By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - do you own a ps vita,a 3ds,both or none?

what do you own?

a ps vita 89 21.29%

a 3ds 176 42.11%

both 110 26.32%

none 43 10.29%

Total:418
S.Peelman said:
DamnTastic said:

Vita is my main HH because of the easy multi-tasking, the badass screen and the sleep mode wich makes it very easy to hop into a game and back out.

Well even the GameBoy Advance had that .

(Not saying it ain't a handy feature of course)

But the vita is way more advanced :P I never shut it down. I just press the button and play. When I tried that with my 3DS I had to charge it after a day.

Don't remember it of the advanced, never used it I think. However GB advanced is still my most played handheld, even above psp I think

Around the Network

Had the 3DS since Ocarina of Time 3D in July(?) 2011. Got the game and the system on the game's release date. Still before the price-cut, so I have the Ambassador games, and it's an Aqua-blue colored system.

I have nine games up until now, but there's more I want right now and more I know I want in the future. Games I have are:

• Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
  • Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Mario Kart 7
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Luigi's Mansion 2
  • Kid Icarus Uprising
  • Star Fox 64 3D
  • Resident Evil: Revelations
I'm planning to get Layton & The Azran Legacy and Fire Emblem Awakening of those that are released, plus I'm somehow interested in Bravely Default which is a rare kind of game for me to be interested in. In the future I'll get at least Yoshi's Island from the top of my head.
I like all those games, one more than the other, but the best one, discounting Ocarina of Time because it's a remake and everything would lose against that game anyway, is Resident Evil: Revelations.

The hardware of the 3DS is good enough, it does what it needs to do well and the 3D effect is top notch. I know the Vita is supposed to be more powerful and all, but seriously I don't care in the slightest and I haven't seen much that so much better than the best of what's on 3DS anyway. It's 95% about the games, 5% about the hardware and 0% about all the extra features like internet, camera and stuff like that.

3DS
Hardware: 80
Software: 90

3DS is quickly shaping up to be my favorite handheld system overtaking the GameBoy Color. Sadly it would've already been that if A Link Between Worlds was half as brilliant as Link's Awakening.

DamnTastic said:

But the vita is way more advanced :P I never shut it down. I just press the button and play. When I tried that with my 3DS I had to charge it after a day.

Don't remember it of the advanced, never used it I think. However GB advanced is still my most played handheld, even above psp I think

That's true, 3DS (and DS) will still die after a day or so.

And to be fair I don't think every GBA game was capable of it, still used it plenty myself though. Actually, on DS or 3DS I probably mostly use it to not screw up my stats (average play-time, # of times played etc.) !

3DS.

Played Ridge Racer, Zelda OOT, MGS, NFS The Run, F1, Splinter Cell, RE Revelations, KH DDD and Mario 3D Land. I love the machine, but the glare is not great in day-time (apparently the XL is better), so I mostly use it when commuting in winter.

*Almost* got myself a Vita at launch but decided at the last minute to get an iPad instead. I am still very perplexed at what is happening with the Vita - the device is almost as powerful as a PS360 yet devs continue to bring out dumbed-down versions of their games on it. I really though that the Vita was going to make the 3DS obsolete within 6 months, but here we are today.

S.Peelman said:
DamnTastic said:

That's true, 3DS (and DS) will still die after a day or so.

And to be fair I don't think every GBA game was capable of it, still used it plenty myself though. Actually, on DS or 3DS I probably mostly use it to not screw up my stats (average play-time, # of times played etc.) !

If I remember properly, it had to be coded into the software with the GBA for sleep mode. I'm sure the NES Classics range etc had it.

Vita sleep mode is amazing. You can leave it shut for 5 days, and the battery will barely have changed from when you last used the system. 3DS battery dies pretty quickly even in sleep mode so it seems to be nowhere near as efficient.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
JazzB1987 said:
Several 3DS consoles and a PSvita also DSlite and PSP1000

ooh :-O !you are rich.

I own both because i'm awesome.

Hardware score wise:

Vita 90
3DS 75

Wagram said:
I own both because i'm awesome.

Hardware score wise:

Vita 90
3DS 75

looks like you misposted.how can the vita score more than the 3ds?

I have a 3DS original model that bought at lanuch, looking to upscale to XL soon. Going to get a Vita sometime soon waiting to conditions become more favorable for me and the Vita lol.

3ds, three years ago, I'd rate it 75 or so.