By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One vs. PS4 comparison by germany's most highly regarded technology magazine

tuscaniman99 said:
Licence said:
"The situation is similar with booting times: About 30 seconds on PS4, about 70 seconds on Xbox One."

WTF? That is insane. I thought the WiiU was ludicrous. Hopefully they can get that down with patches like Nintendo did.

I've booted up my Xbox One exactly one time and that was when I first set it up and removed it from the box. The console shuts down in sleep mode after that. To turn it completely off you would have to change it in settings I imagine. From sleep mode it takes about 5 seconds to resume. Nobody should be shutting down their Xbox every single time after playing.

Can you unplug it while it is in standby mode... I move the console back and forth between living room and game room a lot. I move the ps4 almost daily, play with the kids during the day, and play AC4, KZ SF at night on the projector. Since I have a power cord and HDMI ready in both locations it takes no time at all.
Power brick and long boot time sucks. XBox One is going to be a secondary console just like 360 this gen, it's just not that practical.
Plus the power draw in standby mode is too much anyway, I'm not going to leave that thing on until I play it the next weekend again...

Around the Network
Aerys said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Aerys said:
When it comes to games, i dont know how you can say xbox one is the only one tha feels next gen when PS4 is the one to provide the best version of each multiplatform and the most impressive exclusives ( sorry, Ryse is beautiful but corridor 8x8 with bad physic/animation/ia is not that impressive )

The difference is visually clear, you cant miss it with so much aliasing, PS4 really feels much more next gen in BF4, Black Flag and COD, thanks to awful microsoft upscal that increase the aliasing effect and crush the black : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=722069 ( i'll make a thread about this if not old, it's a shame, even dead rising 3 is awful to watch with crushed black)

This crushed black bs is only showing up on capture cards or improperly calibrated TVs. I have Killer Instinct and BF4 and there are no crushed blacks. I went over to my friends house yesterday and he was playing Dead Rising 3 and once again no crushed blacks.

It has nothing to do with TV settings or capture cards( or so make an offscreen capture to show what you describe on KI or Dead Rising), i have the same thing on my TV with normal settings,  only on xbox one games, the problem really come from the upscaler, just like the  sharpening filter.

even Digital Foundry noticed the upscaler problem : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-ryse-son-of-rome

"These results are achieved using a number of different techniques, beginning with Crytek's custom upscaling solution. As we initially observed in our Battlefield 4 Face-Off preview, there's an artificial sharpening effect being applied to numerous sub-1080p Xbox One titles, suggesting a potential issue with the default scaling technique employed on the platform. Stranger still, when the console is set to output at native 720p, these same ringing artefacts are eliminated completely, suggesting that this effect is controlled at the system level. In the case of Ryse it appears that Crytek is applying its own scaling algorithms internally, seemingly bypassing the sub-optimal scaling process."

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Didn't Germany think the kinect was used to spy on people? I don't like the kinect as an xbox nation gamer so I agree it would be nice to make one without the kinect. That gimmick is a waste of time for devs. Would have gladly paid $500 if it was more powerful than the PS4, but now I'm going to give it some time before I make a decision.

As a FPS gamer I found it interesting and should be noted that Xbox One Cod looks barely better than 360 while PS4 looks next gen. The antialliasing is very bad for ghosts on xbox one. I know it's just one game, but it's a multiplat and the FPS genre is xbox's #1 selling point.

ArnoldRimmer said:
selnor1983 said:
Lol.
I wonder if these websites know many of us have set up our xbox ones and set kinect up properly and wait for it it works 95% of the time. Lol

I think you don't realize that unlike most previous reviews/comparisons, they were NOT testing the american/english version of the consoles, but the german localized version, because that's the one that their readers will buy in stores.

And while - from what I've heard/read so far - voice control doesn't even work very well in english, Kinect's english language support is easily better than its german language support, so your personal experience is not necessarily representative for everyone in this world (assuming one even considers your - usually over the top enthusiastic - experiences of Microsoft products credible)

selnor1983 said:
Poor dudes. I like knowing me having an xbox one pisses off some sad internet goers. Anyhow. Have fun chatting, im off to play killer instinct with 6 mates. We all own killer instinct and xbox one. And we are addicted to this game. Best fighter for ages.

LOL!

BTW, the review, despite in favour of PS4 overall, didn't spare some criticisms towards it too, and acknowledged the things in which XBOne is better, so it had quite a fair attitude, no need to be so butthurt about it.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

teamsilent13 said:

Didn't Germany think the kinect was used to spy on people? I don't like the kinect as an xbox nation gamer so I agree it would be nice to make one without the kinect. That gimmick is a waste of time for devs. Would have gladly paid $500 if it was more powerful than the PS4, but now I'm going to give it some time before I make a decision.

As a FPS gamer I found it interesting and should be noted that Xbox One Cod looks barely better than 360 while PS4 looks next gen. The antialliasing is very bad for ghosts on xbox one. I know it's just one game, but it's a multiplat and the FPS genre is xbox's #1 selling point.

COD on PC max settings looks barely better than the 360 version. That game looks like pure trash. The only difference between the PS4 and Xbox One version is resolution. Textures, effects, etc are all the same. Get out of here with thatt ridiculous hyperbole

Around the Network

I honestly cant hear the ps4 at all other then when you first start a disc based game for maybe 20 seconds you can hear the disc rev up....