By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Critically panned games that you love?

WagnerPaiva said:

The FIGHT: Lights out, played so much, loved every minute of it, but everybody hate this game

I don't think I've ever heard of that game o.O

bananaking21 said:
i cant think of any. the games i can only think of have rating of 68 and 69 (ohh yeahh!!!). which are the ice age game on PS2 and Evil dead regeneration on PS2 as well. i finished both games. and i liked them both a lot as well.

I actually liked all three Evil Dead games, even the really bad one on the PS1!

]

Around the Network
ishiki said:

The 3rd Birthday at 71 meta.

Alpha Protocol at 72 meta.

Resident Evil 6 meta 67 meta (The single player campaign deserved to be panned. But the multiplayer alone was worth the purchase for me on PC and I've played it longer than most games).

Still, I see why all of those games got semi-panned, they all have flaws. But they all have really unique qualities to them that I love.

Every game I've played that was around 50 meta has been absolutely terrible. Those are the 3 worst scored games I can think of that I actually loved. 

I really liked those 3 games, they are very good in my opinion

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Vikki said:
ganoncrotch said:
Too human on the 360, I loved the shit outta every minute of that game, have 1000/1000 achievement points in it. Thought it was one of the best games on the system... think it's rated around 50% or so on metacritic after being in dev hell for about 20 years and now there is a law against it and all new and unsold copies are to be destroyed lol.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/38310/all-unsold-copies-of-too-human-must-be-destroyed-by-court-order
Now that's being properly critically panned, when your game is ordered destroyed by the courts it's so bad :D

That is brutal! I didn't know their sales were that terrible :|

I never played it myself, but the length of the pre-death animations were enought to turn me right off xD 

you know there are 4 achievements for completeing the whole game without dying. I happily and sadly at the same time have them all as is shown in my edited post :D it is one balls hard game to complete without dying, such a good challenge tho, loved it.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:
Vikki said:
ganoncrotch said:
Too human on the 360, I loved the shit outta every minute of that game, have 1000/1000 achievement points in it. Thought it was one of the best games on the system... think it's rated around 50% or so on metacritic after being in dev hell for about 20 years and now there is a law against it and all new and unsold copies are to be destroyed lol.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/38310/all-unsold-copies-of-too-human-must-be-destroyed-by-court-order
Now that's being properly critically panned, when your game is ordered destroyed by the courts it's so bad :D

That is brutal! I didn't know their sales were that terrible :|

I never played it myself, but the length of the pre-death animations were enought to turn me right off xD 

you know there are 4 achievements for completeing the whole game without dying. I happily and sadly at the same time have them all as is shown in my edited post :D it is one balls hard game to complete without dying, such a good challenge tho, loved it.

The only game I've ever beaten with dying is Fable III, so I'm impressed xD

]

ishiki said:

Resident Evil 6 meta 67 meta (The single player campaign deserved to be panned. But the multiplayer alone was worth the purchase for me on PC and I've played it longer than most games).

Still, I see why all of those games got semi-panned, they all have flaws. But they all have really unique qualities to them that I love.

Every game I've played that was around 50 meta has been absolutely terrible. Those are the 3 worst scored games I can think of that I actually loved. 

Have just started playing through this. Really enjoying it even if it looks and feels more like a psp game lol.

Its got more character than a lot of AAA games from the last couple of years.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network
Attoyou said:
ishiki said:

Have just started playing through this. Really enjoying it even if it looks and feels more like a psp game lol.

Its got more character than a lot of AAA games from the last couple of years.

I actually got that game for free a year or so ago. Might track down the site and give it an install!

]

Duke Nukem Forever

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

shikamaru317 said:
Home Alone 2 on the Sega Genesis. It's one of my favorite Genesis games, it became a family tradition for me and my brother to beat it on Christmas Eve, he's 27 now and I'm 24 and we still get together every Christmas Eve and trade-off levels until we beat the game. Home Alone 2 was critically panned, the game received a Worst Sequel award for 1992 and currently holds a 30.5% average on Game Rankings. I think the critics are crazy.

That's actually really cool! I find that our memories of games can take complete priority over the quality itself. Probably one of the reasons why I love AITD. It was just so mind blowing from the features alone that I don't care one bit that the controls are bollocks.

]

Sonic '06. Why?

NOSTALGIA SUCKS. THAT'S WHY.

Maxxy said:
Sonic '06. Why?

NOSTALGIA SUCKS. THAT'S WHY.

:| 

I...have no words.

]