By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games look better on Xbox One compared to PS4?

Panicnausia said:
cmay227 said:
I have both and bf4 is not a noticeable difference unless you pause and look around closely. ac3 same thing. fifa looks better on x1, ghosts about the same. you have to pause and look for the difference, x1 seems to have more textures on objects. The differences are not enough to say one is better than the other. sure the ps4 is sharper, but only if your playing side by side pausing and staring trying to find differences. and the sniping comment is just retarded, i have more issues sniping on my ps4 then x1 cause of the ds4. thumb sticks are still too damn close. Overall if pixel counting is what your after in a new entertainment system get a ps4, if you don't care about pausing a game and trying to find faults and just play, IMO x1 is the better choice right now. xbox live is still far better then psn at this time. and for anybody who swears by ps4's remote play, dont say a word about resolution on either console.If that feature matters then resolution doesn't matter. playing a game (streaming) on a god forbid 4',5' 7' or 10' screen is horrid. and playing on anything bigger and the pic looks like crap. The lag suck too on a 70mb down 25mb up connection. I'm not a ps4 hater by any means just my experiences so far. Their both good systems, just the whole resolution debate is a non factor. we have a game coming next year for both systems and currently have both running at 1080p and around a steady 48fps right now and we still have about 7 to 8 mts till launch. maybe sooner.

Total BS, I doubt you even have a PS4..add me on psn.

Saying Resolution makes ni difference is pure ignorance..And no x1 does not have morre textures nor does fifa on x1 look better. Digital foundry and every other review, analysis is contrary to what you posted.

NEar double the res is a massive diff in IQ and aliasing. play a PC game and turn up the resolution from 720P to 1080p, it's a huge jump.

I work with both these systems everyday, 10+ hours most days, Go make a game yourself and then come back and talk. I'm using My eyes in My office to state my opinion. I see my comments Got you butt-hurt where you had to attack in a aggressive manner. SAD.... Stop going by other peoples opinions and do the comparisons yourself, in your own home. I wouldn't add no one from this site to my psn or xbox live accounts, are you kidding me! Too much bias bull everywhere here. No where in my comment did i say resolution makes no difference. re-read it.Don't twist my words kid. The lack of textures is their, whether you want to believe it or not. Resolution can be lower and yet still have a better picture then a higher resolution. Depend on a lot of things. If you made games you would know this. Super Mario bros. and zelda are 2 of the best games I've played. Galaga as well, yet they didn't have 1080p 60fps. Candy crush is not lighting up the resolution discussion but its making millions. The last of us looked great but cant sell 4 million with 80 million entertainment systems out there. Why not? If it was all about the Graphics everyone would play on PC's. The people who Buy and make the industry thrive are not the people who nit-pick the resolution of games, You are in the minority. and games are not catered to your kind. The graphic differences are their Just not mind blowing of 50% stature. Average joe consumer will have no clue. So I'm assuming in your mind frame a car that has 800hp can go twice as fast as a car that has 400hp? Sorry it doesn't work that way. Same applies here, theirs other factors at work. Console games are optimized for each prospective console, PC games are not. not a good comparison. Try again. These are not PC's stop comparing or using PC analogy's.

Around the Network
cmay227 said:

I work with both these systems everyday, 10+ hours most days, Go make a game yourself and then come back and talk. I'm using My eyes in My office to state my opinion. I see my comments Got you butt-hurt where you had to attack in a aggressive manner. SAD.... Stop going by other peoples opinions and do the comparisons yourself, in your own home. I wouldn't add no one from this site to my psn or xbox live accounts, are you kidding me! Too much bias bull everywhere here. No where in my comment did i say resolution makes no difference. re-read it.Don't twist my words kid. The lack of textures is their, whether you want to believe it or not. Resolution can be lower and yet still have a better picture then a higher resolution. Depend on a lot of things. If you made games you would know this. Super Mario bros. and zelda are 2 of the best games I've played. Galaga as well, yet they didn't have 1080p 60fps. Candy crush is not lighting up the resolution discussion but its making millions. The last of us looked great but cant sell 4 million with 80 million entertainment systems out there. Why not? If it was all about the Graphics everyone would play on PC's. The people who Buy and make the industry thrive are not the people who nit-pick the resolution of games, You are in the minority. and games are not catered to your kind. The graphic differences are their Just not mind blowing of 50% stature. Average joe consumer will have no clue. So I'm assuming in your mind frame a car that has 800hp can go twice as fast as a car that has 400hp? Sorry it doesn't work that way. Same applies here, theirs other factors at work. Console games are optimized for each prospective console, PC games are not. not a good comparison. Try again. These are not PC's stop comparing or using PC analogy's.

