By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you ready for GameCube 2?

Are you ready?

What's a GameCube? 21 10.05%

GameCube is hardcore 112 53.59%

I don't like it 17 8.13%

I want Wii 2 14 6.70%

Nintendo going third party 44 21.05%

Total:208

whats with the gamecube hate? the gamecube was atleast pretty cool and stylish

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Pavolink said:
Anfebious said:
PFFT Gamecube 2 man? You crazy? It sounds more like a Dreamcast 2 to me :/

Well, it won't made Nintendo go out of the console race. Just that for now the blue ocean strategy doesn'ty work, so let's back to Nintendo franchises for this time. Nothing wrong with it, just that looks like we won't see another Wii Sports anytime soon.

The blue ocean strategy isn't failing, because Nintendo is not using it for the Wii U. The 3DS didn't use it either.

They were trying to use it, but with terrible attemps. They'd believe Nintendog's/Brain Training/2DMario will do for 3DS, and Wii Sports/Fit/Party/2DMario/3DMuliplayerMario will do for Wii U.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Gamecube had some awesome games.

Metroid Prime 1 & 2 <- Best Metroids ever
F-Zero GX <- Best F-Zero ever
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess <-Great Zelda
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Reuiem <- Among the best Survival Horror games
Resident Evil 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 <- Best Survival Horror Games
Super Smash Bros. Melee <- Best Smash Bros
Pikmin 1 & 2 <- Awesome
Luigi's Mansion <- Great
Baten Kaitos 1 & Origins <-Awesome
Tales of Symphonia <- Awesome

etc....So far, WiiU's lineup isn't looking so bad. Super Mario 3D Worlds is often credited as the only worthwhile next gen game, and X leads the VGC Most Wanted threads.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

RolStoppable said:
Pavolink said:

They were trying to use it, but with terrible attemps. They'd believe Nintendog's/Brain Training/2DMario will do for 3DS, and Wii Sports/Fit/Party/2DMario/3DMuliplayerMario will do for Wii U.

Except that none of that was blue ocean strategy, because all of those games have been done before. Nevermind that the systems themselves are red ocean products which plays a key part in a medium where the hardware and software are intertwined. There's a crucial difference between the actual Wii and a hypothetical $400 powerhouse with a standard controller in 2006 (to match the 360 and PS3) that adds the Wiimote as a peripheral. With the Wiimote being an afterthought, the conveyed message is that Wii Sports players are second rate consumers at best. "This console is not made for you, but buy it anyway."

They were trying to sell red ocean consoles to a blue ocean, and it failed. I agree that the consoles are not aimed to that audience, but those games I mentioned are not pointed to the red ocean.

Nintendo was trying to keep the blue consumers (believing naively that they still have), and get the red ones on board mixing the hardware. A powerful DS will sell to red ocean and keep the blue one. A powerful Wii compatible console with the new tablet "fad" as main controller, but with the "hardcore" buttons will do the work.

Those games were going to point that those consoles were still to the blue ocean, but with the power and new games to cater the red one.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

The gamecube has always been my favorite home console of all time. The memories of seeing Luigi's Mansion for the first time, of playing Super Smash bros. melee with a bunch of friends, of playing Clone Wars multiplayer against all those waves of enemies, of seeing actual character development for Star Fox characters in Adventures, and of the memories of all the other epic games that destroyed everything else; LoTr: Third Age, Doubledash, and freaking ROGUE SQUADRON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh the gamecube was so amazing. If the Wii U pumps out games like that (which it is already planning on doing in 2014) for the rest of it's life then I will be happy. Very happy.

Around the Network

WiiU will turn things round, wait and see...

also, Ps4 and XboxONE launch numbers are great, but what about the rest of the year? especially at that price...

but SSB on 3DS is a terrible idea, one system seller is gone :(

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^