By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bunch of people like Wii U

take that cnet!

Around the Network
gmcmen said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
pezus said:
If consoles were a short term investment, I would agree. However, just because PS4One don't have a lot of games at the moment doesn't mean you should buy a WiiU instead when you could just wait a few months and buy a PS4One then.

Wii U, from what has been announced will have a stronger lineup until at least 2015.

really, the only thing on my radar is mario kart, donkey kong and hoping for a new zelda.

You can also add Yoshi Story, X, Bayonetta 2 and Smash Bros U which imo combined with the Wii U's current library makes it a better sell than the One and PS4.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

You guys won't believe me but when the SNESSS first came out, it received a ton of negative press from gaming magazines. The processor was slow, the game library was weak, Mario was too familiar. EGM said that if Nintendo hadn't spent the year suing everybody and made a REAL Super Nintendo, Sega wouldn't be so dominant. Gensesis won console of the year that year and Sonic the Hedgehog won Game of the Year.

Fast forward one year and the Snes was the gaming media's darling. Axelay, Mario Kart, Street Fighter 2, and a ton ofother awaited software finally arrived. There was no looking back after that.

Now, my Wii U was paid off the day pre-orders were available. I picked it up a day late (darn work schedule!) and, after the initial joy of a new console wore off, I was let down. The games I bought like Call of Duty, Arkham City, or Ninja Gaiden 3 were available elsewhere and often in better form. I even found myself buying eShop games just to justify the purchase. Somewhere between early this year and now, the Wii U began to dominate my gaming life. I play it every day.

Look at my sig. My Xbox Gold has lapsed. My PS3 is untouched. I play the Wii U like I'm an 8 year old kid and I love it! I'm just glad to see the media is recognizing the library and appreciating it. It really is a great device and it has personality.

STRYKIE said: I never understood this notion, are the N64 and Atari Jaguar twins now?

I don't think so. Atari Jaguar is daddy or grandaddy of original xbox. 

I think that, like the Wii before it, the Wii U is a great secindary console to suppliment the PS4 or Xbox One. For me, it may be all I need for a while, until the PS3/Xbox 360 dry up and their successors have strong enough libraries. I can happily recommend it now, too! Hope sales pick up, now.

Around the Network
green_sky said:
STRYKIE said: I never understood this notion, are the N64 and Atari Jaguar twins now?

I don't think so. Atari Jaguar is daddy or grandaddy of original xbox. 

Well both had 64-bit architecture crippled by the use of cartridges, both tried to save face with useless add-ons, both had awkward controllers, both had underwhelming 3rd party support, both tried to act as if 3D gaming was some entirely unprecedented thing.

Sounds no less twin worthy than what the PS2/OG Xbox, PS3/360 or PS4/Xbone are supposed to be, just saying lol.

d21lewis said:
You guys won't believe me but when the SNESSS first came out, it received a ton of negative press from gaming magazines. The processor was slow, the game library was weak, Mario was too familiar. EGM said that if Nintendo hadn't spent the year suing everybody and made a REAL Super Nintendo, Sega wouldn't be so dominant. Gensesis won console of the year that year and Sonic the Hedgehog won Game of the Year.

Fast forward one year and the Snes was the gaming media's darling. Axelay, Mario Kart, Street Fighter 2, and a ton ofother awaited software finally arrived. There was no looking back after that.

Now, my Wii U was paid off the day pre-orders were available. I picked it up a day late (darn work schedule!) and, after the initial joy of a new console wore off, I was let down. The games I bought like Call of Duty, Arkham City, or Ninja Gaiden 3 were available elsewhere and often in better form. I even found myself buying eShop games just to justify the purchase. Somewhere between early this year and now, the Wii U began to dominate my gaming life. I play it every day.

Look at my sig. My Xbox Gold has lapsed. My PS3 is untouched. I play the Wii U like I'm an 8 year old kid and I love it! I'm just glad to see the media is recognizing the library and appreciating it. It really is a great device and it has personality.

Off topic, but I hope this helps people realize I'm not talking out of my ass when I say the SNES and N64 were slandered at launch just as much as they were praised. I was obviously far too young to actually remember the SNES launch, but it was without a doubt SF2 and DKC that kept it afloat in the UK.

Is simple:
2014, go with wii U
2015, ps4/One

No, no way.

The hole is too deep to imagine a Mario game that looks identical to 15 years old games could do any thing to save the WiiU.

I don´t understand people compain about CoD and when Nintendo release the 387th Mario game, with de same mechanics over and over again it´s a candidate for GOTY.

The market moved on, the public moved on.

Dark_Feanor said:
No, no way.

The hole is too deep to imagine a Mario game that looks identical to 15 years old games could do any thing to save the WiiU.

I don´t understand people compain about CoD and when Nintendo release the 387th Mario game, with de same mechanics over and over again it´s a candidate for GOTY.

The market moved on, the public moved on.

"I dont know shit about mario games and my prejudgement must be true to everyone"

k