By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I Got Platinum in GT5... I'm a Happy Guy... Ready For GT6.

Tagged games:

Congrats Ethomaz.

I tried going for it back in the first months of owning GT5, got to 94% but sadly time flew away from me and could never afford it in order to complete the A-Spec trophies (Level 40 and all events).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
pokoko said:
Coming from a person who will probably never earn a platinum, I'm impressed. I aim for the bronze!

To be fair the most time consuming trophy in GT5 is a Bronze... buy 1000 cars.

It might have been when the game first came out but with the XL edition and the sesonal events it took me a little over a month to get that trophy and I could have done it faster if would have done it doing the easy way by buying 1000 go karts.  Also the seasonal events are not tied to the platinum trophy so its still possible to platinum the game.

Congrats... i don't have a wheel so i will not plat it... but i am almost at my personal goal... to own 1000 unique cars on my garage (959 right now)... after that and level 40 on A-Spec, i will move on to GT6...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Dr.Grass said:

That's a testament to your love for GT. Well done.

EDIT: How many ~hours?

The game doesn't track the hours you played it.  That is one thing Forza does a lot better Forza 3, 4 and Horizon tracks the time you spend playing the game.  Forza 4 even breaks it down to how much time you spend using each manufacturer.  Forza 2 might do it to but I haven't played that game in a long time and I never checked.

Damn son!

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
Dr.Grass said:

That's a testament to your love for GT. Well done.

EDIT: How many ~hours?

The game doesn't track the hours you played it.  That is one thing Forza does a lot better Forza 3, 4 and Horizon tracks the time you spend playing the game.  Forza 4 even breaks it down to how much time you spend using each manufacturer.  Forza 2 might do it to but I haven't played that game in a long time and I never checked.

Notice the "~" sign there.

Implicitly I'm saying that I know the game doesn't track time.

Forza shmorza.

Well I'm not familiar with that sign it looks like the acent sign used in Spanish over some n's like in the word senorita.

Congrads man

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

congrats. Must've been a very tough journey.

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

I thought you would have gotten this years ago, what took you so long??

Edit: nevermind, just looked it up on ps3trophys.org 600+hrs :0 But still! rnt you the #1 GT fan!!? cmon man! :D