By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Ones are not sold out in my mall (Black Friday)

So I was walking around with a friend for Black Friday and came across a Microsoft store with Microsoft propaganda all over the place. There were two girls working for the store dancing awkwardly to Just Dance. Eventually my friend and I were greeted by an 'Apple-like' customer service attendant who wanted us to try out the Xbox One. They are really trying to get them out of the stores. I saw more 360's going off of the shelves at my mall to tell you the truth. People want the door buster deals. Maybe next year...maybe next year. After I left the Microsoft store, they had a Microsoft booth halfway down the mall filled with Xbones and the 360 was still outselling it. I felt bad because the Xbox is a good piece of hardware with a great launch lineup.

Around the Network

This is the thing why were people so excited about these consoles being out before black friday, they were never going to be in the mega sales. There brand new products there will be no price slashing for at least 6 months.

MS made some serious mistakes in the beginnig with their marketing this will haunt them for a while.

Maybe we will see a rebranding soon

kowenicki said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

So I was walking around with a friend for Black Friday and came across a Microsoft store with Microsoft propaganda all over the place. There were two girls working for the store dancing awkwardly to Just Dance. Eventually my friend and I were greeted by an 'Apple-like' customer service attendant who wanted us to try out the Xbox One. They are really trying to get them out of the stores. I saw more 360's going off of the shelves at my mall to tell you the truth. People want the door buster deals. Maybe next year...maybe next year. After I left the Microsoft store, they had a Microsoft booth halfway down the mall filled with Xbones and the 360 was still outselling it. I felt bad because the Xbox is a good piece of hardware with a great launch lineup.

Why did you feel bad?

I dont see this as a negative at all.

Would it be bad if the PS3 outsold the PS4 this year or would it be "AWESOME SALES!!"

Was it bad when the PS2 outsold the PS3 at launch?

Its very early days, people need to stop overlaying the first few days of a launch on the entire gen.

Patience.

There is no Gamestop in my mall. Microsoft has Zero competition besides the cannibalized sales between the 360 and Xbone. They still cant sellout the Xbones. Sony is sold out of PS4's at my best buy next door. When you have a mall full of people looking for deals it hurts, especially when the workers at the MS store have carts out with Xbones ready to go. Sadly enough, the PS3 outsold the 360's first year which means even though they had a loss at the time they outsold Microsofts. Of course they didn't outsell the PS2, but the PS2 was a phenomenon all in itself because it was the go-to console for everything. The Xbone is supposed to be that console.

Netyaroze said:
MS made some serious mistakes in the beginnig with their marketing this will haunt them for a while.

Microsofts marketing is admirable and they are definitely trying ten times harder than Sony. The propaganda is amazing. They even have a store in my hometown mall for crying out loud. Sony is going to be on back order for months. First come first served. Looks like MS blew their load in the first week and will need to make up sales during the holiday season because the PS4 is nowhere to be found next door at Best Buy.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
kowenicki said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Why did you feel bad?

I dont see this as a negative at all.

Would it be bad if the PS3 outsold the PS4 this year or would it be "AWESOME SALES!!"

Was it bad when the PS2 outsold the PS3 at launch?

Its very early days, people need to stop overlaying the first few days of a launch on the entire gen.

Patience.

There is no Gamestop in my mall. Microsoft has Zero competition besides the cannibalized sales between the 360 and Xbone. They still cant sellout the Xbones. Sony is sold out of PS4's at my best buy next door. When you have a mall full of people looking for deals it hurts, especially when the workers at the MS store have carts out with Xbones ready to go.

And? 

Black Friday is about deals.  You aint getting a deal on an XBOX ONE this black friday.

Obviously not, but yet again the PS4 is sold out and STILL on backorder at Gamestop. Last I checked they said they have a 2.3 million back order.

Ok, ok, Xbox One is doomed, even much doomer than Wii U. You feel sad? Are you serious? Everyone here know you are the hardcore Sony fan. I think you are very glad to see this.

On the topic, I remembered PS2 used to outsell both PS3/X360 back to 2006. Is it a surprise? Come on, this is black Friday. The price determines everything. And 499USD doesn't seem a good deal in this holiday heat wave.

zhao3gold said:
Ok, ok, Xbox One is doomed, even much doomer than Wii U. You feel sad? Are you serious? Everyone here know you are the hardcore Sony fan. I think you are very glad to see this.

On the topic, I remembered PS2 used to outsell both PS3/X360 back to 2006. Is it a surprise? Come on, this is black Friday. The price determines everything. And 499USD doesn't seem a good deal in this holiday heat wave.

Dude just shut up already. I've genuinely been singing the Xbox Ones praises for the past two weeks already and when I state an observation you all start complaining. I actually prefer its launch to the PS4 even though I consider the PS4 a better investment overtime. Regardless of that, my mall has no competition from any other console brand. No Nintendo or Sony in the mall at all and Microsoft Propaganda in 1/4 of the mall on Black Friday.

kowenicki said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
kowenicki said:

Obviously not, but yet again the PS4 is sold out and STILL on backorder at Gamestop. Last I checked they said they have a 2.3 million back order.

Now we get ot the point you actually wanted to make.  lol

Look we dont know supply, we dont know sales.  This will all come out in the wash over the next two or three months, then we can better judge this.

But I say again, just because the ONE isnt selling as well as the PS4 (at the moment) doesnt make it a bad launch and you shouldnt feel bad for MS (lol... er really?). 

They have just had their biggest gaming hardware launch ever by a massive distance. 

My point is Microsoft deserves to have the Xbone sell out based on the overall quality of the product and the strength of their marketing. I was just stating an observation though.

kowenicki said:
Netyaroze said:

Listen to yourself.

Stop only comparing it to the ps4 launch.  Compatre it to just about every other home console launch and see how riduclous what you are saying sounds.

It has had a very good launch and it will go on to do very well.

Nope I am not comparing to the past. I am comparing it to the PS4 right now. The market has changed it has grown and became more competitive. And with MS ambitions I am pretty sure this is seen as a failure in large parts of the company and from a stockholder perspective.

If it stays behind the PS4 in terms of marketshare and profit this gen that means MS has chosen the wrong strategy to market their console.

I think MS aimed to be the top dog with the Xbone anything less than first place is a failure (Or like this gen a tight race).  If MS will not be able to pick up momentum compared to the PS4 soon we WILL see a rebranding at some point.

@S.T.A.G.E

Yes MS efforts are admirable and they try hard. But the problem might be that they try too hard to convince people. Its like with a girl try too hard and you are out. Its the desperation that turns them off. I think MS has the same problem right now with their marketing.