By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - For you who think next gen graphics suck...

curl-6 said:
Conina said:
Mensrea said:

Next gen graphics don't suck. :)

Welcome to 2007 ;)

Mario 3D World looks much better than Ratchet & Clank I'd say.

That pic isn't one that does 3D World justice. Here's a nicer one: (And it runs at a v-synced 60fps; does R&C?)

Are you really saying this pic of SM3D looks better than that of R&C??? Are you crazy??? I could accept you saying its funnier, but prettier? You Mad?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
hinch said:
FrancisNobleman said:
hinch said:
FrancisNobleman said:
Yes but those consoles use the more developer friendly, and now archaic x86 architecture, which means people can max out those platforms much more easily than the exotic architectures from previous generations.

Don't expect miracles. PS4 and specially Xbone owners are facing the same dilemma as wii u owners back ago: my system is not as powerful as I thought.

Also to a user up there, if this launch "next gen" games is what you were waiting for so long, welcome to 2007. Crysis baby.

These pre-launch 2007 ps3 tech demos are quite a bit dated now.

Funny you should mention that.. considering how Heavy Rain turned out.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

curl-6 said:

I dunno, I'd say that the leap from Mario 64 to Mario Galaxy absolutely dwarfs the leap from Infamous 1 or 2 to Infamous Second Son.

11 years between Mario 64 and Mario Galaxy, 5 years between inFamous 1 and 3.

And I'd say that the leap from Quake 1 to Crysis 1 absolutely dwarfs the leap from Mario 64 to Mario Galaxy (to compare top games 1996 to top games 2007).

DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:
Conina said:
Mensrea said:

Welcome to 2007 ;)

That pic isn't one that does 3D World justice. Here's a nicer one: (And it runs at a v-synced 60fps; does R&C?)

Are you really saying this pic of SM3D looks better than that of R&C??? Are you crazy??? I could accept you saying its funnier, but prettier? You Mad?

SM3DW does look better. You have to be trolling to take this R&C pic to compare them together. It's not a gameplay shot.

DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:
Conina said:
Mensrea said:

Welcome to 2007 ;)

I'm neither kidding nor crazy. The lighting is much nicer in 3D World.

Around the Network
hinch said:
FrancisNobleman said:
hinch said:

Ups, this is a PS4 game ?

Sorry my bad. Thought it was one of those ps3 tech demos like dr. octopus from spiderman or something. Heavy Rain's graphics turned out awful, but it still is a good game. 

Conina said:
curl-6 said:

I dunno, I'd say that the leap from Mario 64 to Mario Galaxy absolutely dwarfs the leap from Infamous 1 or 2 to Infamous Second Son.

11 years between Mario 64 and Mario Galaxy, 5 years between inFamous 1 and 3.

And I'd say that the leap from Quake 1 to Crysis 1 absolutely dwarfs the leap from Mario 64 to Mario Galaxy (to compare top games 1996 to top games 2007).

He said "Infamous Second Son looks like it's more of a jump between any PS3  game than any Mario game is to the  first Super Mario Galaxy", he didn't anything about equivalent timeframes.

FrancisNobleman said:
hinch said:
FrancisNobleman said:
hinch said:

Ups, this is a PS4 game ?

Sorry my bad. Thought it was one of those ps3 tech demos like dr. octopus from spiderman or something. Heavy Rain's graphics turned out awful, but it still is a good game. 

Its a tech demo.. think its called the "The Dark Sorcerer", or something and yes its for PS4. Adding to that, Quantic Dream showed "The casting" teaser for HR back in 2006, which was also a tech demo. And the actual game turned out even better than that.

All in all its too early to judge what these consoles are capable of doing. That and Quantic Dream have a pretty good track record of delivering visuals that match or exceed their target renders.

First party non-PS2 ports:

Resistance: fall of man:

Resistance 3 (very underappreciated visually imo):

The huge skyscraper city in R&C Tools of Destruction (with its jump pads, grinds between and around huge buildings...) impressed me more than any level of Super Mario 3D World I have seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsjxwTwU8uo