By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry vs. Forza Motorsport 5

Tagged games:

kowenicki said:
DucksUnlimited said:
foodfather said:
ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:

"it sets a precedent for next-gen racing simulations by virtue of simply planting the flag in the soil first."

....so it is currently definitive.

good.

They are disapointed with the game... no AA, heavly downgraded from E3, some assets looks worst than last-gen, etc... the good part is that the game holds solid 60fps.

They called the game unfinished or working in progress.

Do you just read what you want?

And why did you bring GT here again? It is a Forza's thread.

Perhaps you are reading what you want.

The game looks fantastic. Disappointment and last gen, and the game gets a higher score than Killzone SF. Go cry some more. 

...and a lower score than Resogun.

Sorry, couldn't resist :P

budget games get an easy ride, free games?  well... thats even more of a free pass.

Drive games get an easy ride compared to more ambitious games, so its dumb to compare the score with K: SF, except if you want to compare Resogun to F 5 :)

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

Just picked up FM5 and I am simply blown away!

kirby007 said:

this game being a simulator revolves around handling and control and ai is being judged on graphical facts like aa

same like putting civ:rev up there =total nonsense, it looking nice is a benefit not the goal

and nobody is saying other wise. but this thread and the digital foundry article are about graphics. thats the goal. to discuss them,its not that hard of a concept to grasp. if you dont like that leave or stay on topic. its that simple.

Lol damn all you do is post negative xbox news. You only bolded the negatives for the articles there was plenty of good stuff being said as well. This console wars shit is serious ass business lol.

Mad55, Sony must be paying him at least $7.00 per hour to troll. Where do I sign up for that job?

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Around the Network
Mad55 said:

Lol damn all you do is post negative xbox news. You only bolded the negatives for the articles there was plenty of good stuff being said as well. This console wars shit is serious ass business lol.

he posted the digital foundry article about forza 5. and he posted the verdict and source in the OP and nothing else. so dont go attacking auther just because you are dissapointed with what MS and turn 10 have to offer with the game graphically. 

DonFerrari said:
kabamarutr said:
DonFerrari said:
kabamarutr said:
I want to try this game. I want to see by myself the differences from last gen and how enjoyable the game mechanics are. Racing games are my gig and I shouldn't miss it. From all the buzz around the game, I gather it is more like a Forza 4.5 (some people even said Forza 3.9), but since it's the first and only racer on X1 and next gen both, it is a definite Forza 5.

I think ethomaz (GT afficionado) tested it at BGS and liked... so gameplay shall be good (not GT good,  but you get it).

Yes...I'd like to meet him online, as`I am a GT enthusiast too and also an amateur racer. But why would the gameplay not be GT good? Because of downscaled grahics? Racing physics may have very weel been improved. (What about those Driveatars? Anyone had experience yet?)

As far as I know, they still have some arcadeish gameplay in some aspect (like the speed fell)... Driveatar you would have to ask Selnor and Kowenicki (but that wouldn't help you much since they would say its the second coming)... also a GT fanatic, to sad I can't keep my wheel always mounted (still wanting to do the "pro" drive lessons).

Ι see (thanks for the answer anyway). I have had some feedback about arcadeish gameplay on previous Forzas, but it is something you need to put many hours behind the wheel to discern.

So

Kowenicki and Selnor, care to share an opinion on the game's gameplay? Have you had any experience on Driveatars? How's the AI without them?

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

Mad55 said:

He has to spend like 2,000 more on a ps4 so I don't blame him. he is on the master quest to reasure himself and everybody else that he has the superior console.

Though when we start talking those numbers I would build a PC and say FK consoles. The point of them are supposed to be cheap alternitives that comes close to PC performance. Spending more is a bit...................

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

kabamarutr said:
DonFerrari said:
kabamarutr said:
DonFerrari said:
kabamarutr said:
I want to try this game. I want to see by myself the differences from last gen and how enjoyable the game mechanics are. Racing games are my gig and I shouldn't miss it. From all the buzz around the game, I gather it is more like a Forza 4.5 (some people even said Forza 3.9), but since it's the first and only racer on X1 and next gen both, it is a definite Forza 5.

I think ethomaz (GT afficionado) tested it at BGS and liked... so gameplay shall be good (not GT good,  but you get it).

Yes...I'd like to meet him online, as`I am a GT enthusiast too and also an amateur racer. But why would the gameplay not be GT good? Because of downscaled grahics? Racing physics may have very weel been improved. (What about those Driveatars? Anyone had experience yet?)

As far as I know, they still have some arcadeish gameplay in some aspect (like the speed fell)... Driveatar you would have to ask Selnor and Kowenicki (but that wouldn't help you much since they would say its the second coming)... also a GT fanatic, to sad I can't keep my wheel always mounted (still wanting to do the "pro" drive lessons).

Ι see (thanks for the answer anyway). I have had some feedback about arcadeish gameplay on previous Forzas, but it is something you need to put many hours behind the wheel to discern.

So

Kowenicki and Selnor, care to share an opinion on the game's gameplay? Have you had any experience on Driveatars? How's the AI without them?

The lucky bastards are playing...

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

bananaking21 said:
Mad55 said:

he posted the digital foundry article about forza 5. and he posted the verdict and source in the OP and nothing else. so dont go attacking auther just because you are dissapointed with what MS and turn 10 have to offer with the game graphically. 

LOL the implications. heheh

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)