By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario 3D World = best game I've played since Xenoblade in 2011

Tagged games:

Finally played it for myself, and wow. Just wow. 

I haven't enjoyed a game this much in years.

Bioshock Infinite, Pikmin 3, Skyward Sword, and The Last Story were all excellent games, but this is the kind of game that only rocks up a handful of times in a generation.

Like the Mario Galaxy games, it effortlessly recaptures the childhood joy of play. It feels like being five years old again, climbing trees and playground equipment, playing tag in the schoolyard, jumping between chairs because the floor was lava. I couldn't help but smile as I dashed and jumped through its vibrant, gorgeous worlds, discovering a new delightfully clever idea or twist around every corner.

Despite it being part of such a long running series, never once did I feel like I'd "been there done that". Everything felt shiny and new, like each level was a christmas present waiting to be unwrapped.

Crow has never, ever tasted this good.

Around the Network

Oh look, a Nintendo fan enjoying a Mario game, rare!

Daisuke72 said:

You think you are funny? Because you aren't

OT: Like many people here this game has really peaked my interest since the ND trailers. I'll probably pick it up early next year.

Nintendo and PC gamer

So when are you going to play Dark Souls?

curl-6 said:

never once did I feel like I'd "been there done that"

So what your saying is... you never jumped in a Mario game before? jk jk

Yea its an epic game and the secrets are soo damn awesome... specially after u beat the game and go to that "galaxy" stage thing...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Daisuke72 said:

Fail lol, he was one of the people who couldn't stand the game when it first was revealed at E3! Not every nintendo fan  enjoys mario, but hey Reviewers agree its the best Next Gen game

tbone51 said:
Daisuke72 said:

Fail lol, he was one of the people who couldn't stand the game when it first was revealed at E3! Not every nintendo fan  enjoys mario, but hey Reviewers agree its the best Next Gen game

For reference, curl-6 was the creator of this thread. Quite a reversal of opinion.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game, curl. XD

Well Im getting it at Christmas so hopefully I enjoy it as much as you. It will be a lot harder to impress me though as the only great Mario game I have played was 64 (SMB,2,3,DS,Wii,U, Galaxy 1 & 2 were alright but not special to me)

Daisuke72 said:

I'm guessing you have not looked at curl-6 posts after the E3 3D World trailer.

the_dengle said:
tbone51 said:
Daisuke72 said:

For reference, curl-6 was the creator of this thread. Quite a reversal of opinion.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game, curl. XD

God, I cringe reading that now. XD

I was so woefully, ridiculously wrong. (Though I maintain that at the time the footage did seem to back up my mistaken views)