By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why the PS Vita is not selling well?

just like the Wii-U, it all in the name.

Around the Network

Sony consoles are only good for third party games and the vita has no dev support, everyone is making 3DS games because more people bought the 3DS.

Vita games 50% is shovelware/ports, 40% of it is crap games, and 10% is mediocre games.

I don't care what the vita's specs are, if there aren't enough games to justify the cost then it may as well not exist.

There just aren't enough exclusives. All the unique games (Sound Shapes, Escape Plan, AC: Liberation, etc.) that SEEMED to be exclusives when first announced ended up coming out on other PS hardware as well. No one felt that they NEEDED to buy a Vita for any exclusive games.

Also, Sony really only ever seemed to push this console in NA. If there were huge, exclusive Japanese games (Monster Hunter, Persona, etc.) then the system could have really taken off in that region.

Lack of exclusives, particularly in Japan, have prevented Vita from ever becoming a big deal. As it stands, I'd be surprised to see it sell more units lifetime than PSP. This situation mirrors that of the PS3 release following the success of PS2.

now that's cool

i heard reports of people not seeing or stocks are low in stores they go to

Around the Network

It boils down to content, Vita has amazing games, yes, but most of them are ports which potential buyers(likely those who have their ps3's) already have it on their home console.

Sony lazy/cheap ass do not want to advertise the handheld

Cause it don't have glass free 3d tits!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

The problem with Vita Games:
2/- PS3 New Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Bandai Namco Games 13/12/19 121,674 121,674
9/- Vita New Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Bandai Namco Games 13/12/19 49,261 49,261

It is being released on both platforms, if it's just the Vita that has it, I'm pretty sure it would have really much better sales.

Search for "ffx lang:ja" on twitter! Vitabros wil really like what they will see and read!