By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WiiU did what Wii never could!!!

kowenicki said:
Licence said:
I thought the Wii had > 50% share sometime in 2008?

It never happened.

....and when it became obvious it wouldnt people suddenly got annoyed with me doing the old Wii v HD twins gap charts...

LOL, people can become annoyed about the silliest of things.

Around the Network

Dat domination...just look at those big blue bars...

kowenicki said:
Licence said:
I thought the Wii had > 50% share sometime in 2008?

It never happened.

....and when it became obvious it wouldnt people suddenly got annoyed with me doing the old Wii v HD twins gap charts...

LOL, you're too benevolent, they were pissed-off as wasps at the very HD twins concept, they hated it more than the most hated Dragonball villains!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

PandaGames said:
Seece said:
FrancisNobleman said:

[...]

I think your numbers are to high for every console. 

More like: 800k ps4, 500k one, and 200k Wii U

Don't forget kids also want iPads this time.

Europe launch + Black friday for PS4.

Kids have wanted iPads for the last 3 years.

I don't get these kids, why would you like an iPad o.O

Because they have horrible parents that teach them that image is everything (or that almost ignore them and abandon them to themselves, easy prey of the worst influences), so they stop too early enjoying their childhood, they stop playing just for playing sake and they become fashion-slave little douchebags.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Seece said:

50%+ marketshare!!!

I specifically remember the Wii having total sales higher than PS3 and 360 combined.

EDIT: Oh it was 49%. That actually makes the thread funny :)

EDIT2: It's a bane of physicists that we look at numbers quickly and just round them out for convenience and an overall picture.

Around the Network

Actually the XBox 360 and the Wii U being the first console system released in their generation (7th and 8th) temporarily held 100% market share because they had no competition for 11 to 12 months.

49% Is close enough and since Ninty could careless what a bunch of posters say...in their eyes they did achieve market domination with DS and Wii. Now with WiiU and 3DS should also do the same.

FrancisNobleman said:
daredevil.shark said:
lol. Nice one. BTW I am going to comment in this post after ps4 surpasses wii u. :p :p

Can you give me the link for that game in your sig ?

Looks amazing

Its The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Are you looking the sig link? Or game trailer link?

PS4 has surpassed wii u in uk in terms of life time sales. Now I am waiting ps4 to surpass wii u's worldwide life time sales. Cant wait.

phenom08 said:
49% Is close enough and since Ninty could careless what a bunch of posters say...in their eyes they did achieve market domination with DS and Wii. Now with WiiU and 3DS should also do the same.

That seems very likely at this point.

Nintendomination!