By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Polish launch - only consoles preordered till August delivered

So I went to a couple stores today. All are decorated with PS4 motives and stands, I got to play a PS4, the controller is really nice. In every store you could feel the hype and ambience of something great going to happen, there were additional employees hired, people were asking about PS4 all the time. When I asked about sales the story was the same in all stores. All consoles are already sold out, only peeps who preordered till the end of August will get their consoles tomorrow, they hope to deliver the other preordered consoles till the end of December, so it's gonna be difficult to buy a PS4 this year.

Unfortunatelly there is no midnight launch in my city (shame on you, Sony!), but maybe eFKac will take some photos from Warsaw.

In the meantime let me remind you that Nintendo has sold 350 Wii U's in the first 9 months in Poland (less than PS2 or the OG Wii did in these 9 months!!), while MS hasn't even announced the release date for XO and is still advertising X360 on the TV...

What do you think, who's gonna dominate this gen in Poland? I predict that PS4 will sell 1 mil+ in Poland alone this gen.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network

What?

Tagging. Will post my impressions later. Maybe some solid numbers if I will manage to get clear info. Overall the situation is pretty crazy in Warsaw. It's going to be really really hard to grab a console if you have not preordered, but I will take my best chances

If I will drop by the midnight launches here, I will post some pictures.

Ohh and my prediction. Considering that PS3 is just south of 1 million sold and will pass that barrier lifetime imo, I imagine PS4 having easily over 1.5 million units sold here, maybe 2 million depending how late will Xbone launch. But the damage is done, what 360 gained by launching early and being cheaper will be lost this gen. Nintendo is non existent

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Well you said it yourself before Wii U is't officially launched in Poland so selling what is has is a miracle anyway lol.

I don't know how they do games for PS4 there but whoever can localise content will win there I think. If they both do then Sony should win.

eFKac said:
Tagging. Will post my impressions later. Maybe some solid numbers if I will manage to get clear info. Overall the situation is pretty crazy in Warsaw. It's going to be really really hard to grab a console if you have not preordered, but I will take my best chances

If I will drop by the midnight launches here, I will post some pictures.

Ohh and my prediction. Considering that PS3 is just south of 1 million sold and will pass that barrier lifetime imo, I imagine PS4 having easily over 1.5 million units sold here, maybe 2 million depending how late will Xbone launch. But the damage is done, what 360 gained by launching early and being cheaper will be lost this gen. Nintendo is non existent

I don't know where PS3 is at right now. SCEP has been quiet about it for quite some time :/ They said it sold 400k in December 2011 and then 500k in May 2012. We can only guess where it's at right now, but it's probably around 750k-800k, considering how fast console gaming is growing over here.

Hmm... Thinking about it, 1.5 mil can actually be realistic. The big dent that X360 did this gen being much cheaper and easily hackable won't be present this time. XO won't come close, because people who got X360 because it was so much cheaper will go with PS4 this time.

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
Well you said it yourself before Wii U is't officially launched in Poland so selling what is has is a miracle anyway lol.

I don't know how they do games for PS4 there but whoever can localise content will win there I think. If they both do then Sony should win.

It's not that much of a miracle if Wii (and PS2.......) managed to sell more during the same 9 months :/ But yeah, Nintendo gets what it deserves. It's a pity, cause I will probably have problems getting games when I finally buy my Wii U.

If you look at my sig, you can see the game Uncharted: Złota Otchłań, that might be a little hint Sony has started localising games way back on the PS2/PSP. PS3/PSV games are not only with Polish subtitles, but many are dubbed by very famour Polish actors. MS isn't really into it, so you only get subtitles for 1st party games. 3rd party games get the same stuff they got on PS3, so many are dubbed.

Scisca said:
Cobretti2 said:

It's not that much of a miracle if Wii (and PS2.......) managed to sell more during the same 9 months :/ But yeah, Nintendo gets what it deserves. It's a pity, cause I will probably have problems getting games when I finally buy my Wii U.

If you look at my sig, you can see the game Uncharted: Złota Odchłań, that might be a little hint Sony has started localising games way back on the PS2/PSP. PS3/PSV games are not only with Polish subtitles, but many are dubbed by very famour Polish actors. MS isn't really into it, so you only get subtitles for 1st party games. 3rd party games get the same stuff they got on PS3, so many are dubbed.

yer I jsut woke up and your thread was the first I replied to lol.  So yer it is pretty obvious PS4 will win there unless something major happens to change that.

I was quite sure that Efkac is the only Polish guy here (excluding me :) )
where do you get the numbers for Polish sales? that must make quite an interesting reading.

And if Nintendo sold sold 350 Wii U's in Poland, then tomorrow, Friday, they will sell unit number no. 351, I'm buying tomorrow :)

And my opinion on sales? My friends tend to have PS3, some have 360 and the same number of them has a Wii. Strangely, they were not aware of XBone existence. PS3 owners said they have a load of games to finish before they upgrade. Wii owners said that they like nintendoland (?!) and SM3DW, the other is happy with her Wii.

I'd say ps4>Wii U> Xbone for Poland. Unhackable, expensive xbone won't do good. And PS360 becomes cheaper and cheaper, same with the games.

Yup, PS4 is sold out here before launch :D  If u wanna get ur PS4 here, prepare urself :D

Seems to be quite similar in germany. I got a call from Media Markt today and they said they don't have any consoles on shelves tomorrow. Only peeps who pre-ordered until August 10th will get the console tomorrow. Luckily, I pre-ordered on July 4th. :)

It's just one store though, could be different at other places. Can't wait for tomorrow to come!

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.