By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Ones are not sold out in my mall (Black Friday)

blightedpersona said:
"Microsoft Propoganda all over the place"
"Apple-like"
"Just Dance"
"They are really trying to get them out of the store"
"Xbone"

lol at the "I felt bad" part

I pay attention to marketing strategies. Sue me. MS has always been better than that and I'll say it time and time again. I was just calling what I saw like I saw it.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Netyaroze said:
MS made some serious mistakes in the beginnig with their marketing this will haunt them for a while.

Maybe we will see a rebranding soon

Microsofts marketing is admirable and they are definitely trying ten times harder than Sony. The propaganda is amazing. They even have a store in my hometown mall for crying out loud. Sony is going to be on back order for months. First come first served. Looks like MS blew their load in the first week and will need to make up sales during the holiday season because the PS4 is nowhere to be found next door at Best Buy.

Curious since I haven't seen any Xbox One ads, what are the advertisements and who are they targeting?

I stand by what Adam Sessler said and I just think that the targeting of non-hard core gamers at launch is misguided. They're not the first adopters. $500 is just too hard of a value proposition for being able to surf the TV with your voice and whatnot. They should have focused on the gamers first, let word get out how good it's for non-gaming too, and then target non-gamers once they brought down costs (maybe have something similar to an Xbox Arcade later down the road).

I don't think people will shell out 500 bloody dollars on a X1 during black Friday man, I'm not at all surprised.

Dark_Feanor said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Dark_Feanor said:
I wonder why Amazon and Best Buy aren´t reciven any Xboxes yet.

So, correct if I´m wrong, but today is Friday, Eearly morning not? Did the Microsoft Store was openned yesterday? Or do you expected they sold-out in the first seconds of the day?

And, since when having a product in stocks is a bad thing?

I think I need to put it in bold letters that I presumed the Xbone was sold out but was proven wrong tonight. Sony is going to be first come first served for a while for ever can get it at any store with a backorder.

Does Sony has a "Sony Store" with Apple Like guys and tons of PS4s to make opportunity sells? 

I realy don´t get what you are trying here. XOne appers to be sold out online but with a health supply at physical retailers. It´s doing realy ok everywhere.

Again, what is wrong with a Microsoft Store having XOnes to show and give a opportunity to buyers with a little extra monney?

Yes, at one point Sony had a store in select malls across the country before the Apple craze happened. The Sony store wasn't as aggressive and smaller. The Microsoft store is basically taking the apple approach, with the glass doors and attendants at every table. They also have people outside trying to get people to come inside the store just like Apple. Just stating an observation. 

You don't get what I am saying because it seems you might not want to understand what I am saying. I am saying they had no competition in a mall full of shoppers with no competition from other rival companies. No Xbone were flying off the shelves. I was stating that this result was to my surprise because I expect great things for the Xbone.

dahuman said:
I don't think people will shell out 500 bloody dollars on a X1 during black Friday man, I'm not at all surprised.

Actually they are sold out so apparently people were.  Good news for the console industry it looks pretty good for the holidays.

Around the Network

If you felt bad because you believe it was a generalization or because you think you cannot find any PS4 in store, you are just plain wrong :)

Two of my coworkers bought a PS4 yesterday at Futureshop (and they do not have any Xbox One available)... I mean; it is expected to have some PS4/Xbox One on shelve in many store after the big launch day... (and I have to admit that one of them planned to buy an Xbox One at first but because it was not available he was okay to go for a PS4, what a ...)

dahuman said:

There are plenty of people who will. Theres less of them, yes, but theres like plenty buying TV's and other electronics for $500.

I feel like this is a joke thread.

scat398 said:
dahuman said:

Actually they are sold out so apparently people were.  Good news for the console industry it looks pretty good for the holidays.

I'm just saying they can buy it anytime at 500 USD or even online, the focus is definitely not Black Friday. Who in their right mind would go into a crowd of crazy ass people just to buy something that has no deal on it on that day, maybe idiots? I stay the hell home or goto the mountains during these times in general.

Read the entire thread,

Thought OP deserved more acknowledgements,

I feel bad for OP.