By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Sin City a dame to kill for & TMNT & Guardians of the Galaxy - your thoughts and reviews and etc. "Official 3D Movies of 2K14" (Trailers in the 4th & 5th OP & List in 1st OP)

What is your favorite Comic-Book Movie of 2014?

I, Frankenstein 3D 111 29.06%

300: Rise of an Empire 3D 7 1.83%

Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier 3D 35 9.16%

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D 30 7.85%

X-Men: Days of Future Past 3D 62 16.23%

Guardians of the Galaxy 3D 48 12.57%

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D 5 1.31%

Sin City 2: A Dame to Kill for 3D 9 2.36%

Big Hero 6 3D 2 0.52%

see results. 46 12.04%

Total:355
Toxy said:
Kaizar said:
Toxy said:
I voted for The Amazing Spiderman 2.
I know there a quite a few people that did not like it, but I thought it was fun, which is really all I look for in a Spiderman movie. I thought they handled Gwen Stacy well.
I have not seen X Men yet though... I have seen all of the other X Men films and I really enjoyed them. So that could possibly dethrone Spiderman.

X-Men: Days of Future Past 3D, is easily the best X-Men movie ever.

Plus they almost always release the 3D Blu-Ray just 2 to 3 days after the 2D Blu-Ray. And Netflix & Hulu Plus & Vudu & etc. all have 3D streaming movies.

I will likely pick up the 2D Blu-Ray edition, unless I get it in a bundle that includes both versions. I currently do not own a 3D TV so I generally only get my 3D fix when watching movies at the cinema.

The fact that you say it is 'easily' the best X-Men movie makes me hyped to watch it.
Do you know if it is intended to be the final X-Men movie, or will more follow?

After the credits are completely over, they show a certain mutant during ancient Egypt moving sand & rock to build the pyramids in an minute or less.

And it is also confirm that the next installment was already greenlighted.

They usually have the combo pack first. So for up to $5 more, you can get it on 3D Blu-Ray + Blu-Ray + DVD + digital download code.

3D TVs are getting cheaper if you are talking about 1080p. Good thing I skipped 2D HD TV. I would avoid American companies (I.e. LG and several others)

Is there any Comic-Book movies that haven't release yet, that you really look forward too?

For me, "Static Shock" is the most anticipated not yet release comic-book movies (easily 5 or more movies).

Around the Network
Kaizar said:
Toxy said:
Kaizar said:
Toxy said:

I will likely pick up the 2D Blu-Ray edition, unless I get it in a bundle that includes both versions. I currently do not own a 3D TV so I generally only get my 3D fix when watching movies at the cinema.

The fact that you say it is 'easily' the best X-Men movie makes me hyped to watch it.
Do you know if it is intended to be the final X-Men movie, or will more follow?

After the credits are completely over, they show a certain mutant during ancient Egypt moving sand & rock to build the pyramids in an minute or less.

They usually have the combo pack first. So for up to $5 more, you can get it on 3D Blu-Ray + Blu-Ray + DVD + digital download code.

3D TVs are getting cheaper if you are talking about 1080p. Good thing I skipped 2D HD TV. I would avoid American companies (I.e. LG and several others)

Is there any Comic-Book movies that haven't release yet, that you really look forward too?

For me, "Static Shock" is the most anticipated not yet release comic-book movies (easily 5 or more movies).

I won't be getting a 3D TV anytime soon as I am a poor student so I can't have nice things ;)

I hope that they end up making a Phantom movie. That is a character that I feel has been neglected.
I am looking forward to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. The first live action movie featuring those two heroes on the screen at the same time? That sounds like pure joy to me.

I also think there is potential in the proposed Sinister Six movie.

What other Comic-Book adaptions are you looking forward too?

I am glad there is a strong TV following of Comic-Book adaptions now. Arrow, Flash, Gotham, Constantine etc.

Toxy said:
Kaizar said:

I won't be getting a 3D TV anytime soon as I am a poor student so I can't have nice things ;)

I hope that they end up making a Phantom movie. That is a character that I feel has been neglected.
I am looking forward to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. The first live action movie featuring those two heroes on the screen at the same time? That sounds like pure joy to me.

I also think there is potential in the proposed Sinister Six movie.

What other Comic-Book adaptions are you looking forward too?

I am glad there is a strong TV following of Comic-Book adaptions now. Arrow, Flash, Gotham, Constantine etc.

Warner Bros. has attempted coming up a script for Batman/Superman movie for the past 15 years or so, and have scrapped soo many scripts for the finally upcoming crossover movie. It seems to be both batman/superman & batman/superman/wonder woman crossovers into one single movie. So yeah, there also wonder woman in the movie too.

