By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games look better on Xbox One compared to PS4?

"Yes I agree that the differece is minor they both look almost similar. But in my personal opinion they look just slightly sharper on the Xbox One. Which surprises me because I often hear about how much more PS4 is powerful than the Xbox."

I can match that on the PS4 by turning to contrast too high ... but I don't want the contrast too high. I prefer a better picture.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
pezus said:
Vasto said:
Panicnausia said:
ethomaz said:

Vasto said:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/29/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-review

The PS4 and Xbox One versions are nearly identical, and both deliver the same gorgeous adventure.

Now ask to IGN make the comparision using the 1080p patch please.

This comparision show both games in the same resolution.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-ps4-ac4-patch-analysed-in-depth

Eurogamer has, big improvement, so again ps4 version wins.

I dont feel like reading the whole thing but can you paste the part that says how much better the PS4 version looks over the Xbox One version?

"44 per cent more resolution - with no performance penalty." - this is pre patch vs. post patch

They haven't compared the other versions yet.

But here's BF4:

"In all, it's our first chance to see Battlefield 4's multiplayer mode in action on Xbox One, and to witness either version of the game running on final retail hardware. On the visual side, HBAO is indeed added to the Xbox One version, as promised by DICE following its omission in the Stockholm build. However, the divide in internal resolution - which remains at 900p on PS4 compared to the straight 720p on Xbox One - is the big sticking point, even with the removal of the Xbox version's sharpening filter which amplified the aliasing. Put simply, the assets and effects are identical for each next-gen platform, but the added pixel definition on PS4 spares it from the distracting edge-crawl on thin objects that proves to be an issue on the Microsoft side."

"The PS4's strong performance lead is the real clincher though; a wide 10fps margin flaring up for most of our campaign mode tests. The comedown hits, however, once you realise that neither platform can pull off a straight 60fps during the larger Conquest multiplayer maps, where most of the fun is to be had. Regardless, a clear-as-day recommendation still goes to the PS4 version"

I know the PS4 has the best version on a technical level but even with that said when put both side by side would it be a clear difference thats easy to see or would some still say it looks nearly identical?

Having it identical but with the PS4 versions having higher resolution and better FPS means Xb1 doesn't look better at all.

kirby007 said:
fatslob-:O said:
kirby007 said:
All of those games look worse on the X1 and there's no getting past around that. Early on this generation 1080p should be a standard for console gaming and the X1 fell short of it as well as the WII U. As a PC gamer I'm not impressed by either of the consoles especially by the fact that the most powerful console so far couldn't run BF4 in 1080p.

chef read before you post, fifa being identical doesn't count ?....

What about FIFA 14 ? I realize that some games achieve parity but overall the X1 will be cursed with a lower resolution because of it's ROPS and bandwidth limitation. 

How about a bet that Titanfall will be 720p on X1, eh ?

If it will it will still look damn impressive

Have you seen TitanFall? It looks anything but graphically impressive.

Figgycal said:
kirby007 said:
kirby007 said:
All of those games look worse on the X1 and there's no getting past around that. Early on this generation 1080p should be a standard for console gaming and the X1 fell short of it as well as the WII U. As a PC gamer I'm not impressed by either of the consoles especially by the fact that the most powerful console so far couldn't run BF4 in 1080p.

chef read before you post, fifa being identical doesn't count ?....

What about FIFA 14 ? I realize that some games achieve parity but overall the X1 will be cursed with a lower resolution because of it's ROPS and bandwidth limitation. 

How about a bet that Titanfall will be 720p on X1, eh ?

If it will it will still look damn impressive

Have you seen TitanFall? It looks anything but graphically impressive.

now your just trolling

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Since civilized discussion seems out of the question in this thread, let's shut it down!

Signature goes here!

d21lewis said:
Probably just different settings like how my PS3 is darker than my 360 by default. I wouldn't say either looks better or worse. Just slightly different. If I were playing PS4, left the room, and came back to find the Xbox One version of any game, I wouldn't know the difference.

I'd notice it straight away.