By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pikmin designer working on “Nintendo original title"

Tagged games:

Tekken lead producer Katsuhiro Harada has claimed that Masamichi Abe – best known for his work on the Pikmin series – is working on a “Nintendo original title” in reply to a user on Twitter. Users on Twitter immediately erupted thinking this might be a new IP from Nintendo, however, the tweet – at best – is vague and should be taken with a large grain of salt. Even so, speculation is rife, so let us know if you think there’s more to this tweet than meets the eye in the comment section below.

“He is in Nintendo Kyoto now. working on some Nintendo original title RT@2Andrin what happened to Masamichi Abe? Is he retired?” – Katsuhiro Harada via Twitter

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/11/26/rumour-pikmin-designer-working-on-nintendo-original-title-says-tekken-lead-katsuhiro-harada/

Around the Network

it is bsolutely mzig that there are never leaks from Nintendo.
Seriously !

Sounds great! I hope it's a new IP. If not, then hopefully it's a franchise they're bringing back from the dead :D

Nintendo ninjas are going to hunt him down.

does this mean this is a new ip or what?

Around the Network

Could be anything, but the idea of a new Nintendo IP is awesome.

bananaking21 said:
does this mean this is a new ip or what?

The message wasn't too clear on this one. Surely he's not allowed to speak more in detail about it. But it leads me to think that he means a new IP, he didn't say franchise or anything like that.

"Original" means new :P

superchunk said:

A new Nintendo IP is a vague term though. Could be a Rhythm game for all we know. :D And he didn't even say a new IP. 

IsawYoshi said:
superchunk said:

A new Nintendo IP is a vague term though. Could be a Rhythm game for all we know. :D And he didn't even say a new IP.

True, but original tends to lean to new IP and Nintendo has a great track record with new IPs. So for now, I'll be excited thank you very much.