By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - do you own a ps vita,a 3ds,both or none?

what do you own?

a ps vita 89 21.29%

a 3ds 176 42.11%

both 110 26.32%

none 43 10.29%

Total:418

I have a 3DS. I bought it around August from a guy who had recently bought that one and a 3DS XL, so he barely used it. Don't have many games right now, but a friend of mine lets me borrow them. Still, I just needed Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate as one of my few games.

I would have rated the console an 84, but after trying out Monster Hunter's Multiplayer Goodness.....I'd say 94.

Around the Network
toot1231 said:

kappie1977 said:

3DS 2012 - Rate 70 (Pro: Many RPG's and Mario. Cons: Controlls at most games, low graphical, bad Eshop)
PS vita 2012 - Rate 85 (Pro: controlls at most games, Good graphics on most games, Killzone Merc. Cons: Not many games, not many RPG's, games with forced camera features(not really handy when you don't have much light around)

Bad eshop? are we playing the same system there are so many virtual console games.

Maybe I had to explain better or had to say that I liked the PS store  on the Vita better(also that I can purchase/download through the Playstation App etc). So it's really something personal in terms of experience. It has nothing to do with the quantity of games etc.

Had a 3DS XL for a brief time, but sold it back once I had burned through Mario Kart, 3D Land, and a couple others.. If I had a job at the time I probably would have kept it. I may still rebuy one once the price goes down or if I stumble upon an outstanding deal, but I think I've realized that I have littlle need for handheld gaming, especially now that I have a Nexus 7 and smart phone.

Vita, no thank you. I couldn't even name one interesting game (at least that I know about).

I won both and enjoy both xD

3DS------ beause Innovative Hardware with more better Games!

Zelda - Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch.... Incredable!!!

Around the Network
aviggo77 said:
JazzB1987 said:
Several 3DS consoles and a PSvita also DSlite and PSP1000

ooh :-O !you are rich.

Other people pay entrance fees to get into clubs (I just go into clubs for free or not at all) etc buy overpriced drinks in clubs and bars (I preparty xD)  buy cigarettes or pay extra for a stupid NIKE etc.  logo on their "made in third world country" shirts etc...

I safe my money for important things xD  Things like a "The Legend of Zelda A link between worlds 3DS XL"  :)

Bought a 3DS 1 week before its price drop (was able to convince the store to sell me the console for the cheaper price so I got the 20 ambassador games and just had to pay the new price)
Then I bought a 3DS XL for 160 when there was 20%off Nintendo stuff at a local store.
Then ordered 3DS XL Zelda edition for the regular price (have no intention in ever using it xD.)
And bought a 2DS because there was a  "free order lottery because of xmas promotion". Well and it seems that I wont have to pay for it because they never sent me a bill etc.

The Vita was 105€ at Amazon.   DSlite was launch price and the PSP was 40€ on ebay.

aviggo77 said:
Wagram said:
I own both because i'm awesome.

Hardware score wise:

Vita 90
3DS 75

looks like you misposted.how can the vita score more than the 3ds?

because it's better hardware. I prefer the Vita to the 3DS and have both systems. Vita has a much better rounded software library too for my tastes in games.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Metallicube said:

Vita, no thank you. I couldn't even name one interesting game (at least that I know about).

A nice thread for 2013 and 2014 Vita releases has been put together here:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5308403

That's a lot of no gaemz for your buck. :)

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
Metallicube said:

A nice thread for 2013 and 2014 Vita releases has been put together here:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5308403

That's a lot of no gaemz for your buck. :)

..and a lot of bucks to spend on them. Out of those Muramasa interests me, and I'd probably enjoy the Batman game. Ys I hear is similar to Secret of Mana which is my favorite RPG of all time so that may interest me, and beyond that, there's basically nothing.

Vita is just way too much money for me to spend on a handheld console, especially a Sony one (I don't even have interest in Sony's HOME console stuff, and that's where they're supposed to excel)

I'm a diehard Nintendo fan of about 20 years and even the 3DS didn't really do it for me. I highly doubt a handheld console by my least favorite out of "the big 3" would do anything for me.

I have both. I bought 3DS in Sept. 2011 in Osaka, to avoid being annoyed by region-lock, and Vita in May 2012.

3DS is fine. Has some masterpieces (Fire Emblem, Ace Attorney, Liberation Maiden...) and the design is pretty nice compared to the others. I find non-gaming features rather limited, complicated and uninteresting overall. The biggest problem is the total lack of interesting games in the 2014 line-up. Currently I have no 3DS game on my 2014 shopping list. As things are now I give it 7/10, with a negative outlook.

Vita is just excellent. Its capabilities are far greater than 3DS's, especially in communication/social. It kinda lacks super-great exclusives of its own (Gravity Daze, Project Diva F are the only ones I can think of) but it has many more good/entertaining games (Senran Kagura, Orochi Warriors, Neptune etc.). I bought like 10 games this year and have nearly as many scheduled for the first half of 2014. Solid 8/10, with positive outlook.