By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playing GT6 has made me appreciate Forza 5's graphics.

Tagged games:

pezus said:
shikamaru317 said:

I think Forza 4 had slightly better graphics than GT6. I was pretty disappointed when I saw some GT6 gameplay yesterday in a video review, considering how long it was in development you'd think they could have done better.

It's 1080p as opposed to Forza 4's 720p. You won't appreciate it until you see it in 1080p (uncompressed).

I've got my 360 and ps3 hooked up to my 1080 display and yup, I still stand by what I said.  Forza 4 looks better than GT 6.  But that's just me.  Everyone's got their own opinion, so I won't dwell on that any longer.  

Around the Network
Mmmfishtacos said:
walsufnir said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Wright said:
daredevil.shark said:
I am waiting for driveclub. It will blow forza 5 in terms of graphics. Cant wait.

But what about the gameplay, my man?

Well people seemt to perfer arcade racers to sims... So theres that.

What? Sales don't support your argument... DriveClub will never sell as much as GT, for example.

I'm not saying it will. 

Again, sales don't support what you are trying to say. What will?

A racer on last gen hardware made you appreciate the graphics of a racer on current gen? Would not have expected that. Should be interesting to see how Polyphony's first outing on PS4 should compare to it, or even DriveClub when it launches early next year.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

WOw a modern console game slightly better graphics than a game running on 8 year old hardware? Am i suppose to be surprised?

pezus said:
shikamaru317 said:

I think Forza 4 had slightly better graphics than GT6. I was pretty disappointed when I saw some GT6 gameplay yesterday in a video review, considering how long it was in development you'd think they could have done better.

It's 1080p as opposed to Forza 4's 720p. You won't appreciate it until you see it in 1080p (uncompressed).

But Forza 4 has 60fps without frame drops, this doesn't apply to GT6...

Around the Network
roborad said:
I think even forza 3/4 look better than gt 6, don't they?

That's an opinion and a preferences.  Forza has more stylized/unrealistic graphics but it makes some things look better.   Gran turismo aim for more naturalitic looks and lighting and not high stylized, so some things might look more plain compared to a game with more stylized graphics.  It is what it is, and it's a matter of preferences.

Both games in motion, I can barely see a difference to be honest.

pezus said:
walsufnir said:
pezus said:
shikamaru317 said:

But Forza 4 has 60fps without frame drops, this doesn't apply to GT6...

Which only further supports my argument.

Ehm, no. One can easily make a "prettier" game or better looking game if you don't have to worry about fps.

toastboy44562 said:
I will get forza 6 is they add more cars/nightdriving/better graphics all around while keeping the 60fps 1080p. Forza 3 looks better than gt5/6 to be honest

Forza 4 to 5 there is a big jump after playing 5 atleast in graphics.

Is this supposed to be surprising?