By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official "PS3 sweeps the 360 WW in January" Thread

starcraft said:
Well given there were numerous reports of shortages of premiums and elites BEFORE Microsoft themselves reported them, iI'd say its quite credible that there was shortages.

People have been claiming 360 has been sold out and that there were stacks of PS3s with dust on them for over a year so unless somebody besides MS and a bunch of fanboys or if i see all the360s gone including the Halo and arcade edition.

Around the Network

@ Dolla Dolla

You are the man! I love that .gif.

How do you put .gifs in your sig, cuz that bad boy is going in.

@starcraft read my post. I refuse to believe these cries of shortages. Sony has more demand for their machine in each region and MS can't keep up with their demands? Sony doubled their sales of last year MS has sold more but not much more. Sony can still keep up with demands MS cant? MS has to only focus on one market. They aren't even claiming being short. Just one model. I'm suppose to believe everyone who wants an 360 wants a premium? I call BS

I think they are forcing their shortages.

DMeisterJ said:
@ Dolla Dolla

You are the man! I love that .gif.

How do you put .gifs in your sig, cuz that bad boy is going in.

It's kinda a big gif, like 700kb. I don't know if the resident VGCer's would appreciate the load everytime they see you post ...

But if you must know ... *PM*

Nice job for PS3, the Playstation brand has finally made a comeback.

Around the Network

Seriously, everybody needs to just accept that there WAS a shortage of PREMIUMS AND ELITES while there was a clear oversupply of ARCADES AND HALO EDITIONS. Even I as a huge Sony fan understand this. If there were enough Premiums and Elites, I'm sure the PS3 would've been outsold again. But hey, that's what MS gets for trying to exploit Halo in such a disgusting way. And people say the PS3 skus are out of control. Here's incontrovertible evidence that MS's sku strategy is a mess and a failure. They really should never get outsold by the PS3 in America; this is MS's battle to lose, and they're doing a great job of screwin it up.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

PS3 did over 75k weekly.
That`s more, then x360 did in January 2007.

@jman8,

hooray for MS after 2 years they finnaly get shortages

/watever u think am doing
LoLz.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Who would have thought before the PS3 was released that it would be reduced to threads of celebration for coming in second for a month. Shocking just how far the mighty have fallen.

Legend11 said:
Who would have thought before the PS3 was released that it would be reduced to threads of celebration for coming in second for a month. Shocking just how far the mighty have fallen.

who would have thought that the ps3 would outsell the 360 even for a month in NA costing 50 to 150 dollars more and with "no games" hahaha

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Perhaps ioi make some adjustments as well? oh Dolla Dolla,you make my night LOL :D