By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo about to rock the boat on December 7th?

What will be announced?

Brand new IP 76 22.22%

Zelda U 116 33.92%

Pokemon MMO for Wii U 12 3.51%

A new, cheaper, Wii U model 27 7.89%

Deal with all fire depart... 38 11.11%

Something epic involving the 3ds 8 2.34%

Star Fox 64 3d HD Port 5 1.46%

Other 60 17.54%

Total:342
the_dengle said:
AshKetchum1992 said:

Dark Souls? and what is so good about it?

Everything is so good about Dark Souls.

It makes Skyrim -- "Game of Der Year 2011" -- look like it was made by amateurs.

Maybe Skyrim was made by amateurs, though. Let me try again.

Dark Souls is one of the best games this generation. Hands-down. Gameplay is excellent -- not exactly polished to a shine, but much different from most other titles in the same genre, and by different I mean better. Game design, though. Enemy and obstacle placement. Practically flawless. The dungeons are amazing, and the whole game is dungeons.

Dark Souls is too good.

Do you attack when pressing X or is there a menu where you can choose magic, items, attack, etc?

Around the Network
AshKetchum1992 said:

Do you attack when pressing X or is there a menu where you can choose magic, items, attack, etc?

I think you're asking if it's turn-based? The standard attack button is R1. It's an action game, so no, you don't scroll through menus in the middle of battle. If someone told you this was a JRPG and left it at that, they've misled you, though they didn't lie.

AshKetchum1992 said:
Pavolink said:
AshKetchum1992 said:

guns XD..........Call of Zelda XD

More like Dark Souls: Zelda

EricFabian said:

and a lot of blood..... gray blood!

Brown. Grey is not as hardcore as brown.

Dark Souls? and what is so good about it?

What?!! EVERYTHING is good about Dark Souls!!

the_dengle said:
AshKetchum1992 said:

I think you're asking if it's turn-based? The standard attack button is R1. It's an action game, so no, you don't scroll through menus. If someone told you this was a JRPG and left it at that, they've misled you, though they didn't lie.

R1? That's odd, for what are the triangle/circle/X/square for?

Hopefully Zelda, Metroid or maybe Star Fox or FZero

Around the Network
AshKetchum1992 said:
the_dengle said:

I think you're asking if it's turn-based? The standard attack button is R1. It's an action game, so no, you don't scroll through menus. If someone told you this was a JRPG and left it at that, they've misled you, though they didn't lie.

X is context-sensitive, much like the A button in Zelda games. You press it to open doors, climb ladders, read signs, talk to people, etc.

Tap circle to dodge roll (like a Monster Hunter roll), hold circle to sprint.

Square uses the currently selected item, like a health potion. You can equip up to 5 items for quick access, and scroll through them with the d-pad.

Triangle switches between holding your weapon in one hand or with both hands. With both hands, you do more damage, but your shield will be unavailable.

R1 is for weak attacks, R2 is for strong attacks. L1 is block, L2 is parry.

the_dengle said:
AshKetchum1992 said:
the_dengle said:

X is context-sensitive, much like the A button in Zelda games. You press it to open doors, climb ladders, read signs, talk to people, etc.

Tap circle to dodge roll (like a Monster Hunter roll), hold circle to sprint.

Square uses the currently selected item, like a health potion. You can equip up to 5 items for quick access, and scroll through them with the d-pad.

Triangle switches between holding your weapon in one hand or with both hands. With both hands, you do more damage, but your shield will be unavailable.

R1 is for weak attacks, R2 is for strong attacks. L1 is block, L2 is parry.

I think Kingdom Hearts should be more like that but without the shield XD

AshKetchum1992 said:

*shrug* no reason you can't block with a keyblade!

Dark Souls is great and it's a lot of fun, but it's not for everyone. It's very punishing, and requires a lot of patience. If you're the kind of person who gets frustrated easily, I can't recommend it.

I tend to laugh when some misfortune befalls me, so I love the game. Only when I try and fail a specific part over a dozen times do I start to feel frustrated, and then I just do something else for a while. Dark Souls is a huge game, there's always something else you can do in it.

the_dengle said:
AshKetchum1992 said:

*shrug* no reason you can't block with a keyblade!

Dark Souls is great and it's a lot of fun, but it's not for everyone. It's very punishing, and requires a lot of patience. If you're the kind of person who gets frustrated easily, I can't recommend it.

I tend to laugh when some misfortune befalls me, so I love the game. Only when I try and fail a specific part over a dozen times do I start to feel frustrated, and then I just do something else for a while. Dark Souls is a huge game, there's always something else you can do in it.

Good idea the Keyblade could lock, I love the KH battle system but it's kinda simple

I'm also kinda patient with frustration but maybe not as much as you XD

Well, I hope the announcement is Zelda, I mean, Reggie is gonna be on stage, it must be something special...or maybe its Wii mUsic...

Ok, what about this... Nintendo is publishing Monster Hunter 4 for 3DS and Dragon Quest X for Wii U in America, both are coming on march 2014. Is realistic enough and will be a good thing to announce at VGX.