:
Weak 3DS lineup for me. Guess every year can't be 2013!

how many 3DS games released this year were known in 2012? think about it...

That I personally purchased? Zelda's the only retail release that I didn't know about and expect to have localized before 2013.

Edit: Correction, Milennium Girl's also on that list.

Not a single game in those list interest me.

Is Yarn Yoshi confirmed for 2014? Have we seen any trailer?

Mr Khan said:
kekrot said:
I'm really looking forward to Tropical Freeze. Because David Wise.

Also Smash Bros. for both consoles and Mario Kart 8. And also Oddworld New 'n Tasty, played the original on my brothers PS1 when I was like 5, scary... Never finished it though.

I'll give Bayonetta 2 a try if they release the first one too on Wii U, not going to just play a sequel.

Reading a synopsis of the old game would serve just as well. It's what i'll end up doing if they don't port the original.

It's really worth playing the original if you have the means. It's one of the best action games of all time.

Around the Network

Come to think of it, there really aren't a whole lot of games I'm interested in in 2014, at least not announced. Though the few there are are MASSIVE for me: Smash bros, Mario Kart 8, and DKC. X to a lesser extent. Would be interested in Watch Dogs but I'll probly get that for PC as it'll look nicer on my beast of a gaming PC. I'd also love to check out DQX if they ever localize the damn thing.

Though there isn't much next year for me yet, theres still a ton I gotta catch up with for this year like Mario 3D World, Wii U Party (mainly for Xmas and family get togethers), Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter, Rayman Legends.. should keep me busy for awhile, especially now that I got a job -_-

WiiU: X & Smash Bros. are by far my favorites for 2014.
Bayonetta 2 looks pretty good too...

3DS: Since we already got Bravely Default in Europe, the list looks kinda "meh" to me

Yoshi looks ridiculously cute in his game

If there is one thing to be hype about, it is that most Japanese publishers seem to be sticking with the PS3 rather then migrating to the PS4 or Xbox One, meaning that those that don't have the ability to develop games on the newest consoles will likely shift whatever HD focus they have over to the Vita, PS3 or potentially the Wii U which seems to be having a PS3 in Japan like slow grind toward becoming that nations #1 console (which is really just 3rd place overall but who cares units are being moved).

In terms of games and upcoming games Wii U is buzzin, such a shame the hardware sales so far havent mirrored that. With whats on offer at the moment and all the great games coming in 2014, i have no regrets about my Wii U purchase. Still so much potential to be unlocked and i will be along for the ride every step of the way...IM HYPED!!

they say money can't buy happiness, but i can buy lots of Nintendo games, which is pretty damn close.