By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Unofficial Nintendo Hype Thread for 2014

MikeRox said:
Fighting game and Beat em Up are the same thing to me.

I enjoy "brawlers" such as Streets of Rage and Double Dragon (though there's not really been much in the way of good ones lately).

I struggle with fighting games though as I have dyspraxia and it means I find the control schemes for all the moves completely overwhelming. It's the reason I don't really enjoy games like Street Fighter either.

I see. the confusion was that many people equate beat em up with brawlers, and no longer with fighters. Wikipedia, for example. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beat_'em_up

Around the Network

Actually quite a good Wii U exclusive lineup!

I'm SO HYPED for smash bros. My "self proclaimed greatest local multiplayer GOAT" was Brawl so if this one is good... Idk

Mario kart 8 looks like more Mario kart, but in HD. Normally that's boring, but Mario is kart is fun so yes, also hyped for that as well. The tracks look great from an early trailer.

X interests me a lot as well. I didn't fall in love with xenoblade like most, although it was good.

Donkey kong looks so lame it's not even funny hehehe. Cranky kong? Really Nintendo?

Multiplat games hopefully are of equal quality to ps4/Xbone if Nintendo wants wii u to actually compete.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

sc94597 said:
noname2200 said:
Weak 3DS lineup for me. Guess every year can't be 2013!

Maybe we'll get localizations of Monster Hunter 4 and Dragon Quest VII remake to make up for it. ;) 

I'm counting on Monster Hunter. Not a Dragon Quest guy, and VII in particular sounds like it'll be super not-up-my-alley, though I hope it gets localized for the sake of its Western fans.

noname2200 said:
sc94597 said:
noname2200 said:

Maybe we'll get localizations of Monster Hunter 4 and Dragon Quest VII remake to make up for it. ;) 

I'm counting on Monster Hunter. Not a Dragon Quest guy, and VII in particular sounds like it'll be super not-up-my-alley, though I hope it gets localized for the sake of its Western fans.

We do need to hunt together again.

God knows if i'll have time for a Monster Hunter next year. Grad school is coming <_>

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

We do need to hunt together again.

God knows if i'll have time for a Monster Hunter next year. Grad school is coming <_>

Wanna know a secret? Grad school is largely less demanding of your time than undergrad. There'll be a few crunch times here and there when life will suck, but otherwise it'll be the most free time of your life!

Around the Network

Well I guess I can address my backlog of 3DS games to buy/play during the intermission. Fire Emblem is next on my list, played the demo, read the reviews, and it definitely seems like one of the better games in the series and one of the best games on the 3DS. Shin Megami Tensei 4, and EO4 are on my list too. After those and Braverly Default (should release in NA right when I'm finish with those) I should be tired of RPGs, lol. I've also been replaying Radiant Historia and wouldn't mind a sequel for 3DS. Great game.

That's already a great line up if you own both systems, and I expect there will be further announcements to come. Glad I jumped on a Wii U while it was on offer, hugely excited for X, Bayonetta 2, Smash Brothers and Kart 8.

I'm really looking forward to Tropical Freeze. Because David Wise.

Also Smash Bros. for both consoles and Mario Kart 8. And also Oddworld New 'n Tasty, played the original on my brothers PS1 when I was like 5, scary... Never finished it though.

I'll give Bayonetta 2 a try if they release the first one too on Wii U, not going to just play a sequel.

Yep.

kekrot said:
I'm really looking forward to Tropical Freeze. Because David Wise.

Also Smash Bros. for both consoles and Mario Kart 8. And also Oddworld New 'n Tasty, played the original on my brothers PS1 when I was like 5, scary... Never finished it though.

I'll give Bayonetta 2 a try if they release the first one too on Wii U, not going to just play a sequel.

Reading a synopsis of the old game would serve just as well. It's what i'll end up doing if they don't port the original.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

noname2200 said:

how many 3DS games released this year were known in 2012? think about it...