By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is no one complaining about paying for PSN?

LivingMetal said:

How?

They're selling their service in XBL.

Around the Network

I'd imagine a lot of early adopters were already PS Plus members.  Personally I already had PS+ through 2016.  While I am not happy that multiplayer is behind a paywall, it is difficult to get legitimately angry about it when I was already paying.

Because....."Free games". Lesser of the two evils though.

Goatseye said:
Blood_Tears said:
Goatseye said:
Well Netflix is free also right?

It's an app that Sony puts on their consoles at no charge for it but others like to scam money and put it behind a paywall.

That's not MS's fault they're not the owner.

I have a PC, I can stream it for free. XBL is a paying service, Netflix's fault.

Speaking of free games, shouldn't you be off playing the "free" games that MS gave you for being a "gold member"?   you know those AAA games A world of Keflings and Iron Brigade?   Now there's 60 dollars well spent.

Jega said:

was Playstation fans just upset that people were paying for live and not for PSN.

Hmm. So PS gamers should be upset over 7 years of free multiplayer because Xbox gamers have paid for multiplayer for 8 years? Your logic is undeniable..

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
LivingMetal said:

How?

Does Microsoft allow Netflix to be used as an app without a Gold subscription?

A few things for me.

Personally, I still don't like not being able to access parts of the game which I have paid for, but it's the rest of the picture that is so much better for PS+

You get plenty of free games, Resogun has essentially paid for half of my year of PS+ and more importantly, they don't stick things like Netflix etc behind a paywall. Finally, they don't put adverts on my homescreen when I am paying an extra subscription on top of paying for the console!

please delete the latter thread my mistake

Blood_Tears said:

Speaking of free games, shouldn't you be off playing the "free" games that MS gave you for being a "gold member"?   you know those AAA games A world of Keflings and Iron Brigade?   Now there's 60 dollars well spent.

Iron Brigade is a must for Arcade enthusiasts.

I put more hours in it than anything else for the past month.

Goatseye said:

Pretty sure Netflix being behind Gold isn't a Netflix policy.  I seem to recall some issue with getting the BBC iplayer to come to the 360 because laws didn't allow it to be behind a paywall.