By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Jason Rubin won’t buy a Nintendo Console for his Daughter, Despite Being rich

betacon said:
Wyrdness said:
Considering his role in THQ's downfall I don't think people should be to bothered on his choices in life.

What role, that had nothing to do with him.

He joined them just to sell them and their assets off and profit from it.

Around the Network

What I find interesting about this is that its further evidence that people seem to think there is some mandate that dictates one must or must not purchase a console after or before a certain threshold is reached. And that any decision in conflict with this supposed mandate is evidence of hate or fanboy-ism.

The guy doesn't want to buy a Wii U, his reasons are his own and that's all there is too it. I'm probably not going to buy a PS4, I say probably because for me there is nothing warranting its purchase at this time. Even when the lineup inevitably improves, past experience has shown me that I don't even have enough time to play all the games on a single console, let alone multiple consoles. Those are my reasons and yet I still feel comfortable calling myself a gamer, I"m just a gamer that doesn't have as much time to dedicate to my hobby as I used to.

Why we particularly care about this guys opinion though, is beyond me. His background notwithstanding, he is not more capable of making a choice about which consoles and games YOU should purchase than you. His opinion shouldn't be factor.

Oh my, one irrelevant person not buying a Wii U, OMG itz so doomed!!!

Look I do not blame Jason at all I would much rather buy a 3DS and then play my other nintendo games on either the PS4 or XBONE. That is right now though whose to say that Nintendos next console won't be ground breaking like the Wii.

He can buy or not buy whatever he chooses and his daughter was even born yet when he said that.

Despite the click-baiting title, that's not what the video was about. It was about Jason Rubin being disingenuous. The original question was what should Iwata or Nintendo do? He basically said they should quit making hardware and go third party, but he sugar coat it with a bunch of BS.
He seems to be over compensating for something, saying he “loves Nintendo games” and he is a “fan”. He said if Nintendo goes 3rd party, Nintendo can take his money. Seems like money and time is not an issue for him. His only reason not to buy a Nintendo console is, "I don't want a 3rd console", pretty weak reasoning.

Around the Network

Can't blame him, Nintendo clearly doesn't have the knack to provide games for the Wii U such as Knack. Therefore no buy.

I think the problem is not his views on nintendo or wiiu, its denying his daughter something she wants for reasons she would not understand. My parents bought me a nes when I was young and never played with it once, but they made me happy. He is in the videogame industry, he should put aside his views on nintendo and let her play their great family games or else he is a big kid playing ps4 and xbox one denying his daughter the fun he is himself having with his toys.

I think he's just being bitter about Nintendo not bailing out THQ. Poor man .

On a more serious note... Why on God's green Earth would one make a video like this and dump it on the internet? Should I do this too? Make a video about everything I don't want and bore the world with them? Sad really. Other than just to hate... why? Pathetic almost.

KBG29 said:
I just wait tell I find one second hand somewhere. I never buy Xbox or Nintendo products new, because I don't like the way they do business, but I love playing games.

Honest business?

KingdomHeartsFan said:

this guy is clearly just a blind Nintendo hater.

No, he isn't. That's like saying people who want universal health care hate America. Usually, those who are most passionate and vocal are those who care the most. I am in the same boat as this guy. I am 34, and thus, the ORIGINAL Nintendo gamer. Those consoles and games and characters and worlds, are MY childhood. They hold a special place in my heart and anyone else my age, probably feels the game way. And THAT'S why I am so pissed off about what Iwata did to this company. If I weren't so into them, why would I care? I wouldn't. I'd be like...pfft, fuck them...let them release Mario 30 and another cartoon Zelda that no one wants. I'd support what Iwata is doing because he's ruining everything that made them great imo and if you don't believe me, the sales are more than enough to prove that point correct.

I would be ok with them staying in hardware ONLY if they get it together and give us a modern SNES which would basically be a PS4 made by Nintendo. But if Iwata wants to continue dodging reality and ruining a once mighty company, than no, I'm NOT going to be ok with it and YES, I'm going to be vocal about it.

Being a fan means caring about whatever it is that you are a fan of and anyone who supports the concept of the Wii-U, is imo, not a fan.