By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is no one complaining about paying for PSN?

DOH dont mind this post soz

Around the Network
Aldro said:

DOH dont mind this post soz

Too late. I am minding it.

Personally I think you're asking this question in the wrong place. There are casuals that are complaining about it. Just not the Hardcore PS fans because they've already been paying for PS+. I have no problem with Xbox Live because I refuse to pay $60 for it, I've only bought it for $35 whenever ebay has that deal. Which is like 5 times a year. If you're a kid who can't afford PS+ or Xbox Live it then ask for it during X-mas time or your B-day, It's no trouble at all for an adult.

brendude13 said:
d21lewis said:
Look, a lot of things have changed now. Just let it go.

-It was "You can't play sales", "I guess Justin Bieber is the best singer in the world, huh?". Now, with home consoles breaking records, sales are extremely important.

-Performance wasn't an issue before if the games were virtually identical. Now, if a game is less HD than another, it's crap .

-Mandatory installs and incredibly long updates were tolerable. Now, waiting 10 minutes for a game to install will kill you.

-It didn't matter which controller was best, as long as the controller was good enough for the games YOU wanted to play. Now, if you're playing with anything less than the best controller (as voted by most gaming sites, you're a loser.

-Paying an annual fee for online gaming was damn near criminal. How can any company hold half the game YOU PAID FOR hostage unless you paid an annual fee? Now, it's okay.

-Gay marriage was frowned up. Now, it's legal.

-Digital games "didn't count". Now, they're just as important as retail titles.

I hope you've learned something. These are different times and different rules will apply.

I preferred attaboy. Bring him back.

Attaboy liked to smell his own poop. I saw him do it once. Pulled a shitty tissue out of his pocket, smelled it, and smiled. Trust me, that guy had serious problems. You're better off with me.

Goatseye said:
Euphoria14 said:

I am sure that with MS deep pockets they can give you better than Gears of War 1. They could have always given better, but until recently they had zero reason to do so.

Just give it time. If PS4 sells better then Xbone and PSN+ proves to be a true success in the new generation, expect MS to start tossing tons of better value your way. Now with the new landscape and greater competition in that space we can all expect greater value.

Start stocking up on subs now.

Maybe MS doesn't wanna rent games or publishers and devs don't wanna give up their recent games for free.

Okay? So keeping more for less. Of course, like you say, publishers only want to give recent games to PSN+ and not XBLive.

I could care less. 

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Wright said:
lilwingman said:
Most of the people complaining about the cost of PSN/+ are not PS gamers...

I guess that most of the people complaining about paying for Xbox Live Gold weren't Xbox gamers either xD

Valid point. I said I wouldn't get Xbox live and I was not a customer. I would add that Sony gave me an option to play online for free or upgrade to their rental service later, while Microsoft wanted to charge me for the online experience first and see if I saw value in it later. Not something I was willing to do at the time. I still don't understand why internet applications are behind a paywall.

I also mention shooters because that's the impression that I got from it. It may be wrong, but its JRPG collection was lacking compared to the competition. so I chose Sony, though I could have gone Wii, but SDTV made me rethink it because I game on my computer monitor.

I don't consider myself a Sony Fanboy, and truely wish success for the WIIU & the Xbox One because competition really benefits the consumer. If Sony can no longer provide what I'm looking for, I would like to think I move to a competitor that does.

Euphoria14 said:

Okay? So keeping more for less.

I could care less.

I watch entire season of European soccer leagues on ESPN app. Saves me alot on cable subs.

Plus watch and  catch up on some Anime.

Euphoria14 said:
Goatseye said:
Euphoria14 said:

I am sure that with MS deep pockets they can give you better than Gears of War 1. They could have always given better, but until recently they had zero reason to do so.

Just give it time. If PS4 sells better then Xbone and PSN+ proves to be a true success in the new generation, expect MS to start tossing tons of better value your way. Now with the new landscape and greater competition in that space we can all expect greater value.

Start stocking up on subs now.

Maybe MS doesn't wanna rent games or publishers and devs don't wanna give up their recent games for free.

Okay? So keeping more for less. Of course, like you say, publishers only want to give recent games to PSN+ and not XBLive.

I could care less.

Maybe you not bitching enough for better value is the real issue?

lol a little hostility in those words. 

Well, back in the day a lot on here said they would never pay for online.

But credit where credits due, PSN has improved over the years.

3 or 4 years ago it wasn't worth paying for (and to be honest, if i want a game, i buy it day one or not long after release, so ps+'s free "we'll decide when you play this game or not" games don't man squat to me)

Now a day's take away the "free rented games" that i don't care about, and as a service, i still think Live is top dog, but the justification to pay for PSN is now just about valid.

Goatseye said:
Euphoria14 said:

Okay? So keeping more for less.

I could care less.

I watch entire season of European soccer leagues on ESPN app. Saves me alot on cable subs.

Plus watch and  catch up on some Anime.

If you find value then that is great. Doesn't make any of this a double standard though since it is an entirely different landscape than it was back in 2006-2012.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!