By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - do you own a ps vita,a 3ds,both or none?

what do you own?

a ps vita 89 21.29%

a 3ds 176 42.11%

both 110 26.32%

none 43 10.29%

Total:418

Original 3DS-June 2011 (on Ocarina of Time 3D's release date)
3DS XL-August 2012 (its release date along with NSMB2)

I would rate the 3DS a solid 80. 3DS XL however easily gets a 95 from me. Other than the battery life, I literally have NO complaints. At just 2 1/2 years into having a 3DS, I already own 21 3DS games (which is a lot for me...for most systems I usually end up with 20-30 games over their entire lifespan of 5-6 years), with more on the horizon, and have already spent over 800 hours in handheld gaming bliss. I can honestly say that currently, 3DS is my favorite gaming system EVER.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

Around the Network

Vita - Release - 87
3DS XL - Last Summer - 83
3DS - Launch - 78

Screen size matters for me!

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

aviggo77 said:
Wagram said:
I own both because i'm awesome.

Hardware score wise:

Vita 90
3DS 75

looks like you misposted.how can the vita score more than the 3ds?

Because the hardware is better lol he did say hardware :p

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

3DS software - 10000000
Vita software - 70

3DS hardware - meh
Vita hardware - 85

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:
3DS software - 10000000
Vita software - 70

3DS hardware - meh
Vita hardware - 85

cool rating bro.but 3ds also has bad games lol

Around the Network

Both.

Bought the Vita at launch.

Funny story about my purchase of the 3DS, actually no, not funny at all, but I bought a 3DS after reading this, assuming that a 3DS XL wasn't going to be released until atleast a year or two later.

http://www.webpronews.com/new-3ds-unlikely-says-nintendos-miyamoto-2012-06

So I ordered the regular 3DS the day I saw this news. Amazon and Target were both doing a buy two get one free sale, which I bought 3DS games, and one Vita game I wanted but didn't own. A week later I saw this.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/21/nintendo-announces-extra-large-3ds-ll-with-4-88-inch-top-screen/

Literally one week after I bought my 3DS. Nintendo usually makes statements like "we don't comment on rumors or speculation." But a fucking straight out lie. As a consumer who purchased a 3DS because of that lie it really pisses me off. Anyways. I later got a 3DS XL new for $150.

Anyways, not like a number means much, but I'll give the 3DS 6/10 and the 3DS XL and Vita an 8/10.

3DS is a 6/10 because of how uncomfortable it is to hold. The L and R buttons are positioned where the screen goes over part of them, so your fingers are pressed right up against the back of the screen. The start, select, and home keys on the 3DS are awful and it's like you have to press hard to even get them to work.

3DS XL is an 8/10 because comfort wise it's a massive step up. Infact, it's the second most comfortable handheld. The GBA is the first. The 3DS XL has full backwards compatibility with all DS games, though the quality unless reducing the resolution and screen size by 40% is noticeably worse. The sound quality and volume at the highest setting is poor, all the apps are extremely slow performing and unless you're alone in the house with dead silence, you can't hear a damn thing on Netflix and Youtube.

Vita is the third most comfortable handheld in my opinion. Right behind the 3DS XL. I haven't used a DSi XL though, so no idea how that is, but the regular DS Lite I thought worse worse than the fat DS. The picture and sound quality on the Vita are excellent. The sound volume is loud. The special features available with the Vita are good. A lot of Vita games don't have audio through multiplayer, possibly to make it run better, and party chat with friends while playing multiplayer is works well. The microphone during party chat is smart enough to not pick up on the audio coming from the Vita so you hear your friends and not what they're doing. Netflix is the same as the 3DS version but runs a lot better and loads a lot faster. All other apps are tailored specifically for the Vita and work very well. The Vita's internet runs a lot better than the PS3 and 3DS' internet.

One feature that is missing on the 3DS and it's pretty disappointing is a way to message friends on your list. There's really no way to tell a friend I see online that I want to play a game with them unless I know there phone number. I don't know all my 3DS friends personally.