True Story

cmeese47 said:
Here is some advice to anyone who cannot see the difference between 720 and 1080 go get your eyes checked now.

To all the XBONE fans claiming that resolution does not matter or it is not noticeable stop you come across sounding stupid.

Here is the facts a significant portion of multiplats look better on PS4 that is a fact. None look better on XBONE also a fact. But none of that matters that much if you chose to buy an XBONE or a PS4 the question is are you having fun playing the game. If the answer is yes, then shut the fuck up step away from the keyboard and pick up a controller.

If you do not have either system then you should have not been in this thread to begin so shame on you.

PS to all those that cannot tell the difference on their tv, well if your brand is westinghouse, seiki, slyvania, insignia, emerson, cielo sceptre dynex affinity and virtually most tvs not Sony, Samsung, or Toshiba. Your tv sucks and that is why you cannot tell the difference.

thing is, its not 1080p vs 720p. its 1080p vs 1080i. people forget about the upscalling factor, it closes the gap

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

My friends with bad eye sight keep telling me they don't notice a different between 1080p and 720p. I try to not be a dick about it and point out the obvious but it gets annoying some time when they speak in absolutes.

I sit less than 3 feet from a 25 inch monitor. The difference between 1080 and 720 is clear as day to me.

4 ≈ One

kirby007 said:

BULLSHIT

It is true... less pixel = hard to aim at far objects... for near and mid range weapons it is not a issue but for long range weapon like Snipe that's make all the difference.

Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:
Xbox One games have better color and smoother game play. PS4 games have better resolution. by next year both systems will look identicle

All games listed PS4 have smoother gameplay... I don't understand your point... in BF4 Xbone have a lot of framerate drops.

padib said:
Shinobi-san said:

They are talking about a hypothetical experience which neither of them have done. I have actually done it.

Also this isnt about opinion really...going from 720p to 1080p is a pretty big difference in image quality. And it is perceivable to the human eye.

Whether or not it bothers someone is where the opinion comes in.

Edit: I just realised you are happydolphin. Please dont quote me again. I have no interest in having a discussion with you after our last encounter.

I'm going to ask you to never talk to me like that again.

Pew Pew shots fired!!!!

Are we talking about exclusive games or multiplatform games ? If it is exclusive then the Xbox One wins. Just see Ryse and Quantum Break for proof. If it is multiplatform games then PS4 wins just because it have higher resolution and better FPS than Xbox One

Too_Talls said:
cmeese47 said:
Here is some advice to anyone who cannot see the difference between 720 and 1080 go get your eyes checked now.

To all the XBONE fans claiming that resolution does not matter or it is not noticeable stop you come across sounding stupid.

Here is the facts a significant portion of multiplats look better on PS4 that is a fact. None look better on XBONE also a fact. But none of that matters that much if you chose to buy an XBONE or a PS4 the question is are you having fun playing the game. If the answer is yes, then shut the fuck up step away from the keyboard and pick up a controller.

If you do not have either system then you should have not been in this thread to begin so shame on you.

PS to all those that cannot tell the difference on their tv, well if your brand is westinghouse, seiki, slyvania, insignia, emerson, cielo sceptre dynex affinity and virtually most tvs not Sony, Samsung, or Toshiba. Your tv sucks and that is why you cannot tell the difference.

thing is, its not 1080p vs 720p. its 1080p vs 1080i. people forget about the upscalling factor, it closes the gap

I'm glad my TV only shows 1080i max, so this resolution thing will not be an issue for me no matter which system I'll choose...

The difference is almost too small for the human eye to recognize between just those games but the sharpness and contrast is better on PS4. However I feel the exclusives will look far better on PS4 than Xbox 1 being of course 50% more powerful.