By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does the back of the case for xbox one games doesn't tell you what the video output or resolution of the game? Is it 720p, 1080p or what?

FailureIsNotAnOption said:

Microsoft tell me why? You think they're hiding it? What's your thoughts? 

Isn't it obvious? With the 360 MS invented a new word 'Parity' and so was able to put 1080p (Parity which is 720p upscaled) on the boxes. Now that they've gone TRUE HD, that 'P' has to stand for Progressive Scan.  To save embarrassment of 720p V 1080p on the PS4, they've opted for not showing it at all. Even to this day, people belive that the 'P' on the Xbox 360 stands for the same as the 'P' on TVs, Laptops, Projectors, Cameras ... It doesn't. It was a clever move and one that's clearly been forgotten.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Not sure if bait thread or..........IDK

Playing along, Judging by all my 360 games saying 1080p, I'll take a guess and say the native resolutions were never mentioned on the backs to begin with. Unless every 360 game was native 1080p.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

I know, it's weird for us who care.

Like Wii U boxes in Japan shows the resolutions on the back cover, both native and output. But elsewhere in the world they don't say anything. Sounds almost like they want to keep it a secret from foreign outsider nations.

It's a conspiracy.

Yep.

Not for nothing but I got a headache reading the topic title.

selnor1983 said:
It aays on the xbox one box itself what resolutions the xbox one supports. Why would it need to duplicate that on game boxes. The customer who buys xbox one knows from day 1 what resolutions they can use.

Costumers know that xone (like ipad and other) can run many different resolutions.. Yes

But i bet a lot of them. would believe that a game like cod was made in 1080p to (made and not just upacaled)

Therefor it makes sense.. totally that MS are not advertising that.

Think about it.. if you go in to bye a phone.. and the cheapest (the cheapest is wiiu but now we only talk MS vs sonu) have the best output, and more detail in a app (game) that you like to play..

And again.. i'm not saying all.. just that some "casuals" who don't know wich to choose.. will offcourse consider that to.. ?

Around the Network
FromDK said:
selnor1983 said:
It aays on the xbox one box itself what resolutions the xbox one supports. Why would it need to duplicate that on game boxes. The customer who buys xbox one knows from day 1 what resolutions they can use.

Costumers know that xone (like ipad and other) can run many different resolutions.. Yes

But i bet a lot of them. would believe that a game like cod was made in 1080p to (made and not just upacaled)

Therefor it makes sense.. totally that MS are not advertising that.

Think about it.. if you go in to bye a phone.. and the cheapest (the cheapest is wiiu but now we only talk MS vs sonu) have the best output, and more detail in a app (game) that you like to play..

And again.. i'm not saying all.. just that some "casuals" who don't know wich to choose.. will offcourse consider that to.. ?

The back of no box not even ps4 shows its native resolution. It shows what it will support on HDTV's. It saying it on the PS4 box  has nothinng to do with its native resolution. It shows 1080p on ps4 box of Battlefield 4 even though its native 900p.

Theres nothing to hide because Native resolutions arent on the Game boxes.

PS3 didn't show it's native resolution. Only upscaled. Every Xbone, or PS4 would list 1080p.

IE FFXIII series lists 1080p, but it's only FMV's plus 720p upscaled, MGS4 is upscaled from 576p