And both Sinister Six & Venom are getting their own spin-off movies from the Amazing Spider-Man movies. The Sinister Six movie is schedule for November 2K16 right now.

Off the top of my head of other comic book movies I want to see: Steel 2 or Steel (reboot) & Green Lantern 2 (didnt like the first, but what else could have been done in it) Justice League & Magneto. (the last 2 or 3 I know are happening)

I can wait for Arrow & Flash movies, since their shows are truely golden in quality.

And yeah, I also like such series as Arrow & Flash & Constantine. I'm going to give Gotham a chance since Fox tends to know exactly what their doing with shows like this and the 90's marvel cartoons and localizing Digimon.

For the Phantom live-action 3D movie:

The Phantom: Legacy[edit]

On December 15, 2008, it was announced that Sherlock Symington Productions had secured the rights to the Phantom, and are set to make a film called The Phantom: Legacy (unrelated to the Moonstone Books 2006 graphic novel of the same name and any other screen incarnation of the character). The film is set to have a budget of $130 million, and is written by Tim Boyle.

Bruce Sherlock, executive producer and head of Sherlock Symington Productions, said that The Phantom: Legacy would follow the lead of films like The Dark Knight and Iron Man, and present a serious treatment of the character. The film will be set in the present day, and revolves around the relationship between the Phantom and his son, and what it means to be the Phantom. Work on the film was expected to begin in 2009. Filming is scheduled to take place in Australia, and producers are in talks with both Australian and international actors to work on the film.[76]

In an interview with Dark Horizons, Boyle said the film will feature two main antagonists, one taken from the comic and one created for the movie. The Phantom's costume is also expected to be updated for the screen, with Boyle seeking to make it more reality-based.[77] Characters such as Diana Palmer, Kit and Heloise Walker, Colonel Worubu, President Lamanda Luaga, and Guran will also appear. The film is said to be heavily focused on the mythology of the comics, with a lot of screen time expected to be devoted to the origin of the 1st Phantom. The Phantom's eyes behind his mask will also be white, unlike what it has been in previous film-versions.[78] Actor Sam Worthington is considered to play the Phantom, after having worked with Boyle on the film Fink.

Boyle was originally considered to direct the movie, but has confirmed he is only attached as the writer.[79]

New Film[edit]

It was announced that Mark Gordon and his production company are development a new film with Management 360, Drew Simon is executive producing and they are currently looking for a new writer on the script.[80]

Kaizar said:

Warner Bros. has attempted coming up a script for Batman/Superman movie for the past 15 years or so, and have scrapped soo many scripts for the finally upcoming crossover movie. It seems to be both batman/superman & batman/superman/wonder woman crossovers into one single movie. So yeah, there also wonder woman in the movie too.

And both Sinister Six & Venom are getting their own spin-off movies from the Amazing Spider-Man movies. The Sinister Six movie is schedule for November 2K16 right now.

Off the top of my head of other comic book movies I want to see: Steel 2 or Steel (reboot) & Green Lantern 2 (didnt like the first, but what else could have been done in it) Justice League & Magneto. (the last 2 or 3 I know are happening)

I can wait for Arrow & Flash movies, since their shows are truely golden in quality.

And yeah, I also like such series as Arrow & Flash & Constantine. I'm going to give Gotham a chance since Fox tends to know exactly what their doing with shows like this and the 90's marvel cartoons and localizing Digimon.

On December 15, 2008, it was announced that Sherlock Symington Productions had secured the rights to the Phantom, and are set to make a film called The Phantom: Legacy (unrelated to the Moonstone Books 2006 graphic novel of the same name and any other screen incarnation of the character). The film is set to have a budget of $130 million, and is written by Tim Boyle.

Bruce Sherlock, executive producer and head of Sherlock Symington Productions, said that The Phantom: Legacy would follow the lead of films like The Dark Knight and Iron Man, and present a serious treatment of the character. The film will be set in the present day, and revolves around the relationship between the Phantom and his son, and what it means to be the Phantom. Work on the film was expected to begin in 2009. Filming is scheduled to take place in Australia, and producers are in talks with both Australian and international actors to work on the film.[76]

In an interview with Dark Horizons, Boyle said the film will feature two main antagonists, one taken from the comic and one created for the movie. The Phantom's costume is also expected to be updated for the screen, with Boyle seeking to make it more reality-based.[77] Characters such as Diana Palmer, Kit and Heloise Walker, Colonel Worubu, President Lamanda Luaga, and Guran will also appear. The film is said to be heavily focused on the mythology of the comics, with a lot of screen time expected to be devoted to the origin of the 1st Phantom. The Phantom's eyes behind his mask will also be white, unlike what it has been in previous film-versions.[78] Actor Sam Worthington is considered to play the Phantom, after having worked with Boyle on the film Fink.

