By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii Million Sellers and they're ratings

@uncoolestguyever

you are such a freakin flamer!!!! You just want to start shit! These are not all Wii games. Also, Wii's games have a different way from PS3 or 360's lineup! Ratings don't prove sales! Cube games got better scores than Ps2 at multiplats like RE4! Did it beat Ps2 because of this? Hell No!

p.s.- If you think wii games are lousy, shut up and stop bitchin about them!!

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Around the Network

>this proves that peoples taste differs from reviewers taste.

People are forgetting, Reviewers are human too, they also buy games. I can see why Mario Party 8 can be a "family game that is immune to review scores"

but how do you justify games like Red Steel?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

kingofwale said:
>this proves that peoples taste differs from reviewers taste.

People are forgetting, Reviewers are human too, they also buy games. I can see why Mario Party 8 can be a "family game that is immune to review scores"

but how do you justify games like Red Steel?

How do you justify games like Lair? 

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Most reviewers are hardcore gamers (many of them biased towards platforms, IMO US reviewers mostly to the advantage of the 360).

I can easily understand why "party games" are so popular, but I can understand why hardcore gamers can be bored quickly and compare graphics, complexity, audio, accuracy and depth with their past gaming experiences. However easy to pick up and play party games are excellent for introducing non gamers to video games, like Pacman and Tetris have been in the past.

Wii Play outperforming Zelda, Metroid and Mario Galaxy! The Wii certainly expanded the Nintendo userbase! My guess is that the userbase will double compared to the GameCube!

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Faxanadu said:
this proves that peoples taste differs from reviewers taste.

Too true.  Just because you don't like a game doesn't automatically mean it's a bad game.  Games like Carnival Games, Big Brain Academy, and even Cars aren't bad games because they all serve their own purpose and do that purpose well.

Around the Network

I liked Red Steel. (rented it)

>How do you justify games like Lair?

When Lair reaches 1 million, let me know and I will justify it.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

If tou think Wii games are lousy, don't buy them, if you don't like the console or his games don't buy them and stop talking about the Wii.
If you don't have anytghing good to say about somthing, shut your mouth and don't say aniyhing at all.

Wii # 1303 9468 5016 0389

PSN Cmarkru

Xbox live gold Cmarkru

Please feel free to ad me any time, just let me know.

This thread fails on in many aspects.

One of them being that i don't see a game below 60%, and i thought "bad" was considered to be 1-50% (and that's streching it)

Second, there are four 90% (or more) games on that list, which i think it's quite an achievment. Not to mention that SMG is ranked 2nd best game.

Third, these are only million-sellers. You can't judge quality of games by narrowing it to million-sellers list. Some of the best games are often niche-orientated and don't sell well. (ask okami :P)

So i call this thread a failed attempt of flamebait

There are several factors here.

First is that some games are million sellers because they were launch titles. That basically is the only explation that I can give to Red Steel

Another has been touched on here and in other threads involves reviewers' prejudices. Reviewers tend to like certain things in games and dislike others. For example, I have seen Wii games docked in score because they are not HD or not widescreen. Those buying the Wii know that -- but reviewers like to take thier pound of flesh out on the game anyway.

This bias works both ways. Reviwers hate party games or mingames -- so MP8, M&S, and BBA get low scores. Reviwers like sports games, so Madden gets a higher score (77 or 78 average). And I can tell you ... I had major control issues with Madden 08 when I tried to play it because of over sensitivity in some areas and a lack of sensitivity in others.

Also, sometimes games get docked because they lack innovation but are still the first on the console of that type so they sell (eg. GH3).

Finally, sometimes there are cult favorites that don't score well but people love. Carnival Games is the people's champ. It was out of stock for six months and probably without out there would be no GTA4 because Rockstar would be bankrupt.

Mike from Morgantown

PS -- I don't think this was flame or trolling. Pointed -- maybe. But since it used facts to start a discussion, you can't really accuse coolestguyever of trolling.

Now if someone says Wii sucks because it is for Mariofanboys .... 8*>

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV