By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft claims Xbox One sold out worldwide; Retailers beg to differ

TimCliveroller said:
What are you trying to achieve with this kind of threads? What are you trying to prove? Does this make you more secure?

Obviously it does.

There's a ton of'em. You should check Nintendo side of the doom threads.

Around the Network

Eh, I'm sure there are plenty of regions and stores that are sold out. It's part logistics and part marketing-speak. It's close enough to not really matter, though I don't really understand the point of a PR person saying that when it will keep people from checking and possibly stumbling over one that was in-stock.

On a more important note, anyone else really hate that image of the hovering XO with the Kinect levitating above it and the controller seemingly hooked to it like a baby possum? It bothers me somehow. I don't understand why it's supposed to be floating.

1. Does that picture even show an Xbox One?

2. Just because a couple retailers still have them in stock doesn't mean that they lied about it being sold out in places all around the world. I live in Chicago and I know for a fact that the only way to get one is the internet when it pops up.

I'll go buy that returned one then. It's only 5,886.8 km. There's nothing anywhere around here.

daredevil.shark said:

Microsoft claims Xbox One sold out worldwide; Retailers beg to differ

6:18 PM, Dec 4, 2013   |    0  comments
Gamers line up indoors in anticipation of the midnight release of Microsoft's Xbox One home entertainment system.

Recently, Sony (maker of the PlayStation 4 video game console) announced that more than 2.1 million PS4 units have sold worldwide.

In response, Microsoft's Xbox VP Yusuf Mehdi told website Ars Technica that their Xbox One is "sold out at retailers around the world."

A quick over-the-phone check at a six randomly-selected retailers found that isn't quite the case.

"We have a Day One edition in stock," said Megan, who works at the Arden Way Toys-R-Us location in Sacramento.  "Actually, I just looked in our back room and we have two."

A quick phone call to GameStop yeilded a similar result.

"We have one in stock," said employee Joseph Justice of the Truxel Road location.  "It was just returned."

Likewise when contacting a Target store in Folsom, California.  While a store employee said he sold his store's last Xbox One earlier in the day, he was able to confirm that no fewer than two other Northern California Target locations had them in stock with the El Dorado Hills store showing eight units in stock and the store in Lincoln, California, with ten.

Only one retailer, Sears, was able to confirm being sold out.  Online retailers such as Rakuten.com (formerly Buy.com), for example, also show as being sold out of the console.

Smaller retailer, however, report having simply never received any shipments.

"We're a small business so we haven't been able to order any," stated Paul, an employee at a Sacramento-area Game N Trade.

Dimple Records, another small business that deals in new and used music and video game also confirms not receiving any as of yet.

"We might get some by the holidays and we might get some next year," a store employee said over the telephone.

Stock checks for PlayStation 4 came up empty every time.

Shortly after its launch November 22, Microsoft announced that more than 1 million Xbox One units were sold within the console's first 24 hours.  Since that date, however, no information from the company has been provided to update that number.

Microsoft's Xbox One retails for $499, which is $100 more than PlayStation 4 and $200 more than Nintendo's Wii U.

News10/KXTV

Source: http://www.news10.net/entertainment/gameguys/article/264786/243/Microsoft-claims-Xbox-One-sold-out-worldwide-Retailers-beg-to-differ

Wow, i never thought one of these stories would ever come to my hometown, but now that it has i can finally officially call bs.

i live in folsom, ca and that target had no product in the shelf on bf, i spoke to the clerk, and they were sold out.  The eldorado hills target has no xbones in stock either, and i visited the toys r us at arden fair mall on bf and they were sold out too. 

it certainley is possible that since then they have restocked and now have product available but it is sad to see what gets passed off as reporting these days.

Around the Network
scat398 said:
daredevil.shark said:

Microsoft claims Xbox One sold out worldwide; Retailers beg to differ

6:18 PM, Dec 4, 2013   |    0  comments
Gamers line up indoors in anticipation of the midnight release of Microsoft's Xbox One home entertainment system.

Recently, Sony (maker of the PlayStation 4 video game console) announced that more than 2.1 million PS4 units have sold worldwide.

In response, Microsoft's Xbox VP Yusuf Mehdi told website Ars Technica that their Xbox One is "sold out at retailers around the world."

A quick over-the-phone check at a six randomly-selected retailers found that isn't quite the case.

"We have a Day One edition in stock," said Megan, who works at the Arden Way Toys-R-Us location in Sacramento.  "Actually, I just looked in our back room and we have two."

A quick phone call to GameStop yeilded a similar result.

"We have one in stock," said employee Joseph Justice of the Truxel Road location.  "It was just returned."

Likewise when contacting a Target store in Folsom, California.  While a store employee said he sold his store's last Xbox One earlier in the day, he was able to confirm that no fewer than two other Northern California Target locations had them in stock with the El Dorado Hills store showing eight units in stock and the store in Lincoln, California, with ten.

