By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - You can't buy a Wii U gamepad in stores!?

Mad55 said:
oniyide said:
Mad55 said:
oniyide said:
Mad55 said:
Kinect s the same way really if it breaks or something your only option would probably be to contact Microsoft. Though in the gamepads case it is more jarring since its the main controller.

so then its not the same thing. at all

Its similar so its a comparison thats not 100% the same. Which is different from not the same at all. 

pretty sure Kinect 2.0 isnt as intergral to xbone as wiipad is to Wii U, but i could be wrong about that. If im not i wouldnt be surprised if they make a cheaper SKU sans Kinect before Ninty even starts to make gamepad available in stores

I am not sayi'g that i was saying that the situations were similar despite that. Their both major devices for their respectve platforms and you can't buy them in stores. Not saying their exactly the same. 

fair enough

Around the Network

It seems that they´re only available in Japan right now, but there´s no game yet that uses two Gamepads.

Maybe Mario Kart 8 will have this funcionality.

theARTIST0017 said:

Other than that, the op doesn't make sense because it doesn't make sense to sell standalone gamepads for the one person on vgchartz who just "wants" to have it, (Nintendo would end up losing money)

What doesn't make sense is locking the functionality to a controller and making it unavailable outside of Nintendo themselves. As far as Nintendo losing money, that is their problem. They could have easily made the other controllers control the entire OS / play all the games. 

I'm sure no other person besides me wanted another gamepad or lost theirs.

Izo said:
theARTIST0017 said:

Other than that, the op doesn't make sense because it doesn't make sense to sell standalone gamepads for the one person on vgchartz who just "wants" to have it, (Nintendo would end up losing money)

What doesn't make sense is locking the functionality to a controller and making it unavailable outside of Nintendo themselves. As far as Nintendo losing money, that is their problem. They could have easily made the other controllers control the entire OS / play all the games. 

No, but the rest contacted Nintendo for a replacement like it says to do in the manual and accompanying brochure material.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Izo said:
theARTIST0017 said:

Nope, I just used the money and bought a second Wii U for the kids to ruin so mine is safe hah.

Around the Network

what happens when your buttons etc start to wear??? you need replacement pads

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Nintendo should sell game pads in stores

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Multiplayer games with 2 gamepads running at once is the next leap forward that the console needs. Imagine a game like Madden where 2 people could play local vs mode but be able to pick their plays secretly....

Skeeuk said:
what happens when your buttons etc start to wear??? you need replacement pads

One does not simply wear out Nintendo hardware.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046