By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Critically panned games that you love?

Vikki said:
Attoyou said:
ishiki said:

The 3rd Birthday at 71 meta.

Alpha Protocol at 72 meta.

Resident Evil 6 meta 67 meta (The single player campaign deserved to be panned. But the multiplayer alone was worth the purchase for me on PC and I've played it longer than most games).

Still, I see why all of those games got semi-panned, they all have flaws. But they all have really unique qualities to them that I love.

Every game I've played that was around 50 meta has been absolutely terrible. Those are the 3 worst scored games I can think of that I actually loved. 

Have just started playing through this. Really enjoying it even if it looks and feels more like a psp game lol.

Its got more character than a lot of AAA games from the last couple of years.

I actually got that game for free a year or so ago. Might track down the site and give it an install!

Very much worth the time. Looks like shit but its got one of the better dialogue systems and the story is getting more and more interesting. 

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Maxxy said:
Sonic '06. Why?

NOSTALGIA SUCKS. THAT'S WHY.

I'm a big Sonic fan, but I can't really judge Sonic '06 because I never finished it. I got hit by a glitch that kept me from progressing any further into the game, and I didn't feel like starting over again. 

Sadly, that's what 90% of everyone I've ever heard talking about it say xD

]

Nobody go with ET yet? Darn ....

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Loved Wing Commander III - played that and finished it about 20 times, and if I had a PSone now I would do it again as I loved it.

Some that didnt get panned, but poor scores and I loved.

Beyond Two Souls, Binary Domain, Tekken Hybrid

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway

I thoroughly enjoyed Ghostbusters on the 360 despite its generally mediocre reviews and its misgivings.

Also alot of SNES games fall into this category for me, mainly licensed ones such as Krusty's Super Fun House, The Ren & Stimpy games, Hook, Home Alone 2, and so on.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

Some Shrek game for the PSP, and Sonic Lost World. And Spongebob Squarepants: Curse of the Flying Dutchman for the GBA.. Loved that game.

Stranglehold, Dante's Inferno, The Saboteur, Twisted Metal, Yakuza 3/4, Army of Two the 40th Day, and White Knight Chronicles 2.

Temple of Elemental Evil wasn't considered anything special compared to other AD&D titles like Torment, Baldur or Neverwinter, but I liked it, it had very hard battles that forced to carefully devise tactics, party members positions, weapons and spells choice, exploiting the dungeons to attack fewer enemies at a time, etc.

Throne of Darkness was easily overlooked and most people chose Diablo II instead, of which it uses the engine, but after having replayed the first Diablo many times I had no doubt, I had enough of its world and I gladly chose ToD. At first I had some difficulty with ranged attacks, but after I learned how to do them also without having to aim at a specific foe (it wasn't explained particularly well in the manual) every problem was over, I was able to do barrage shooting against large waves of enemies when my party was still weak and I was able to progress in the game. The Sengoku period Japanese settings, characters, enemies, mythology, weapons and other stuff were refreshing compared to the usual Middle Age, Fantasy or Post-Nuclear Western ones and it had the gameplay features of Diablo II without its clichés.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

DBZ Legacy of Goku 2 and Buu's Fury on the GBA.
loved those games. they put together the best sagas in the DBZ anime into 2 kickass RPGs

Kirby air ride

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE