By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Should we be umimpressed with XB1's 1 million sales, or super amazed with PS4 sales?

Tagged games:

kirby007 said:
Normchacho said:
kirby007 said:
Hynad said:
kirby007 said:
Hynad said:
kirby007 said:
Well with all the negative bs i think the haters need to worry, the xbox one has the biggest launch ever!

Biggest launch ever? It sold roughly the same as the PS4. So how to you come to this conclusion?

Because it launched in more countries? Do I even need to point out how this argument is ludicrous?

1milx400

1milx500

begs to differ

Ok, and? You mean that people were eager to spend MORE for their console on MS side? 

Or are you saying that the XBO made more money, despite you not knowing how much profit each parties get from each sales?

Something else? 

im just saying that Microsoft has the biggest launch ever since they made 100 mil more revenue, which mass media look at ( see GTV launch )

Not counting games or accessories...You also don't track console launches by revenue you track them by units, why do you think all of the articles and tracking are done on units?

are popcorn candy and drinks included in movie revenue?

If the revenue from them went to the company that made the movie they would...but they don't. Sony and MS get money from things like accesories and games and they often make up a large amount of the profits from a console launch. As I said though, launches are meassured in units sold not revenue. Listen, you can spin this anyway you'd like. But it won't change the simple fact that once the PS4 launches in europe next week any debate about which had the bigger launch will be over.

Why all the spin anyways? What does it matter?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
kirby007 said:
Normchacho said:
kirby007 said:
Hynad said:
kirby007 said:
Hynad said:
kirby007 said:
Well with all the negative bs i think the haters need to worry, the xbox one has the biggest launch ever!

Biggest launch ever? It sold roughly the same as the PS4. So how to you come to this conclusion?

Because it launched in more countries? Do I even need to point out how this argument is ludicrous?

1milx400

1milx500

begs to differ

Ok, and? You mean that people were eager to spend MORE for their console on MS side? 

Or are you saying that the XBO made more money, despite you not knowing how much profit each parties get from each sales?

Something else? 

im just saying that Microsoft has the biggest launch ever since they made 100 mil more revenue, which mass media look at ( see GTV launch )

Not counting games or accessories...You also don't track console launches by revenue you track them by units, why do you think all of the articles and tracking are done on units?

are popcorn candy and drinks included in movie revenue?

If the revenue from them went to the company that made the movie they would...but they don't. Sony and MS get money from things like accesories and games and they often make up a large amount of the profits from a console launch. As I said though, launches are meassured in units sold not revenue. Listen, you can spin this anyway you'd like. But it won't change the simple fact that once the PS4 launches in europe next week any debate about which had the bigger launch will be over.

As much as you and i know 15th and 29th should be counted as one the general public won't

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

They both did fantastic and that's all that really matters. Really big numbers from both parties and if both companies had more supply then i bet the sales would have been even higher for both.

I say they're both pretty impressive. Ps4 was pretty much expected to do great numbers, and it did! And you're right about it selling more if it launched in other territories. But X1 numbers are still impressive considering the reputation MS and the x1 have built for themselves these past months. And taking into fact it's weaker and more expensive. Yes, it is still impressive numbers even though it launched in more countries.

kirby007 said:
Normchacho said:
kirby007 said:
Normchacho said:
kirby007 said:
Hynad said:
kirby007 said:
Hynad said:
kirby007 said:

As much as you and i know 15th and 29th should be counted as one the general public won't

I didn't realize the general public tracked console launches. But I bet that if they did they would fully understand the difference in 1 million sales in 13 countries and 1 million sales in 2 countries. Especially when those two countries don't include that consoles strongest market. But even though they don't track console launches, come 11/30 they will know that there are roughly 1 million Xbox Ones on the market and roughly 2 million PS4s on the market.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
We should be unimpressed by both because the first adopters are usually the hardcore sony and microsoft fans who get the console first. We should atleast wait until janurary to make judgement about their sales but I suspect that the PS4 will cannibalize the xbox market because all it comes down to is the $100 price difference.

We should be unimpressed by both???? Regardless of what happens in the next few months, we're talking about launch days here, and I don't think any other console had manage to get these numbers on day 1.
I'm quite impressed with the PS4 numbers, but I'm especially surprised with the X1 numbers because I never thought it was going to do that well after all the hate it got.

Without a doubt great numbers for X1

More impressed on PS4..but Xbox One did quite well too..the amount of hate it was getting some people may have though it to have a weaker opening than the Xbox 360

thismeintiel said:
The One had a really good launch. It's just going to be completely dwarfed by the PS4 when we get its EU numbers.

To those saying they are the same because MS would have sold 1M if it only launched in NA, that's a silly comparison. If Sony relocated all of their supply to NA, instead of launching in 20+ other countries next week, they probably would have sold ~3M.

And if MS had 3 million to sell world wide they would have sold 3 million at launch. Whats your point? At this stage in the game they are still even until supply catchs up with demand. All you have is wishfull thinking at this point. Something fanboys everywhere get when they want to see the other guy go down in flames. Personally I'm happy Sony sold a million because before E3 I was concerned they would not do very good this gen and we would be looking at the real possibility of no PS5. My concerns are put to rest. Now I  want to see the Xbox One recover because if we loose MS from the marketplace there will be no reason for Sony to step up their game next gen. Since we are all gamers, we should stop bashing each other and support Sony, MS and Nintendo. If any of these manufactures leave the market, we all loose. I feel real good about both Sony and MS now just wish Nintendo sales would start to pick up. Based on how much dust mine has been collecting I'm worried :(

John

kirby007 said:

1milx400

1milx500

begs to differ

Going by hardware revenue the 360, PS3 and Wii should be much closer together than by counting the number of units. ;)