Only one retailer, Sears, was able to confirm being sold out.  Online retailers such as Rakuten.com (formerly Buy.com), for example, also show as being sold out of the console.

Smaller retailer, however, report having simply never received any shipments.

"We're a small business so we haven't been able to order any," stated Paul, an employee at a Sacramento-area Game N Trade.

Dimple Records, another small business that deals in new and used music and video game also confirms not receiving any as of yet.

"We might get some by the holidays and we might get some next year," a store employee said over the telephone.

Stock checks for PlayStation 4 came up empty every time.

Shortly after its launch November 22, Microsoft announced that more than 1 million Xbox One units were sold within the console's first 24 hours.  Since that date, however, no information from the company has been provided to update that number.

Microsoft's Xbox One retails for $499, which is $100 more than PlayStation 4 and $200 more than Nintendo's Wii U.

News10/KXTV

Source: http://www.news10.net/entertainment/gameguys/article/264786/243/Microsoft-claims-Xbox-One-sold-out-worldwide-Retailers-beg-to-differ

Wow, i never thought one of these stories would ever come to my hometown, but now that it has i can finally officially call bs.

i live in folsom, ca and that target had no product in the shelf on bf, i spoke to the clerk, and they were sold out.  The eldorado hills target has no xbones in stock either, and i visited the toys r us at arden fair mall on bf and they were sold out too. 

it certainley is possible that since then they have restocked and now have product available but it is sad to see what gets passed off as reporting these days.

You should give some more love to the internet.

Ex Graphics Whore.

roborad said:
theleaguegame said:
its not as sold out as the ps4 but ps4 i dont think as much were made..

but lets me real Microsoft has been lying befour the console was out and they still are after about a few things its what they do.. its what all the companies do.

tell me, how on earth is ms lying when they say that xbox one units are "sold out at retailers around the world?"  

Do they say that xbox one units are sold out at all retailers?  No, they don't.  People who are getting upset over ms's statement just have poor comprehension skills. 

edit:  and that ps4 watchdogs thing- ubisoft was at fault on that one.  they confirmed that a while ago.  

This is getting really annoyingly defensive and dishonestly twisting... Why on earth would you think MS said "sold out at retailers around the world?" unless they want to give an impression that "It is very hard to find Xbox Ones out there, because all or possibly virtually all stores are out of their stock as they all sell almost everything they got"... THIS IS THE IMPRESSION THEY ARE TRYING TO CREATE.

Whether or not the technicality or loop holes or semantics exactly mean that is IRRELEVANT. The reason they are uttering those words, is because they want to look on parity with PS4, creating an image that XB1 is in as much demand as PS4, which it is not.

Call it whatever you want; pick any one below,

- flat out lying

- deceiving

- cheating

- misleading

- manipulation of the media

whatever!!! This is exactly what MS has been trying to do ever since the beginning of the Next-Gen Race. Luckily, Microsoft, having the worst possible bureacracy and execution on Earth, has an enoourmous capability to screw things up. Public relations and communication through media are no exceptions. Luckily for us, who have "clear enough vision", everything is day and night now.

Microsoft, I will be celebrating the day you are no more! Seriously, the world will be a much better place without you.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Send those to stores in Maryland.
And Amazon by the way, they restocked 2ice in 24h to completely sell out.

freedquaker said:

This is getting really annoyingly defensive and dishonestly twisting... Why on earth would you think MS said "sold out at retailers around the world?" unless they want to give an impression that "It is very hard to find Xbox Ones out there, because all or possibly virtually all stores are out of their stock as they all sell almost everything they got"... THIS IS THE IMPRESSION THEY ARE TRYING TO CREATE.

Whether or not the technicality or loop holes or semantics exactly mean that is IRRELEVANT. The reason they are uttering those words, is because they want to look on parity with PS4, creating an image that XB1 is in as much demand as PS4, which it is not.

Call it whatever you want; pick any one below,

- flat out lying

- deceiving

- cheating

- misleading

- manipulation of the media

whatever!!! This is exactly what MS has been trying to do ever since the beginning of the Next-Gen Race. Luckily, Microsoft, having the worst possibly bureacracy on Earth, has an enoourmous capability to screw things up. Public relations and communication through media are no exceptions. Luckily for us, who have "clear enough vision", everything is day and night now.

Microsoft, I will be celebrating the day you are no more! Seriously, the world will be a much better place without you.

Camomile tea buddy, it'll do wonders. Or Bob Marley tea.

Goatseye said:
Send those to stores in Maryland.
And Amazon by the way, they restocked 2ice in 24h to completely sell out.

I personally visited several Best Buys around MA for a Black Friday deal, and not one of them had any PS4 units, but each and every one of them had XB1 units, installed and demoed, particularly with Forza 5. I curiously asked one of the staff members whether or not they went exclusively with XB1, and he simply told me that they are completely out of PS4.

Check it out for yourself, anywhere between Boston- Worcester - Springfield - Hartford - Enfield - Bridgeport Region....

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates