By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Grown, in school, and you can't even comprehend. £450 for XBox One photo.

"Peter Clatworthy thought he had paid £450 for an XBox One console on eBay, but actually received a picture of one in the post.

The 19-year-old student, of Bilborough, had saved up in order to buy a limited edition Day One version of the console as a surprise Christmas present for his four-year-old son, McKenzie."

"Despite the listing stating it was a photo of an XBox One Day One edition console, Mr Clatworthy said he'd expected to receive the console as it was listed in the video games and consoles category on eBay."

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Warning-student-pays-pound-450-photo-Xbox/story-20263203-detail/story.html

Around the Network

He is 19, he has a four year old son, he is gifting his four year old a gaming console. I rest my case.

well at least he has some paper....

When you think my english is bad...sorry for my bad english,    i'm from Germany. And yeees, sorry, that we've almost destroyed the whole world, blahblahblah

Is he wearing a liverpool kit? It would explain a lot.

I'd ask for my money back. he didn't get a photo, he just got a crappy print job.

The description said a photo, and he did not get one.

Around the Network

The person who tricked him out of his money should feel bad.

What an immoral dick.

areason said:
He is 19, he has a four year old son, he is gifting his four year old a gaming console. I rest my case.

Well gifting a 4 year old a console isn't that bad as long as you don't buy that kid T or M rated games, but yes having a 4 year old at 19 is .... questionable life choice. 

Well the listing was accurate, that's just sad though, they could've at least gave him a high quality picture.

irstupid said:
I'd ask for my money back. he didn't get a photo, he just got a crappy print job.

The description said a photo, and he did not get one.

I would have said "piss poor ink jet print-out," but there is a 75 character limit

Wouldnt this be covered by the distance selling regulations?
As mentioned above, the 'photo' was not a photo.