By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 'PS4 Winning The War Against Xbox One' - Retailers

Trunkin said:
kupomogli said:
According to some people, PS4 was only more popular because Sony fans rule the internet. Looks like that theory is gone, because clearly there's more Sony fans offline too.

You don't have to be a Sony fan to want a PS4. XBone doesn't have all that much going for it right now, and that price tag is not helping.

Um....

Forza, DR3, and KI (being free) > KZ (which you are better off getting BF4/COD for your shooter experience anyway)?

I mean sure theres more games, but these are the standouts, the games that are driving console purchases.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
vkaraujo said:
I hope sony does win, but it is too early to talk about that.
PS4 had the best launch, but XONE also had a great one.

Maybe we should just be happy the industry is doing so well.

Nope, its pretty clear. Mainland Europe and Japan alone seal the deal.PS4 will win.

X1 will still sell reasonably well, make a profit, and everybody will win (except Nintendo lol). Least that is how things stand now.

If MS has the balls, they will release a $299 Kinect-less X1 alongside Halo 5 for Holiday 2014......then you got a real war on our hands

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

A battle is not war.....

pezus said:
sales2099 said:
vkaraujo said:

Nope, its pretty clear. Mainland Europe and Japan alone seal the deal.PS4 will win.

X1 will still sell reasonably well, make a profit, and everybody will win (except Nintendo lol). Least that is how things stand now.

If MS has the balls, they will release a $299 Kinect-less X1 alongside Halo 5 for Holiday 2014......then you got a real war on our hands

USA alone seals the deal. I didn't think I'd be able to say that a year ago.

A $200 price drop in a year? Lulz, dreams are good sometimes

PS3 launch price vs PS3 price holiday 2007......

LOL why is it everytime Sony fans prove to NOT know their own heritage? Or was it $100. Either way you take Kinect out and it helps. Sony proved that desperation means kickass price cuts :)

sales2099 said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
vkaraujo said:

LOL why is it everytime Sony fans prove to NOT know their own heritage? Or was it $100. Either way you take Kinect out and it helps. Sony proved that desperation means kickass price cuts :)

Sony also got a huge backlash for nerfing that model to hell though (most notably removing PS2 BC). At least both Sony and MS did the rational thing this time around and decided not to bother in the first place.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
pezus said:

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Price_cuts

It's more like a $100 price cut but with a bigger HDD too.

Dark_Feanor said:
ViktorBKK said:
Dark_Feanor said:
5 to 1...

Ok, why give such unrealistic figure that invalidates any resenable analisys?

They could say: PS4 is outpassing the XOne due to lower price and consume friendness (to hardcore that usually do preorders)

Some people are in for a nasty surprise once Christmas is over. Microsost will be very lucky to trail only 5 to 1 by March.

Yes, yes, Sony will magically put 15mi PS4 into market or Microsoft won´t sell any more XOne until March.

Once the most hardcore of xbox fans get their console, xbone sales will drop to Wii U levels. Xbox One is the first console in history to offer significantly inferior hardware at a higher pricepoint than its competitor. All for a camera that nobody seems to want. It is already validated by various reports, that launch Xbox One stock is available in the US in several retailers. But lets just wait for March, and you'll see.

Edit: The only way Microsoft can turn this around is with a 300-350 dollar Xbone SKU WITHOUT Kinect. And this needs to come in the next 6 months, not holiday 2014 as mentioned earlier.

Domin4tion!?

pezus said:

Retailers say that demand for Sony's PS4 far outstrips that for Microsoft's Xbox One.

Published on Nov 26, 2013

According to a number of retailers, demand for the PS4 is outstripping demand for the Xbox One to a significant degree and, as a result, Sony is "winning the war".

"Sony has definitely captured the hearts and minds of the independent sector," Game's Centre's MD,  Robert Lindsay told MCV.

"We’ve had fantastic support from CentreSoft and Sony for the PS4 launch, which has helped make it our biggest launch ever," Lindsay continued. 

That sentiment was backed by the MD of another independent retailer, Don McCabe of Chips, who said that PS4 orders are up five to one over the Xbox One.  

"They’re winning the war," said McCabe. "Sony has the enthusiasm and they want to be No.1". 

There have been reports, prior to the PS4 and Xbox One going on sale, that the PS4 was outselling the Xbox One in terms of pre-orders, as well as consumer polls that suggested the PS4 would indeed outsell its rival console.

With the Xbox One now on sale worldwide and the PS4 available in the US and shortly to be on sale in the UK on 29 November, it now seems that those predictions are proving to be correct. 

It will be interesting to see how Microsoft goes about trying to turn things back in their favour. 

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2174398/ps4_winning_the_war_against_xbox_one_retailers.html

I really don't give a flip who "wins", but making a statement like that 1 week into a 7-8 year "battle" is sheer ignorance.  People who spend more time debating who's system is going to sell more units than actually playing video games is no gamer at all.

btw...again I don't care who "wins", but these are companies.  Companies are in business to make money.  From that perspective, Nintendo has had their competition beat every generation.

Stop hating and start playing.

Expected... in line with de master plan.