Boyle was originally considered to direct the movie, but has confirmed he is only attached as the writer.[79]

New Film[edit]

It was announced that Mark Gordon and his production company are development a new film with Management 360, Drew Simon is executive producing and they are currently looking for a new writer on the script.[80]

So essentially the Phantom is in limbo/development hell... hopefully it turns out alright.
Thanks for the information on that though, much appreciated!

Oh and the dates for the Sinister Six etc. cheers!

I'm unsure whether they will be making a Green Lantern 2 or not... a lot of people I know say they will most likely just reboot the character and throw him in the new DC film universe (Man of Steel onwards). 

I'm still behind in the Marvel film-verse... but that is mostly due to The Avengers. I enjoyed Iron Man and Thor movies respectively... but there was quite a few things about the Avengers movie that did not sit well with me. 

What are your thoughts on the announced Dare Devil tv series?

Toxy said:
Kaizar said:

New Film[edit]

So essentially the Phantom is in limbo/development hell... hopefully it turns out alright.
Thanks for the information on that though, much appreciated!

Oh and the dates for the Sinister Six etc. cheers!

I'm unsure whether they will be making a Green Lantern 2 or not... a lot of people I know say they will most likely just reboot the character and throw him in the new DC film universe (Man of Steel onwards). 

I'm still behind in the Marvel film-verse... but that is mostly due to The Avengers. I enjoyed Iron Man and Thor movies respectively... but there was quite a few things about the Avengers movie that did not sit well with me. 

What are your thoughts on the announced Dare Devil tv series?

It seems that The Phantom is going thru the samething as the Wonder Woman movie' and Star Wars episode 7. So it will be made, but they have to have the script first and foremost, and then stuff like storyboarding (which has become more important then ever thanks to 3D). Besides, it's best to try to get the movie down as perfectly as possible before releasing it, like Guardians of the Galaxy (well, what I heard, since I haven't seen it yet).

The problem with reboots, is that you need at least a 10 year gap. Plus with movies like Green Lantern, it's best to just get the sequels down, since the first movie will always have a wall of limitations of what they can do in part 1, for example The Hulk which was as good as a first Hulk movie can be, but then they messed up the sequel. Luckily Waner Bros. is all about the stories & plots & etc.

Yeah, I didn't like the first avengers movie, and the director admitted he decided to make the movie not about any story, and just have it be a superhero allience fest. But the second movie is called Age of Ultron, so it sounds like the storyline should make this movie.

There will be Iron Man 4 as confirm by the credits of Iron Man 3. And on the Daily Show with Jon Stewert, Robert Downey Jr. said that he is in renegotiations about his contract. I figure he could only be talking about Iron Man since there is no other movies that he has done 3 of yet, until he finishes Sherlock Holmes 3 which is still in the writing phase.

I heard about DareDevil 2 in 3D starring Ben Afflack with a cameo of Spider-Man. But I barely heard about the series and forgot about it already. Anyways, I hope it will be good, and it seems it can easily pull of good quality, but it still depends on the people making it at the end of the day. I guess I'll get it the whole first season to show me it has potential. It wasn't until the last half of season 1 of the Arrow where the series had finally become pure gold for every single episode being gold. But with SmallVille it wasn't until Season 4 but they where always aiming for 10 seasons on that series.

I wish they would uncancel Justice League Unlimited for its originally planned set up for Season 3 to 5.

Around the Network

I've updated the 5th OP by replacing the Secondary Trailer for "Sin City: A Dem to Kill for" with the Red Band Trailer for the movie.

Heres the trailer that use to be in the 5th OP:

"Mad Max 4: Fury Road 3D" trailer is finally here, but the Movie comes out in May 2K15 I believe:

Here's an interesting movie called; "Horns" trailer:

Here's "See No Evil 2" trailer:

Comic-Con 2014 "Dumb and Dumber To" - Mutt Cutts Van:

Top Ten Shark Movie Moments:

Heres "Horns" UK trailer:

I've updated the 3rd OP with images for:

guardians of the galaxy
teenage mutant ninja turtles 3D
step up 5: all in
stand by me, doraemon 3D
Deepsea challenge 3D

Johnny B. Goode - Back to the Future clip: