By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbone outsells X360 2:1 in UK launch - 150k

Kane1389 said:
pezus said:

Pretty good, although PS4 should beat this quite easily

Can we assume around 250k-300k sales in europe? 700k+ in NA

You expect the PS4 to sell only 300k on its launch in Europe?

I'm sure he meant Xbox One, just his wording is confusing.

Around the Network
Kane1389 said:
pezus said:

Pretty good, although PS4 should beat this quite easily

Can we assume around 250k-300k sales in europe? 700k+ in NA

You expect the PS4 to sell only 300k on its launch in Europe?

I think we was referring to the Bone... also PS4 can do 250k in UK alone.

Not bad considering it was supply constrained.

Nsanity said:
Not bad considering it was supply constrained.

It was?

You can still buy it at most places!

The price of Xbox one is the same like for the Ps3 at the same time? Uk get screwed?

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
Good for it. It certainly has tonnes more brand momentum going for it at the moment than the 360 had in 2005.

I saw a massive XBone section in my local GAME when I went in on err... Saturday? Possibly.

(I also saw two kids trying the demo unit of a PS4, which had Octodad as the game. They got to the bit where Octodad has to kiss his wife and they both turned away in disgust, which made me laugh :P)

What is disgusting for them about an ordinary human father kissing his wife? Kids these days....   :P

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/xbox-one-sells-150k-units-in-first-week-in-uk/0124857

Microsoft’s Xbox One sold around 150k units in its first 48 hours in the UK, MCV understands.

Chart-Track this morning confirmed that Xbox One doubled the week one UK sales of its predecessor Xbox 360, which was launched worldwide in 2005.

Numbers released the week after Xbox 360’s launch showed that the console sold 70k in the UK in the same period, although MCV has since been informed that the Xbox One number is in fact slightly over double this.

Perhaps more tellingly this means that Xbox One is, according to the same source, now just a few thousand units short of beating the Wii U’s total UK sales accrued since its release a year ago this week.

Stock permitting Xbox One should shoot ahead of Nintendo’s machine this week. And a strong launch for PS4 this Friday could see Nintendo relegated to third place in the UK next-gen battle.

Good launch but PS4 managed to stole UK from Xbox... interesting after saw 360 with double userbase over PS3.

And there is no supply issues with Xbone beucase a lot of retails didn't get sold out... seems more lower demand compared to what they shipped day-one.

ethomaz said:
Good launch but PS4 managed to stole UK from Xbox... interesting after saw 360 with double userbase over PS3.

And there is no supply issues with Xbone beucase a lot of retails didn't get sold out... seems more lower demand compared to what they shipped day-one.

Yes, yes, everything is decided with de first week sales. Nothing else matters. Christmass, dosen´t matter, Black Friday dosen´t matter...

Imagine what you would have said in 2007 when PS3 sold close to 3:1 the 360.

Dark_Feanor said:
ethomaz said:

Yes, yes, everything is decided with de first week sales. Nothing else matters. Christmass, dosen´t matter, Black Friday dosen´t matter...

Imagine what you would have said in 2007 when PS3 sold close to 3:1 the 360.

I wonder if this will be the excuse when the PS4 starts outselling the Xbox one in every region.

The PS4 is doing so well, because it's got the momentum, and yes that can be changed, but until then.. don't come up with excuses.