By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are you all aboard the GT6 hype train?

eFKac said:
Lol what hype train?
The fact that this thread just over a week before the launch of the game gets 70 replies means there is no hype. That's what you get when you launch your biggest exclusive on a 7 year old fatigued system after the launch of your next gen system.
Congrats Sony once again.

Terrible decision with still over 78 million ps3 owners that have not yet upgraded... I have a ps4, still can't wait to play GT6 as well. The best titles come out in the golden years of a console. Even though the launch titles look great but they won't have the staying power that a mammoth title like GT6 has.
All the attention is on the launch of the new systems atm. In a couple weeks GT6 will get plenty attention. All shots have been fired for the 2 new consoles, it will be a while until their next games arrive.

Around the Network
pezus said:
eFKac said:
Lol what hype train?
The fact that this thread just over a week before the launch of the game gets 70 replies means there is no hype. That's what you get when you launch your biggest exclusive on a 7 year old fatigued system after the launch of your next gen system.

Wat.

70 replies is actually very good for a gaming topic that was greated less than a day ago on VGC.

I think the 70 replies is more that people on this site enjoy me, moreso than they enjoy Gran Turismo. But that's just my opinion.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Alby_da_Wolf said:
theleaguegame said:
ethomaz said:

theleaguegame said:

were do u get that edition from?

Brasilian exclusive

damn in canada we have no exclusives really just the car codes one...

asias exclusive looks the best.. might try to find it on ebay..

This is unfair! Brazil got its Ayrton Senna Exclusive Edition, why doesn't Canada receive a Gille Villeneuve one? Or Italy a Nuvolari or Bandini or Alboreto one?
Damn Brazilians, they must have moneyhatted Sony, I tell you!!!      

Well too bad there just was just one Ayrton Senna... no fangio, vileneuve, schumacher =]

Buy our edition and help the Senna Institue.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

SvennoJ said:
eFKac said:
Lol what hype train?
The fact that this thread just over a week before the launch of the game gets 7Alu m-cheeplies means there is no hype. That's what you get when you launch your biggest exclusive on a 7 year old fatigued system after the launch of your next gen system.

Terrible decision with still over 78 million ps3 owners that have not yet upgraded... I have a ps4, still can't wait to play GT6 as well. The best titles come out in the golden years of a console. Even though the launch titles look great but they won't have the staying power that a mammoth title like GT6 has.
All the attention is on the launch of the new systems atm. In a couple weeks GT6 will get plenty attention. All shots have been fired for the 2 new consoles, it will be a while until their next games arrive.

Yeah...how many have not yet upgraded when GT3 came out? How did that turn out? How much bigger was the install base when GT4 launched? How much more has GT4 sold? Ohh wait :-/

Size of the install base doesn't mean everything. First off, people are overestimating the number of active PS3s in the wild. How many died, were replacements, cheap Blu Ray players/multimedia centers, are second or third or more if you're crazy in the household. We don't know, I can say for sure though that there is not a install base of 78 million to buy GT6. With PS4 we can be pretty sure that at least within the first year of launch, the active install base is close to what was sold LTD and consists in majority by fans and hardcore gamers starving to new games and experiences.

Then goes the matter of generational fatigue. It's been 7/8 years already, PS3 is obsolete by now, 2013 had some really amazing games, but we have pretty much seen all that this gen is capable of by 2011. You'd think that because we have "160 million" install base at the moment there shouldn't be any flops this year right? Well when you're not GTA 5 or TLoU to set peoples imagination on fire, it's hard to find spectacular success this year on PS360. I could post a long list of flops and games that underperformed this year but I'm sure you're aware of them. 

Now we have the case of change and improvement. I haven't played any newer build than the GT6 Academy and though I sure it improved a bit I'm not expecting a revolution since, and even though the game is certainly a good improvement over GT5, partially because it had it's fair share of flaws, it feels more like GT5,5, a game that GT5 should have been from the start. Even though I will probably get it day 1, I wouldn't blame any GT5 owner not grabbing it soon if they don't feel it's worth upgrading for 60$. 10 times the performance of PS4 I'm sure could impress much more, and give us a big jump, undoubtably worth the asking price.

And lastly GT6 on PS4 would certainly help improve the consoles adoption rate, here I think we agree. And we have Kazunori, which is pretty surprising to me I won't lie, so openly talking about Gran Turismo on PS4, even as soon as 2014. If you want people to buy GT6 on PS3, at least keep in secret that a superior version of the franchise is release in one year time possibly cause that's just fucking moronic :-/

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

It is up.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/gran-turismo-6/cid=UP9000-NPUA81049_00-0000000000000000?smcid=ps:shop-now:ps-psn:playstation-store

Around the Network

Japanese Store says 14.3GB GT6... so you need 30GB free to install the digital version.

ethomaz said:
Japanese Store says 14.3GB GT6... so you need 30GB free to install the digital version.

HYPEEEEE. 1 mil global FW?

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Gimme on PS4 and I'm on the hype train.

AMAZING.