By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Am I the only one... Of course not! There are 7 billion people in the world!

If that title was misleading, the question was going to be: Am I the only one who LOVES 3D Land?

Because when 3D World was announced everybody was underwhelmed about it. I'm also guilty of that. Everybody was expecting a super epic quest from Mario to save Peach, like the Galaxies, but we got an -super- enhanced 3D Land with multiplayer. But I didn't mind that, because (prepare shield against Galaxy fanboys) I liked 3D Land more than the Galaxies (RAISE THE SHIELD).

Why, you may ask. Weeeeell: as many, Super Mario Bros. was my first videogame ever, and I loved it. Not because it was epic, not because it was great looking, not even because the music. But because it was just fun, and I didn't know why. It was fun to finish a level, it was fun to go down the pipes, it was fun to jump on a Goomba *FLASHFORWARD 13 years later (I was born on the 98', and my sister had the GBC version)* Super Mario 3D Land comes out and one of my cousins gets it. So I ask her if I could have it for some time until I finished it, and she gave it to me.

OH. MY. GOD. This is my favorite Mario game ever: the controls are perfect, the music is fantastic, it looks great, and to top it all... It's fun and I don't know why! And it's not trynig to be some epic adventure, it's what Mario originally wanted to be: Playing something fun, something unique, something different that you cannot play anywhere else. It's Mario back to it's roots in 3D, and that's why I love it!

I can't wait to get 3D World and play (what probably will become) my new favorite Mario game. So what's you're favorite Mario game?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

I actually kinda have to agree. I THINK I prefer 3D Land before Galaxy, but I'll really have to return to Galaxy and play that again.

Never mind. This got me thinking, and I think I'll just say it's a tie. Yup. That's good enough for me!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm gonna hunt down every one who says something else...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
Super Mario Bros 3

In my defense, I'm waiting for it t release on Wii U VC, so I can't tell if I like SMB3...

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

Slarvax said:
NiKKoM said:
Super Mario Bros 3

In my defense, I'm waiting for it t release on Wii U VC, so I can't tell if I like SMB3...

How many Mario games have you played?

Around the Network

3D Land is one of those games that everyone agrees is outstanding, then go on to add, "But Nintendo should never ever try to make anything like it ever again, and let's all pretend we weren't that impressed by it after all."

NiKKoM said:
Slarvax said:
NiKKoM said:
Super Mario Bros 3

How many Mario games have you played?

SMB, SMB2, SM64, SMG 1 and 2, NSMB 1/2/Wii/U, and 3D Land. Unless you want to count the spin offs.

I kinda didn't like Galaxy 2. I had just played it after part 1 so it felt like an expansion pack, so I said screw it and turned it off.

I can see from that list why you would say 3D Land.. But its SMB3.. And go get Super Mario World

we are all entitled of our opinion... some opinions are just stupid...
but your opinion should be a bitch slap to the people....

and you are not alone... a lot of people liked 3d world mroe than galaxy.. they are just too stubborn to admit it.