By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bungie's Destiny is delayed* to September 9th 2014

How do you feel about this

NOOOOOOO!!! 45 31.91%

Eh. 58 41.13%

Happy! 38 26.95%

Total:141
Raven722 said:

There have been others around the internet who are making claims about Destiny "running scared" or "getting stomped" and it all seems to be the same fanbase. As far as I know, Bungie's attitude has more to do with Microsoft than its players. Though when you have people so far up a company's ass that they believe they are one and the same I can see where that confusion comes in. Also, you don't have to engage in those kind of games to act like an insecure fan. I know plenty of people who have no real interest in Driveclub but they hope it does better than Forza just because it means Sony has a better game and thus will get more recognition.

F*cking really? Have you ever read your community posts?

Oooh don't get me started...

You must be very well informed to know wether Bungie has beef with MS or not.

Plus, they're releasing games for players to game not MS employees directly.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
Raven722 said:

There have been others around the internet who are making claims about Destiny "running scared" or "getting stomped" and it all seems to be the same fanbase. As far as I know, Bungie's attitude has more to do with Microsoft than its players. Though when you have people so far up a company's ass that they believe they are one and the same I can see where that confusion comes in. Also, you don't have to engage in those kind of games to act like an insecure fan. I know plenty of people who have no real interest in Driveclub but they hope it does better than Forza just because it means Sony has a better game and thus will get more recognition.

F*cking really? Have you ever read your community posts?

Oooh don't get me started...

You must be very well informed to know wether Bungie has beef with MS or not.

Plus, they're releasing games for players to game not MS employees directly.

You must think I don't realize when that happens on the other side. I do. But we're not talking about that right now. We're talking about people beefing on a company's game for made up, stupid reasons and why people can get that way. Now untwist your panties and put your big boy pants back on.

I said "as far as I know" because I've heard that Bungie and Microsoft didn't exactly part on friendly terms. I've heard that several times. It's not about having some kind of insider information. It's about simply having that in the back of my head and adding to that the fact that fanboys will act like they are personally being attacked if a company shows that it might have an issue with another company. 

If you honestly believe that Titanfall and Halo will be better that's cool. You're allowed to have that opinion. However, when you seem to be doing so solely because of your fan colors and not because of any kind of objective reasoning it really does make you look insecure. Especially when you decided to derail a thread to do it.

Raven722 said:

You must think I don't realize when that happens on the other side. I do. But we're not talking about that right now. We're talking about people beefing on a company's game for made up, stupid reasons and why people can get that way. Now untwist your panties and put your big boy pants back on.

I said "as far as I know" because I've heard that Bungie and Microsoft didn't exactly part on friendly terms. I've heard that several times. It's not about having some kind of insider information. It's about simply having that in the back of my head and adding to that the fact that fanboys will act like they are personally being attacked if a company shows that it might have an issue with another company. 

If you honestly believe that Titanfall and Halo will be better that's cool. You're allowed to have that opinion. However, when you seem to be doing so solely because of your fan colors and not because of any kind of objective reasoning it really does make you look insecure. Especially when you decided to derail a thread to do it.

You seem like you have problem with my beliefs.

And to be insecure in this case is to think that Destiny will somehow negatively affect my gaming experience.

If you read my previous comments you'll learn that I don't usually buy competitive online FPSs; I ain't worried about it really.

I won't take a lesson from you about ethics, when you're basing your assumptions on anecdotal evidence.

Put your big boy pants on and dialog without impulsively refute others ideas.

Goatseye said:
Raven722 said:

You seem like you have problem with my beliefs.

And to be insecure in this case is to think that Destiny will somehow negatively affect my gaming experience.

If you read my previous comments you'll learn that I don't usually buy competitive online FPSs; I ain't worried about it really.

I won't take a lesson from you about ethics, when you're basing your assumptions on anecdotal evidence.

Put your big boy pants on and dialog without impulsively refute others ideas.

I don't have a problem with you believing that Titanfall or Halo will be better. I just don't much care for someone coming in and derailing a thread just to spout negativity about a game that seems to be more about their fan colors than any actual good reason.

As I said, you don't have to engage in those kind of games to have an interest in seeing something do much better because it would further promote some perceived superiority of your preferred platform.

I'm not interested in teaching you anything because it's quite clear you can't be taught.

i am probably the only person that thinks destiny looks better then titanfall

Around the Network
Raven722 said:

I don't have a problem with you believing that Titanfall or Halo will be better. I just don't much care for someone coming in and derailing a thread just to spout negativity about a game that seems to be more about their fan colors than any actual good reason.

As I said, you don't have to engage in those kind of games to have an interest in seeing something do much better because it would further promote some perceived superiority of your preferred platform.

I'm not interested in teaching you anything because it's quite clear you can't be taught.

I just stated my opinion and bunch of you started giving me a lot of attention, that somewhat deviated from the OP.

Hope Destiny is sucessful on PS4 and you have fun playing it.

animegaming said:

Nope, most of people that don't own a Xbox platforms think the same as you.

But to tell you the thruth, the gameplay at E3 hurted them a lot.

It was barebone boring.

Goatseye said:

If this message is for me you missed the target playa.

I don't buy competitive online FP Shooters but Halo for the story.

I'm just stating my unconformism towards Bungie for their snobbish attitude towards Xbox community.

I guess it was ok for people to act the same way or worse towards Insomniac.

Ahh, now I get why all the xbox fans are trying to downplay Destiny and trump up Titanfall.  They are butthurt that Bungie went multiplat while the ex Infinity Ward folks showed them some love by going exclusive (we will have to wait and see if it's just timed exclusive).

But really, we are talking about Infinity Ward, makers of COD vs. Bungie, makers of Halo.  Is there anyone that would pick COD over Halo?  Titanfall is sure to disappoint the people on here that expect it to be a system seller.

Goatseye said:
animegaming said:

Nope, most of people that don't own a Xbox platforms think the same as you.

But to tell you the thruth, the gameplay at E3 hurted them a lot.

It was barebone boring.

Of course it was barebone boring. It's not exclusive to XBox platforms.

As for how you call Bungie "snobbish", care to explain why you call them that? Because, as someone else pointed out, it seems you're pissed at them just because they're not exclusive to XBox anymore. A typical attitude of a certain kind of fans, actually. So please, explain yourself. Why such sour feelings towards them?

I expect a reasonable answer.

whatever said:

Ahh, now I get why all the xbox fans are trying to downplay Destiny and trump up Titanfall.  They are butthurt that Bungie went multiplat while the ex Infinity Ward folks showed them some love by going exclusive (we will have to wait and see if it's just timed exclusive).

But really, we are talking about Infinity Ward, makers of COD vs. Bungie, makers of Halo.  Is there anyone that would pick COD over Halo?  Titanfall is sure to disappoint the people on here that expect it to be a system seller.

You got it wrong Bob. Try again.