By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: PS3 will not outsell 360 in Americas

What the Sony fans are forgetting to take into account is the friend factor. People want to play with their friends. With an almost 8m lead odds are heavy that more of your friends own X360 than PS3. So if you want to play with/against them in your favorite games, then you need a 360 too.
While some games will help give the PS3 a boost here or there, in the long run I predict 360 will continue to outpace PS3 throughout this entire generation in NA.

Around the Network

yeah, that's another point that i keep forgetting to bring up...many people are buying 360 because of the 'critical mass' factor...if they wanna play online with friends, they will have to get a 360 and then the 360 version of the game...

my friend's brother has all 3 consoles and he bought gh3 for wii because most of his friends have wiis and thus he can play them online only if he got the wii version...he has rockband for 360 because those who have rockband have 360

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

I personaly can see the Ps3 starting to outsell the 360 weekly but not by that much by the christmas season, before then I think it will just be a week here and there during big releases. The only way the Ps3 will sell more lifetime units in NA than the 360 is for the 360 to flat out quit selling. If the Ps3 does stay around for 10 years and continues to have support and the 360 is dead after 5-6 years it may be possible, but that's a lot of contributing factors that have to happen.

10 million is not critical mass. It will begin to outsell the Xbox360 in the US weekly by August. Videogames in general are more popular, so many people are just going to end this generation with multiple consoles.

Yet, as of now we can't say that the Xbox360 is selling better than the original Xbox, since Halo 3 is what put it over the edge. But there still is no evidence that old PS2 buyers are buying 360's. In fact, it seems more likely that Halo fans are buying 360's, but mainstream still thinks the price is too high. That still leaves America up for grabs, and with the PS3 being the more attractive console when prices finally do come down to mainstream level, the 360 will just be the Halo console as it was last generation.

The 360 just doesn't have anything over the PS3, especially if the in game XMB rumors are true for next week. It can't make bigger better games, because the PS3 is more powerful.

The 360 has 2 tricks left. One is dropping price, and one is new AAA titles, yet no new title for the 360 will do much to move consoles against current AAA titles coming to the PS3.

I believe we might be seeing the 360 go critical mass and actually pull away from the PS3 this year. I dont think alot of people understand that 360 is also still to expensive for many people. The games are there the price isnt. Also people mention PS3s lineup without mentioning 360s is a joke

Around the Network
WiiStation360 said:
By the end of the year, regional console leaders will be:

Americas:
1. Wii,
2. XBox360
3. PS3

Japan:
1. Wii
2. PS3
3.XBox360

Other:
1. Wii
2. PS3
3. XBox360

It will stay in that order until the end of this generation. The PS3 will not catch XBox360 in the Americas.

My 360 fanboy side says "There's still has a chance in Others to stay in 2nd!!!"

Then my other more realitic side slaps the fanboy side...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

360 will always be ahead of ps3 in america the thing is can it stay ahead of it WW

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

lol. no offence to the poster but its so amuzing to see these types of threads.... before it was. - oh well the PS3 sux b**ls, then it was - the PS3 will never start outselling the 360! now - OH WELL S*** it needs to sell 300K each week more than 360 to catch up!!!

I would be really surprised if the PS3 will not outsell the 360 christmas 2008 for North America. IMO very unlikely.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

gebx said:

My 360 fanboy side says "There's still has a chance in Others to stay in 2nd!!!"

Then my other more realitic side slaps the fanboy side...

remember, house plays psp!