By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you like DLC or not?

DLC is somethign that became insanely popular in the 7th generation but it has ended up being a double edged swords.  On one end it is great for multiplayer games like Halo, Killzone, and Call of Duty so it keeps bringing you fresh experiences.  On the other hand it has allowed developers to release unfinished games and DLC also has been over-priced more often than not.

Anyways what do you guys think.  I both like it and dislike it but without getting into a lot of details I'll let you guys talk :)

Around the Network

no

I've NEVER bought a DLC, but most of the time I despise it. That being sakd, I'm going to buy the SLU dlc to NSMBU - because, Nintendo is doing that shit right!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I have bought some crazy cool shit not even close to the original game, but close enough to be great. No hate at all here!!! Woooooooo!!!!!!

I like good DLC. I hate bad DLC.

Around the Network

I hate the concept as it's used to take advantage of the consumer.

Although it's acceptable when it's done right, fair and after the fact (Fire Emblem)

In theory I hate, but I've gotten DLC from TellTale (400 Days from The Walking Dead), Ubisoft (Songs for Just Dance), and Nintendo (New Super Luigi U) so I'm kind of a hypocrite.

It completely depends on the pricing of the game and the DLC compared to its content. Too many developers abuse the system to milk their game. I prefer the release of expansions over DLC, though obviously not all expansions are worth it either.

I like DLC, I feel developers definitely abuse it. But so long as I'm able to purchase a used game, no objections from me.

I've mentioned it before and say it again. We aren't even paying $65 for the games anymore. Not for the whole experience I mean. It's more like $85+