By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbone outsells X360 2:1 in UK launch - 150k

This Playstation... it have better legs than others consoles... if it is a year behind priced at double it yet manage to catch but now it is ahead since begging and it iw cheaper.

The gap will increase forever... Xbone just lost the batle already because the two bigger regions for it were more favorable to PS4 this new gen.

Around the Network

Where do you get sony expects 250k? That would put it near 1 mil for the week in europe

007BondAgent said:
Dark_Feanor said:
ethomaz said:
Good launch but PS4 managed to stole UK from Xbox... interesting after saw 360 with double userbase over PS3.

And there is no supply issues with Xbone beucase a lot of retails didn't get sold out... seems more lower demand compared to what they shipped day-one.

Yes, yes, everything is decided with de first week sales. Nothing else matters. Christmass, dosen´t matter, Black Friday dosen´t matter...

Imagine what you would have said in 2007 when PS3 sold close to 3:1 the 360.

I wonder if this will be the excuse when the PS4 starts outselling the Xbox one in every region.

The PS4 is doing so well, because it's got the momentum, and yes that can be changed, but until then.. don't come up with excuses.

XOne is more expencive, nothing can change that in the short term. And it´s clear that Microsoft dosen´t care to have a slower start if this start is much faster than the 360´s.

Kresnik said:

Perhaps more tellingly this means that Xbox One is, according to the same source, now just a few thousand units short of beating the Wii U’s total UK sales accrued since its release a year ago this week.

Stock permitting Xbox One should shoot ahead of Nintendo’s machine this week. And a strong launch for PS4 this Friday could see Nintendo relegated to third place in the UK next-gen battle.

I wonder if this means we've got Wii U overtracked by quite a bit in the UK. Or does 34k = a few thousand?

Purple said:
Kresnik said:

Perhaps more tellingly this means that Xbox One is, according to the same source, now just a few thousand units short of beating the Wii U’s total UK sales accrued since its release a year ago this week.

Stock permitting Xbox One should shoot ahead of Nintendo’s machine this week. And a strong launch for PS4 this Friday could see Nintendo relegated to third place in the UK next-gen battle.

I wonder if this means we've got Wii U overtracked by quite a bit in the UK. Or does 34k = a few thousand?

While you have a valid point, the rate at which the Xb1 is being sold means that number might as well be a few thousands. Either way if there is supply the XB1 should match or overtake WiiU next week.

Around the Network
Purple said:

Ive been saying it since nintendo financials. 300K on shelves globally represents a supply constrained console. Its clearly overtracked and mostly from Europe

Cj2i3 said:
Nothing can defeat the BONE!

....well maybe Ps4.

But aside from ps4

NOTHING CAN BEAT THE BONE!

Erm maybe you missed it, but the PS3 and the PSP did. ^^

Max King of the Wild said:
Purple said:

Ive been saying it since nintendo financials. 300K on shelves globally represents a supply constrained console. Its clearly overtracked and mostly from Europe

Good point but it's been pretty overtracked in America as well from memory. Hopefully it's not that far below what vgchartz has got. It's abysmal enough as it is.

Wii U is at ~200k in UK by Chart-track/GFK.

Xbone needs more 60k to beat it... it is not sold out yet so it is possible.

Good to hear XB1 had a solid start. Too bad it wasn't closer to 200k. Like many have said, the price point is stifling its ability to explode. The crazy part to me is that it is so hard to get the accessories for it. The highest profit margin for them is in this category. Yet, try to get a play and charge kit in the store for immediate satisfaction...

It is near the end of the end....