Forums - Sony Discussion - Predict PS4's LTD on March 31st

What do you think?

4 million 23 9.06%

5 million 49 19.29%

6 million 79 31.10%

7 million 92 36.22%

Other (Post your prediction) 9 3.54%

Total:252

Sony's predicting 5 million, so what do you think? I'm expecting Sony's prediction to be correct, but some people obviously won't agree with me.

Around the Network

5.6M

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

5.5 million. It's a tough guess though. Supply and Demand can be a funny thing, especially after Christmas time.

Are we talking shipped or sold through?
Either way I picked 6 million (my guess would be ~6 million shipped and ~5.5 million sold through)

It's painfully obvious that Sony gave an intentionally low estimate when they predicted 3 million in the calendar year. They're already less than a million away with all of December still to come. On the other hand 2 million is a relatively large amount to ship in the January-March quarter. Personally I think they'll ship about 4 million this quarter and just south of 2 million in the next so I'll say total shipments will be about 5.8 million at the end of the fiscal year.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Around the Network

I'll take Sony's 5 Million. They'll probably sell through all that stock so it's just a case of they can only produce ~5 Million by March '14.

6.5 million

6mil

Click HERE and be happy 

If Sony intends to ship 1 million units a month, 5 million is a minimum. I believe 5.5 mil is a possibility, and 6 mil is the maximum.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

I'll go with 4-5 Million.