By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How can Nintendo compete with the big dawgs?

gmcmen said:
nope i never use vgchartz numbers, because they are usually off, and especially with the wiiu, since it sells so low, they have been way off.

So what you're saying is that I'm right, you only ever assume the Wii U is being overtracked, for no other reason than that it supports your preconceptions?

In that case, there's no point continuing this argument.

Around the Network
gmcmen said:
its nice that you didn't mention europe because if you did, the wiiu would be tracking behind the dreamcast, look who's yalking from his proverbial arse.

I couldn't find any solid numbers for Dreamcast in Europe, so I didn't speak about it. If you can find actual numbers, I'd be interested to see them. You'll notice that I never made any claim about Europe whatsoever - you see, "talking from your proverbial arse" involves making grandiose claims or major assertions with nothing whatsoever to back them up with. When I don't have anything to back up a claim, I don't make the claim (I didn't even make a claim about worldwide sales). For you see, the burden of proof lies with the one who makes the claim. And you, sir, have failed to satisfy that burden.

Good day.

Aielyn said:
gmcmen said:
its nice that you didn't mention europe because if you did, the wiiu would be tracking behind the dreamcast, look who's yalking from his proverbial arse.

I couldn't find any solid numbers for Dreamcast in Europe, so I didn't speak about it. If you can find actual numbers, I'd be interested to see them. You'll notice that I never made any claim about Europe whatsoever - you see, "talking from your proverbial arse" involves making grandiose claims or major assertions with nothing whatsoever to back them up with. When I don't have anything to back up a claim, I don't make the claim (I didn't even make a claim about worldwide sales). For you see, the burden of proof lies with the one who makes the claim. And you, sir, have failed to satisfy that burden.

Good day.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=98977 dreamcast sold about 2 million in europ, the trend that the wiiu is making a turn around is laughable, a trend would be 3-5 months where the wiiu is selling at a descent level, it's not even selling at a descent level this month. i really do hope the wiiu make a turn around, but into reality and it's not looking good.

gmcmen said:
Aielyn said:
gmcmen said:

Good day.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=98977 dreamcast sold about 2 million in europ, the trend that the wiiu is making a turn around is laughable, a trend would be 3-5 months where the wiiu is selling at a descent level, it's not even selling at a descent level this month. i really do hope the wiiu make a turn around, but into reality and it's not looking good.

Ummm... that article doesn't say anything about Europe - it doesn't even mention Europe. Actual numbers given out place FINAL sales numbers for the Dreamcast in Europe at 2 million or so... but that being said, that's AFTER they sold off the rest of the stock after discontinuation (just as how, in the US, it had sold just 3 million by the time that the system was discontinued, but sold 4.5 million LTD).

And don't try to tell me what a trend is - I'm a mathematician. Four weeks of steady improvement would be called a trend, after a long period with no improvement. And maybe you haven't heard ioi's hints regarding Black Friday sales for the Wii U...