When it comes to games though, for the Vita, if a game is on the PS3 and doesn't have additional content, then I don't often purchase them, so a lot of exclusives the Vita does have in comparison to the 3DS are lost because they're PS3 ports. So between Vita exclusives and multiconsole games not on the 3DS or PS3, in comparison to the same on the 3DS, their actually even.

RPGs on the 3DS are better. Vita has Persona 4 Golden vs 3DS' SMT4. Sure I have Ys Memories of Celceta and Muramasa Rebirth which are comparable to Fire Emblem, Etrian Odyssey, and Pokemon, but yeah. SMT4.

Platformers are better on the 3DS. LBP Vita is better than Super Mario 3D Land, New Super Mario Bros 2, Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate, and Shinobi in my opinion but not better than all four together.  Gravity Rush is merely decent, the worst of the list.

Racing is better on Vita. Wipeout 2048 with Wipeout HD DLC. I'm not a fan of Mario Kart 7, finished all races, played a little online, got bored within a week. If I wanted to play Mario Kart, I could always play Modnation Racers. Offline only, but it's not like online feels much different than online on a kart racer anyways. The creation mode offsets it..

For shooting, the Vita wins, comes back and wins again. I have Killzone Mercenary but extremely overrated garbage. 2/10, but that doesn't make Vita lose. I have Resident Evil Revelations and Mercenaries for 3DS, but that's in comparison to Uncharted Golden Abyss, Unit 13, and Earth Defense Force 2017.

When it comes to the Vita and 3DS with multiconsole titles included, the Vita is better. Not by a large amount but overall it's the better console.

Dragon's Crown is another RPG that pushes the Vita slightly ahead of the 3DS in terms of quality. Disgaea 3 has all the PS3 content Plus its own unique scenario. I'm not really a fan of Disgaea, but eh.

Fighting is good on both systems.

Racing is even better on the Vita with the better looking versions of the same games on the 3DS, and Need for Speed Most Wanted added to the list.

3DS takes platforming still and Vita takes shooting still.

Vita takes the Monster Hunting genre.  I'm going to review it later on, so wait for that, but as someone who doesn't like Ragnarok Odyssey on the Vita and only think Monster Hunter is okay, while this is exclusive, I didn't put it above because Monster Hunter isn't.  Soul Sacrifice is a very good Monster Hunter clone, and in my opinion a lot better than Monster Hunter.  I had zero interest in it but a friend finally got me into playing it and I'm really liking it.  
----

In the coming months, the 3DS is going to have Bravely Default and Super Smash Bros. Vita will be getting Sorcery Saga, Demon Gaze, and Soul Sacrifice Delta.  3DS will has the best fighter, 3DS will still have an edge in RPGs.  Overall quality of exclusives will still be similar maybe, Vita will have a slight lead in multiconsole titles still.

I bought a Vita for Dragon Crown.

I bought 3DS x2 for Pokemon X and Y....

3DS 2012 - Rate 70 (Pro: Many RPG's and Mario. Cons: Controlls at most games, low graphical, bad Eshop)
PS vita 2012 - Rate 85 (Pro: controlls at most games, Good graphics on most games, Killzone Merc. Cons: Not many games, not many RPG's, games with forced camera features(not really handy when you don't have much light around)

kappie1977 said:

3DS 2012 - Rate 70 (Pro: Many RPG's and Mario. Cons: Controlls at most games, low graphical, bad Eshop)
PS vita 2012 - Rate 85 (Pro: controlls at most games, Good graphics on most games, Killzone Merc. Cons: Not many games, not many RPG's, games with forced camera features(not really handy when you don't have much light around)

Bad eshop? are we playing the same system there are so many virtual console games.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

I used to have both, just a vita now. I played the old 64 games and mario 3d land and that about did it for my interests. Traded it in towards the ps4 when it was first announced. I still play my vita though, though not recently bc of social commitments as of late.